• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't we customize our own character or at least chose between like 5 models? I really wouldn't care if the same character looked differently in some comic or something down the line. Like have the default character be the ''accurate'' version, but for the purpose of this game let us customize some.
Performance capture something something. I think?

Doesn't interest me at all really, nicely captured performance is irrelevant since usually the characters who've been done with that aren't written to be interesting enough.

Happened with Battlefront 2 EDIT I think, because i was put off by the largely bland gameplay in the campaign, and multiplayer felt like bastardized version of EA's previous Battlefront (ah, loved that game, running around and shooting folks with E-11 felt awesome).

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't we customize our own character or at least chose between like 5 models? I really wouldn't care if the same character looked differently in some comic or something down the line. Like have the default character be the ''accurate'' version, but for the purpose of this game let us customize some.
Honestly I think its because they want to use the character for EU content.

dolo

Nov 27, 2018

Doesn't interest me at all really, nicely captured performance is irrelevant since usually the characters who've been done with that aren't written to be interesting enough. Happened with Battlefront 2.

Ah yeah good point.

I think Iden was alright, but that might be because I really like Janina.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think its because they want to use the character for EU content.
Have options for players, pick one canon looks, done.

Ah yeah good point.

I think Iden was alright, but that might be because I really like Janina.
Had to really nudge my memory to figure out who's Janina.
Iden i remember only because X-wing miniature game has the Inferno Squad flying TIEs. (And the other names, but i can't put faces on them.)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up this morning and remembered that we actually live in a timeline where Emperor Sheev "The Senate" Palpatine "the Wise" is returning to our film screens this year

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They won't call palpatine; sheev in the movie right?

Right?
Probably not. Darth Sidious or just Emperor Palpatine most likely.

I will note that Sheev is derived from Shiva (as if someone here wouldn't be aware of that... right?), probably because one of Shiva's titles was "the Destroyer", which is kind of apt for Palps. Though Shiva isn't like Palpatine otherwise really from what little i know about that deity.

Anyway, the correct name is, of course, D the Superior.

dolo

Nov 27, 2018
Super excised for the Mandalorian panel, I have a feeling it's gonna be my personal highlight from this whole thing!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Super excised for the Mandalorian panel, I have a feeling it's gonna be my personal highlight from this whole thing!
I REALLY hope we get a trailer but I'm not 100% if we will. We'll definitely get more info and some new pictures but I'm about 50/50 on the trailer right now.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Holding an entire panel for something we haven't seen yet makes me think they put together a teaser for fans. Doesn't make much sense otherwise. Fallen order, EP9, and Mandalorian all come out within a month of each other. We're getting footage

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This is true, I'm assuming it'd be done right (surely Filoni would've been involved?) but I guess that's a big assumption.

I thought the writing in the trailer was fine with a decent throughline.

It starts with the setup of the three rules to survive in this new order:

1. Don't stand out.
2. Accept the past.
3. Trust no one.

It then shows us as he breaks each rule one by one. It ends with him eschewing those rules for a better rule as he accepts his destiny as a Jedi, trust only The Force. It's kinda neat even if the plot is generic.

I don't mind repeating the post-rots era. I don't mind repeating Kanans story. I don't even mind the character being human.

But I am so tired of "the video game dude." The super serious super bland cookie cutter white guy power fantasy stand-in that's been done literally thousands of times.

Yep.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really annoyed we didn't get any gameplay for Fallen Order.

The premise is sound but really, not even a couple of minutes?

Hopefully we'll get a real look at the game at E3.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree the protagonist of FO looks generic as hell and the premise isn't mind-blowing but I still trust Respawn to nail the execution.

But yes, that was a boring trailer, especially given how awesome the Ep9 teaser was.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm so over CGI trailers. I get that it's SW and they want to make it look like the movies but

Who is going to be disappointed that you instead showed real, actual gameplay from the product you're making that releases in 7 months?

Really hope we eventually start doing away with this stuff. And so much money gets wasted on it

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I thought the writing in the trailer was fine with a decent throughline.

It starts with the setup of the three rules to survive in this new order:

1. Don't stand out.
2. Accept the past.
3. Trust no one.

It then shows us as he breaks each rule one by one. It ends with him eschewing those rules for a better rule as he accepts his destiny as a Jedi, trust only The Force. It's kinda neat even if the plot is generic.

Oh yeah, it was fine. Nothing spectacular that got me excited, but nothing that would make worry for the game's writing either. Not a lot to go on, really.

Personally I didn't find what was presented to be that neat though, they already covered a lot of that with Kanan.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Was it CGI? I thought they were in-engine cutscenes from the game.

I don't understand not showing gameplay either... the game releases in 7 months..

