• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Excuse my - probably - dumb questions trying to get into the Star Wars lore even more and all that. But if there's no Empire during Mando, does that mean private people and organizations are hiring these stormtroopers? So even good people could have some stormtroopers around.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse my - probably - dumb questions trying to get into the Star Wars lore even more and all that. But if there's no Empire during Mando, does that mean private people and organizations are hiring these stormtroopers? So even good people could have some stormtroopers around.

Much like the old EU, I'm assuming that stragglers, remnants, and competing factions of the Empire continued to exist in the Outer Rim territories for years after the official peace treaty.

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad to hear this. I've soured on binging lately. I like having more time to digest an episode with others and maybe even watch the episode a second time, all while not falling behind in this discussion with other viewers.

This is a good move by Disney.

I've felt this for a while and it's really hard to convince my wife to wait when Netflix or amazon drops a whole season of a show we watch. At best I can get her to only do 1 or 2 a day which is still too fast imo to really enjoy a show to its fullest. So when we don't have a choice, like GoT starting tonight, I'm happy, lol.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I just want a Porg. Medium, salt and pepper.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017

It's definiitely possible. But it seems based on what we've gathered from this show. The remnants of the empire are trying to hold on to whatever power they have. But i feel there will be different factions of the empire fighting each other vying for control. So much they can do with this. I also hope they really explore the underworld and this possibly spawns a Maul show.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Did we know Greig Fraser is doing Mandalorian?

He did so well on Rogue One, and I can't wait to see his work on Dune, and now this.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I finally caught up with The Mandalorian panel and the leaked clips.

Absolutely loving what I saw. More than that, I'm really loving what I heard. It feels like Jon and Dave really have a great partnership that has served as a strong foundation of passion to bring this series to life. I also enjoyed hearing from the actors. Pedro's excitement was palpable. All the directors seem tested and talented. Hearing that the ILM crew was so interested and caring was fantastic as well.

Just cannot wait. Hope we can lots more shows of this caliber.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
So, about Disney+, I'm hoping Disney will use their pull to get the service available on the LG store. I will buy a usb stick if I have to, but I don't want to do so.
Having all this Star Wars content is just too good to pass up.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally caught up with The Mandalorian panel and the leaked clips.

Absolutely loving what I saw. More than that, I'm really loving what I heard. It feels like Jon and Dave really have a great partnership that has served as a strong foundation of passion to bring this series to life. I also enjoyed hearing from the actors. Pedro's excitement was palpable. All the directors seem tested and talented. Hearing that the ILM crew was so interested and caring was fantastic as well.

Just cannot wait. Hope we can lots more shows of this caliber.
This show probably owes its entire existence to the fact Dave brought Jon in for the Clone Wars and having him play a Mandalorian Leader. Jon loved it so much. Dave and Jon working together for this is dream team type stuff. I am also super excited that Dave seems to be getting more live action directing under his belt.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed with the color pallet being used in ROS, its color grading is much better than TFA's. I also like that it gives each movie a different feeling, even though the first and last one are being directed and DP'd by the same people.

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized no new Resistance merch was shown,
Hasbro really don't give a shit anymore.

I wonder if the speculation of them losing/dropping the license is true.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This show probably owes its entire existence to the fact Dave brought Jon in for the Clone Wars and having him play a Mandalorian Leader. Jon loved it so much. Dave and Jon working together for this is dream team type stuff. I am also super excited that Dave seems to be getting more live action directing under his belt.

Yeah that was a really cool tidbit. I liked hearing that they've been working together and friends since the Clone Wars days. Some jolly vibes surround The Mando right now and I'm loving it.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I just realized the possibility that Dave Filoni is gonna sneak in a live-action Cad Bane to The Mandalorian.

75c899a1938d008bcdbbaec5d50954695fdb89c2_hq.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized the possibility that Dave Filoni is gonna sneak in a live-action Cad Bane to The Mandalorian.

75c899a1938d008bcdbbaec5d50954695fdb89c2_hq.gif

I think Bane is dead. There was an unfinished Clone Wars episode Filoni showed as an animatic a couple years ago where Boba Fett and Bane have a Western-style gunslinger duel where Bane shoots Boba in the helmet (hence the dent mark) and Boba shoots Bane to the ground. It was unclear if he was supposed to be dead but considering Boba has taken Bane's title as greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy and Bane is never seen or mentioned again, I would assume this was where he died.

