• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
After watching BlacKkKlansman and literally 40 minutes of Marriage Story,
Jesus was Adam Driver wasted by the sequel trilogy.
Dude isn't only a great actor but is pretty damn charismatic.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing that bothers me is that because TROS was a bit of a disappointment, we now have asshats claiming the entire trilogy sucked, was doomed, etc.

It's beyond annoying.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After watching BlacKkKlansman and literally 40 minutes of Marriage Story,
Jesus was Adam Driver wasted by the sequel trilogy.
Dude isn't only a great actor but is pretty damn charismatic.

How was he wasted? He was a breakout star and despite the uneven conclusion of the trilogy, Kylo Ren is one of the most interesting and memorable villains in recent memory.

I'd go as far as to argue that TLJ is some of his finest work, which is saying something.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What if someone told you after the trailer that TROS would land a AOTC score?

I was initially surprised when the reviews came out but then I saw the film and was conflicted and frustrated as well, though I liked it more after a second viewing.

Personally, I think SW gets graded more harshly than other franchises because of its storied history. TROS has problems and I believe it is the weakest of the Disney-era SW films but when I see something as irredeemably trashy as Terminator: Dark Fate enjoying a higher aggregate score, I dry heave a bit.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this again it struck me just how big a role Leia was meant to play in this last movie and I'm sure she was a huge part of Connolly and Trevorrow's script. I have no doubt they got a story credit due to the Leia scenes they wrote. It is such a shame Carrie passed (for many reasons) but for purposes of this movie she was obviously going to be Rey's surrogate mother (and she the daughter Leia never had) and would finish the jedi path Leia started with Luke. JJ and Terrio clearly could not find a writing path around Leia's presence. We really missed out on a very moving relationship between Carrie and Daisy. It would have been a wonderful thing to see realized

I'm Rey. Rey Organa.

The thing that bothers me is that because TROS was a bit of a disappointment, we now have asshats claiming the entire trilogy sucked, was doomed, etc.

It's beyond annoying.

I feel like ever since LOST, if something isn't completely planned out from the start and it ends up not being perfect then the narrative becomes that it was destined to be a disaster.

Oct 25, 2017

It's beyond annoying.
I mean that's been there since before ROS's release because the premise was bad(ruined the OT ending,Rebels vs Empire 2, Starkiller Base) and it didn't really have an aesthetic.
the fact that it ended on a sour note for so many just makes it not even worth it by the end.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's beyond annoying.
That was always going to happen, even if TROS reviewed well. They would have just found another stick to beat the ST with.

These people that are now validated by the TROS mixed reviews are probably the same folk who said reviews don't matter when discussing the great reviews the other two ST films got.

Try not to let SW opinions get to you. There are a lot of bad ones out there, best just to shrug them off. Ce la vie.

curb

Oct 27, 2017

Not that I want Ahsoka to show up in the Mandalorian but in general, I could get behind this casting.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was initially surprised when the reviews came out but then I saw the film and was conflicted and frustrated as well, though I liked it more after a second viewing.

Personally, I think SW gets graded more harshly than other franchises because of its storied history. TROS has problems and I believe it is the weakest of the Disney-era SW films but when I see something as irredeemably trashy as Terminator: Dark Fate enjoying a higher aggregate score, I dry heave a bit.
Yup, good points here.

Status
Not open for further replies.