• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resistance outdated...long have I waited...Mandalorian activated

Also since there was some interest expressed...I've started putting my written NaNoWriMo chapters for my somewhat Star Wars-inspired story on Wattpad. Right here. This is the first five chapters, I have another six written that I'll put up later.

But it sucks so don't read it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a stupid question, but does Leia get a character arc in the original trilogy outside of her relationship to Han?

It's been so long since I've watched the original movies that I've completely forgotten.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: the Second Sister in Fallen Order has one of the coolest costumes in all of Star Wars

She's so damn dope looking

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I hate my Youtube front page...

4dPbaNb.png

3WNCRNl.gif

Oct 28, 2017
This might be a stupid question, but does Leia get a character arc in the original trilogy outside of her relationship to Han?

It's been so long since I've watched the original movies that I've completely forgotten.
Not really, no. Her character arc in the OT is her emotional walls coming down to love Han basically

They did her character pretty dirty in Jedi, now that you mention it. Should have done the twin reveal earlier and explored her force sensibilities more.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure The Mandalorian will be good but I feel like we hear this same "Feels just like the original Star Wars when I was a kid!" pre-release impression with every new movie.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I wonder what the overall plan of The Mandalorian is, what kinda post-it notes have the writers room stuck all over the place. Will they go for the cinematic universe trend and eventually start tying events in the show to Rogue One, Solo and the ST?

EDIT: actually, forget Rogue One and Solo. God, this show's timeline still confuses the fuck out of me.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The one good thing about Leia in Return of the Jedi is her badass opening where she cosplays as a bounty hunter and threatens to blow them all up, earns the respect of Jabba and Boba Fett, and unfreezes Han. Her taking the helmet off and saying "someone who loves you" always gets me right in my feels. Then she gets caught and it just gets worse and worse for her.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I hope he removes his helmet in the first ep tbh. Its going to be hard to connect with a character that never takes off his helmet..besides "wow he is such a badass".

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
the whole ruin johnson and #notmyluke skywalker thing is funny because while mark definitely did have problems with it, the two of them are very clearly friends and support one another. you can tell that he is a lot closer to johnson than he is abrams by the number of events they've done together alone.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the whole ruin johnson and #notmyluke skywalker thing is funny because while mark definitely did have problems with it, the two of them are very clearly friends and support one another. you can tell that he is a lot closer to johnson than he is abrams by the number of events they've done together alone.
On the other hand I remember someone on the forum said that they felt like Daisy likes working with JJ more and that she always feels more excited talking about working with JJ than with Rian (no idea if there is any truth to this)

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The one good thing about Leia in Return of the Jedi is her badass opening where she cosplays as a bounty hunter and threatens to blow them all up, earns the respect of Jabba and Boba Fett, and unfreezes Han. Her taking the helmet off and saying "someone who loves you" always gets me right in my feels. Then she gets caught and it just gets worse and worse for her.
Haha same. Though as it occurred to me during my recent ROTJ rewatch, nothing about the plan to free Han makes any sense... if Leia had succeeded in getting out of there after unfreezing Han, what happens to Chewie and the droids?

She does get another triumphant moment though when she strangles Jabba and swings off the barge with Luke.

Well he also would've just spent way more time working with Rian than he did with JJ. He probably spent, what, a couple days shooting his TFA scene? And the better part of a year shooting TLJ with Rian. You can also tell from the Director and the Jedi doc that, in addition to spending a lot of time directing his star, Rian also kept working to alleviate (in vain) Mark's issues with Luke, which probably goes a long way in building a relationship and respect even if it doesn't change his actual opinion. There's some nice little touches like that seen in the doc, like Rian sitting down with Mark on set and showing him the title and logo treatment before anyone else.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
On the other hand I remember someone on the forum said that they felt like Daisy likes working with JJ more and that she always feels more excited talking about working with JJ than with Rian (no idea if there is any truth to this)
I think that would make sense, he basically discovered her and made her famous overnight. There is a lot of love there for that.

It is interesting to me how the OT cast has spoken at length about George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, yet I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever say anything about Richard Marquand lol.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Ready for The Mandalorian thanks to this sweet sweatshirt my wife bought me. (I couldn't find it at the Disney Store online, so I had to take a pic.)
BdRoImu.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think that would make sense, he basically discovered her and made her famous overnight. There is a lot of love there for that.

It is interesting to me how the OT cast has spoken at length about George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, yet I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever say anything about Richard Marquand lol.
Wasn't Lucas basically hovering over Marquand's shoulder the whole time?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought but ... making Finn a janitor who "used the mob the floor" was a wack decision by Abrams imo and a reason why diversity is also important in the writing room.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ending TFA on the note of Luke and Rey in Skellige Isles was an incredible note to end on. I definitely wouldn't want that changed myself.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want to see an alternate Finn storyline that's totally focused on him and is about him realizing the First Order wiped his memory and he's hunting the people responsible for his life as a stormtrooper

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Random thought but ... making Finn a janitor who "used the mob the floor" was a wack decision by Abrams imo and a reason why diversity is also important in the writing room.
I never really understood it to mean he was a janitor, but essentially the equivalent to when sailors in the navy report to their first ship and are assigned to temporary assigned duty and end up doing these kinds of jobs. I mean it's clearly patterned off that, and wouldn't be exclusive to Finn, nor would it mean he was a "janitor".

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The title of those videos are so... authoritative.

I DECREE!!! That Rian... STILL doesn't get it!

SO IT HAS BEEN SAID. Court is adjourned.

*bangs cheeto-encrusted fist against desk*

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel I'm going to spend the next couple of days spending my free time trying to find a way to watch The Mandalorian. Wish I could just pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.