• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Sith Trooper" just reminds me of these rejected Star Wars video game logo concepts:

TezDqgSh.jpg

AKA just slap two random Star Wars terms together and you have a new thing

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah but we really don't KNOW Palpatine is returning in that kind of capacity. Sure it could be that, but it could also be some kind of dark force ghostly presence or something. Don't jump immediately to Palps is full blown alive and returning with an army, there are lots of possibilities for how he is involved. I'd like what you suggest just fine but yknow

Oct 25, 2017
yeah but we really don't KNOW Palpatine is returning in that kind of capacity. Sure it could be that, but it could also be some kind of dark force ghostly presence or something. Don't jump immediately to Palps is full blown alive and returning with an army, there are lots of possibilities for how he is involved. I'd like what you suggest just fine but yknow

I mean we know Snoke and Kylo aren't Sith. It could be Kylo is trying to usurp being a Sith though and using these as his personal guard

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we know Snoke and Kylo aren't Sith. It could be Kylo is trying to usurp being a Sith though and using these as his personal guard
I mean there are plenty of options. Kylo is the boss now (I assume), he can do what he wants. Rey gets to remake the Jedi? Well then Kylo gets to remake the Sith. We already know he idolized his sith grandpa and his plan to burn everything down backfired, so why not.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I wish it was already December and we were discussing the actual movie instead of a picture of troopers:(

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The name Sith Trooper might very well be nothing more than a place holder used for merchandising given that it is unlikely the term would be used in the film.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We really don't though.

And if he does return, in what capacity?

It would be very, very difficult to have him survive his death in RoTJ.

I still think his return in the most literal sense is unlikely.
What we know is Ian McDiarmid is in the film playing Palpatine and filmed on set.

JJ Abrams at Celebration in an interview confirmed that part when asked for clarification. He said he was shocked it didn't leak when Ian was on set filming. We don't know if he is alive or anything of course, but we know Ian filmed as Palpatine in the film.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
What we know is Ian McDiarmid is in the film playing Palpatine and filmed on set.

JJ Abrams at Celebration in an interview confirmed that part when asked for clarification. He said he was shocked it didn't leak when Ian was on set filming. We don't know if he is alive or anything of course, but we know Ian filmed as Palpatine in the film.

Probably a hologram that Kylo comes across or something, or maybe a ghost like the jedi. Definitely don't think Ian plays a full live Palpatine.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a hologram that Kylo comes across or something, or maybe a ghost like the jedi. Definitely don't think Ian plays a full live Palpatine.
I cant see it be a hologram thing. If it was a one off scene like that I dont think they would have brought Ian on stage at Celebration and ended the teaser with his laugh. They would have kept it secret like they did Yoda.

Oct 27, 2017

I dont think anyone expects a fully in the flesh Ian Palpatine. That doesn't mean he isn't back though. And I agree with the other poster that they made too big a deal about it at the reveal for it to be just a hologram or something. (Of course that doesn't disprove it but man that would be a gross misfire on their part).

His ghost haunting the DS ruins, and/or possessing people is the most likely I think. It's already been canonized that while powerful darksiders can't be conventional omnipresent force ghosts, they can haunt shit. And if some dope like Momin can do it, I'm pretty sure Palpatine could. It would also be really easy to retcon Banes ghost in Clone Wars as the real deal. I mean twitter canon is as flimsy as it comes.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
There it is:

For the first time ever at D23 Expo, Lucasfilm will host its own pavilion on the show floor featuring an impressive display showcasing the evolution of Star Wars stormtroopers. The exhibit will include several of the actual costumes used on screen throughout the iconic movie series.

As if that wasn't exciting enough, on Friday, August 23 at 3:30 p.m. in Hall D23, guests will get a sneak peek at Jon Favreau's action-packed bounty hunter series, The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian (played by Pedro Pascal) is a bounty hunter who travels the outer reaches of the lawless galaxy, surviving as a mercenary-for-hire. Dave Filoni (supervising director on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and writer/director on The Mandalorian), along with special guests, will join Favreau for the on-stage presentation. The highly anticipated program for Disney+ represents the first-ever Star Wars live-action series.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new rule changes mean that a lot of videos won't get claimed anymore since it's too much of a pain.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I would lol if it's just flashback only and we get a brief glimpse of the Sith Empire in the movie. Then there'll be all sorts of continuity weirdness to explain how it looks exactly like a First Order Stormtrooper.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would lol if it's just flashback only and we get a brief glimpse of the Sith Empire in the movie. Then there'll be all sorts of continuity weirdness to explain how it looks exactly like a First Order Stormtrooper.
I feel safe in assuming there is no chance this stuff is just mere flashback/cameo stuff. They are playing up Palpatine & the Sith way too heavily in the early marketing for this for it to be that.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
i can see that. they turned on Kylo when they found out he killed snoke or whatever.

though now that i type that i guess that wouldn't really work since no one knows kylo actually killed him. they all assume it's rey probably.

Unless maybe the KOR are loyal to Kylo until they discover Palps could come back, and they decide they would rather have him than Kylo.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
man some dude was "speculating" in the stormtrooper thread while being up to date with the leaks.

Now he created a satisfying plot and ending ideas thread for IX lol.

Watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.