• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, how many years have you been busting ass?

tumblr_on14toOBps1ql00eho1_500.gif

edit: I like the couple of folks in that thread verrrrry slooowly inching towards shifting the blame to Disney/Lucasfilm

Last edited:

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone go vote in Pablo's poll, does Revenge of the Sith take place over the course of Days or Months.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question is sort of a trick because the final scene where Vader and Palpatine are looking at the Death Star is obviously months later, but the rest of the movie appears to take place over a period of days.

What's interesting is that the upcoming Siege of Mandalore finale to Clone Wars might finally settle this question.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't thought of that last scene.... I don't think that is obviously months later but sure for sake of argument it could be. But yeah, the body of the movie takes place over days, that's my vote at least. The only thing that really is up to debate is Padme's pregnancy. She is clearly late in pregnancy in most scenes or it's sort of obscured with billowy gowns.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like days when you watch it but it would make more sense if it was over months.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

See y'all in August, I guess

So to update my speculated schedule, including some additions I thought of earlier today:

End of May/Beginning of June: Vanity Fair cover story about The Rise of Skywalker.

June 8th: World gameplay premiere for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at EA Play, their E3 event.

June 9th: A "special first-look" at Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at the Microsoft E3 Press Briefing

July 18th-21st: Possibly a Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker behind-the-scenes sizzle reel at San Diego Comic Con (though maybe not). Possibly more about The Mandalorian and Clone Wars and maybe some toy reveals for Triple Force Friday.

Middle of August: Entertainment Weekly cover story on The Rise of Skywalker

August 23rd-25th: If there was no Episode IX behind-the-scenes reel at Comic-Con, then it will be shown at Disney's D23 Expo. Maybe the first publically released trailer for The Mandalorian. And possibly the first real hints at the movies from David Benioff/D.B. Weiss and Rian Johnson, including the chance Lucasfilm says who is doing the ones recently announced. We could also get a title for the Cassian Andor series and maybe an announcement of a third series or the release date of Clone Wars. Also, more toy reveals.

End of August/Early September: Empire Magazine cover story on The Rise of Skywalker

October 14th or 21st: The full, theatrical trailer for The Rise of Skywalker debuts at halftime of a Monday Night Football Game. Tickets for the film go on sale immediately after (or, to go by previous movies, are accidentally put on sale before the game starts).

Middle of November: Another Entertainment Weekly cover story on The Rise of Skywalker*

End of November: Another Empire Magazine cover story on The Rise of Skywalker*

The second week of December: World Premiere of The Rise of Skywalker

* Could be moved due to the premiere of The Mandalorian around the same time.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Completely out of topic but speaking of days in movies, y'all know what's badass? When I movie takes places during a whole day, stuff like Superbad or Booksmart.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Booksmart is a decade defining teen comedy. Along with the likes of Superbad and Mean Girls. I suspect it will have a LOOOOONG life on streaming/home video.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Completely out of topic but speaking of days in movies, y'all know what's badass? When I movie takes places during a whole day, stuff like Superbad or Booksmart.
You should watch Nick of Time. It's a tight little thriller that takes place in 90 minutes real-time. Depp has 90 minutes to save his daughter and the movie is 90 minutes. A fun little concept.

220px-Nick_of_time.jpg

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone picked up Master and Apprentice? I'm so behind on reading but I really want to pick this up since it's by Claudia Gray

It's worth every penny in my opinion. Been working through the audiobook on my commutes. Lots of fantastic backstory for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. It's especially cool to get a look at what the galaxy was like before Episode 1, a time period I'm personally very interested in.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone picked up Master and Apprentice? I'm so behind on reading but I really want to pick this up since it's by Claudia Gray
Almost done, have it on loan from the library. 92% according to my Kindle. It's pretty good!

A nice little self contained story that gives depth to Jinn I didn't know I needed. It's almost like Ant Man and the Wasp in that regard - smaller scale focused story compared to the bigger things going on in the galaxy if that makes sense.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they handle international distribution of The Mandalorian..

The rest just have to wait till 2020+?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I wonder how they handle international distribution of The Mandalorian..

The rest just have to wait till 2020+?
that would suck :(
anyone looking for or found those vanity fair covers out in stores yet?
I haven't seen any but granted I haven't been to my local Barnes and Noble in a minute. I really should go and snag one. This image is so godlike and unreal, I just cant believe this photo managed to get shot. I'm in love with it

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah it's pretty great.
If you liked her previous entries, then you'll like this one for sure.

The characters are pretty vivid and it made me retroactively care about Qui Gon.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
August 23rd-25th: If there was no Episode IX behind-the-scenes reel at Comic-Con, then it will be shown at Disney's D23 Expo. Maybe the first publically released trailer for The Mandalorian. And possibly the first real hints at the movies from David Benioff/D.B. Weiss and Rian Johnson, including the chance Lucasfilm says who is doing the ones recently announced. We could also get a title for the Cassian Andor series and maybe an announcement of a third series or the release date of Clone Wars. Also, more toy reveals.

ding ding ding

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Watching the latest Star Wars show. Guys. There's a milk stand that serves both blue and green milk.

Galaxy's Edge is officially the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.