You can actually watch it right here:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I think Bane is dead. There was an unfinished Clone Wars episode Filoni showed as a storyboard a couple years ago where Boba Fett and Bane have a Western-style gunslinger duel where Bane shoots Boba in the helmet (hence the dent mark) and Boba shoots Bane to the ground. It was unclear if he was supposed to be dead but considering Boba has taken Bane's title as greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy and Bane is never seen or mentioned again, I would assume this was where he died.

That's fair, but Star Wars has taught me nothing is dead until it's dead (and sometimes even not then).

You can actually watch it right here:

Low-res Bossk is my favorite Bossk.

Oct 25, 2017
Mandalorian had me thinking a bit,
Has the pirate Nym shown back up in canon yet?

They have a whole new archive wave coming and a new Black series wave. And we are rumored to be getting more clone wars figures as well.

I really don't know who they go with if it's. It Hasbro
Speculation was Mattel,
They just did huge with Jurassic Park which they also had taken the license from Hasbro.
Mattel just lost their long running DC license and "insiders" said they were going to make an all in pitch for Star Wars.

Not that I want Mattel to take over.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mandalorian had me thinking a bit,
Has the pirate Nym shown back up in canon yet?

Speculation was Mattel,
They just did huge with Jurassic Park which they also had taken the license from Hasbro.
Mattel just lost their long running DC license and "insiders" said they were going to make an all in pitch for Star Wars.

Not that I want Mattel to take over.

Ugh i hope it's not Mattel. I feel Hasbro is the best fit with their face tech and all that.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so apparently The Clone Wars Revival doesn't have that Utapau-crystal arc that exists in story reel form?
Kind of weird. I mean, i expected them to do that and Bad Batch, and Siege of Mandalore.
Kind of disappointed, the Utapau arc is good, some good humor and the kyber crystal stuff is kind of important. Then again, we basically see similar stuff in Rebels, so perhaps that's why it was chosen.
And don't get me wrong, i love that there's another arc focused on Ahsoka.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm really impressed with the color pallet being used in ROS, its color grading is much better than TFA's. I also like that it gives each movie a different feeling, even though the first and last one are being directed and DP'd by the same people.
Yes, fucking exactly. The blue TV sheen is gone

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Leia's theme always fucks me up. As it comes in as Rey jumps over Kylo's tie fighter, it hits right in the feels.

Same. It totally gets me. Similar to the TFA trailer after Poe screams and the piece of Han and Leia's theme kicks in for about ten seconds when the Falcon is being chased on Jakku. Tugs on that nostalgia.

They've crafted some great teasers and trailers over the last four years. This Japanese TFA trailer was one of my favourites.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who watched few seasons of Alias back in the day, i consider myself somewhat of an expert on JJ mystery boxes , and they always hint at some exciting supernatural solutions only to end in a mundane and obvious reveals.

Armed with that knowledge, I think I figured out what does " The Rise of Skywalker " means in the context of the story:
It means Kylo will get even more swole , perhaps yet more shirtless .

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's definitely a lot better. I think it'll end up being more timeless. That's my hope anyways.
Yes. One thing that always bugged me about TFA is that in many areas the lighting feels too bright/cheap with a blue tint. TLJ did such a better job with the sets/lighting in general.
Same. It totally gets me. Similar to the TFA trailer after Poe screams and the piece of Han and Leia's theme kicks in for about ten seconds when the Falcon is being chased on Jakku. Tugs on that nostalgia.

They've crafted some great teasers and trailers over the last four years. This Japanese TFA trailer was one of my favourites.

This is such an emotionally gripping trailer and a nice change of pace of the breakneck/commanding tone of the official one (which is still the best trailer ever released). I love it a lot.

"Hope is not lost today.. it is found." A crime this line is not in the film.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. One thing that always bugged me about TFA is that in many areas the lighting feels too bright/cheap with a blue tint. TLJ did such a better job with the sets/lighting in general.

This is such an emotionally gripping trailer and a nice change of pace of the breakneck/commanding tone of the official one (which is still the best trailer ever released). I love it a lot.

"Hope is not lost today.. it is found." A crime this line is not in the film.

I wonder if it was recorded for the trailer specifically or if it was in the film at some point.

Another spot I enjoyed (mostly because I love "Yoda and the Force") featured some similar lines to what Maz says in the film, but it's not line for line.

It's funny just how many trailers etc I consumed before TFA was released, having been starved of Star Wars for so long. I think with ROS I'm actually going to go dark on teasers and trailers from now.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
Do we know if the Original Star Wars films on Disney+ are gonna be the original cuts or the special editions?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Original Star Wars films on Disney+ are gonna be the original cuts or the special editions?
They will never ever pick the originals over the current editions. If the theatricals come on the service at some point it will be essentially as bonus features.

The current editions are considered canonical, not the theatrical for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.