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
92f233a4-c24f-43c0-a28e-ba005d0d7de3.jpg

Definitely need this as soon as it comes out. Might get Trip and Beetee as well.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom

I don't understand not showing gameplay either... the game releases in 7 months..

Do I remember things correctly and did we not get gameplay with the Battlefront 2 reveal either? There certainly isn't any in the first trailer. I'm pretty sure they showed that in a similar timeframe before its release too, so the strategies feel kind of similar. Hell, was Battlefront 1 the same way? Is this just how they like to handle their game reveals?

(I didn't really follow the Battlefront games closely so uh, for all I know they showed gameplay a day later. :s)

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
xbox store said:
From Xbox store

"● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging - partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you'll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.
● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you'll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order. "

Wow, these details got me really hyped about the game.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CG trailers are for the general audience not era. I had three co-workers telling me they watched the trailer and how badass the game looks.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Just got off for work. Fake-Kanan game doesn't do much for me, but I'll still play it because I play all of the Star Wars games.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

No. Stig Asmussen specifically said before rolling the trailer that it was in-game assets rendered in-engine.

Do I remember things correctly and did we not get gameplay with the Battlefront 2 reveal either? There certainly isn't any in the first trailer. I'm pretty sure they showed that in a similar timeframe before its release too, so the strategies feel kind of similar. Hell, was Battlefront 1 the same way? Is this just how they like to handle their game reveals?

(I didn't really follow the Battlefront games closely so uh, for all I know they showed gameplay a day later. :s)

You are correct. Both Battlefront and Battlefront 2 showed in-engine reveal trailers at Celebration and held gameplay for E3. Same as what just happened for Fallen Jedi.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, these details got me really hyped about the game.

Whoa. They should've just mentioned all of this during the panel. I know they said they wanted to focus on a story trailer but damn had they shown all of these bullet points in gameplay I think people would be way more excited. I'm way more excited after reading all of that.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

Doesn't interest me at all really, nicely captured performance is irrelevant since usually the characters who've been done with that aren't written to be interesting enough.

Happened with Battlefront 2 EDIT I think, because i was put off by the largely bland gameplay in the campaign, and multiplayer felt like bastardized version of EA's previous Battlefront (ah, loved that game, running around and shooting folks with E-11 felt awesome).

I'm in total agreement with you on the fact that EA's first battlefront felt far more Star Wars-y in terms of its shooting. It just felt good to blast stuff in that game. Felt like you were shooting lasers and not bullets.

Can we talk about how sweet it is that Ahmed Best got such a great reception at Celebration? Really happy for the guy. So messed up what he went through. Hopefully it was slightly therapeutic for him to do Celebration this year.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in total agreement with you on the fact that EA's first battlefront felt far more Star Wars-y in terms of its shooting. It just felt good to blast stuff in that game. Felt like you were shooting lasers and not bullets.
The game modes in SWBFII also feel so much more staged and like funnels, whereas I was legit going to war in SWBF2015 I'm tellin' ya. Incredibly underrated game -- upgraded to the Ultimate Edition later on and it is hands down my favorite SW gaming experience.

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I think this means that all we're missing is the 3rd & 4th Brother/Sister to be revealed. Everyone else has been showing in comics now.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
The game modes in SWBFII also feel so much more staged and like funnels, whereas I was legit going to war in SWBF2015 I'm tellin' ya. Incredibly underrated game -- upgraded to the Ultimate Edition later on and it is hands down my favorite SW gaming experience.

Yup!! All of that. I totally agree. Underrated for sure. I admit it was half baked a little, and yeah the token system and mandatory jet pack game design could have been better. But the map design, feel of gameplay, and mode design were all fantastic. Plus the range of weapons available was better.

I just wish we could have prequel, clone wars, and sequel content with the good parts of BF2015's game feel.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
JK and JK2 will always be my favorite SW games. I seriously doubt they'll ever be topped. The online component was difficult to master too. Lost hours to both those games.

Losing hope we'll see another game in that style but you never know.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
The accept the past tagline was absurd to me. Felt like a rebuke of TLJ

I hear you but I also don't think it's meant to be exactly like that. To me, it seems it's just that a padawan who's master was just killed and who finds themself without any Jedi order left due to Order 66 and the Galactic Empire's rise would be better off accepting the past so that he or she could focus on surviving.

Edited cause my phone's autocorrect glitches out on ERA.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The accept the past tagline was absurd to me. Felt like a rebuke of TLJ

I hear you but I also don't think I know it's meant to be exactly like that. To me, it seems it's just that a padawan who's master was just killed and who finds themself without any Jedi order left due to Order 66 and the Galactic Empire's rise would be better off accepting the past so that he or she could focus on surviving.

^What he said.

It's about accepting what's happened. Don't try to pretend like you can operate like before as some noble Jedi Knight. The Jedi Order is no more, accept it and move on. You need to just survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.