• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i want to know how the anthony carboni / anthony daniels frenemies relationship began because it is wonderful

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
edit:

good morning how we feeling on mando morning eve

giphy.gif

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You all know how hyped I was for Fallen Order but damn does it look ugly sometimes. Minor spoilers for a particular Wookiee character that appears in Chapter 4. This is on PS4 Pro.

Hn43HNb.jpg

kxUYlLW.jpg

9SAkaZS.jpg

Overall it's a gorgeous game most of the time but Kashykk is a mess both technically and in terms of the wookies, which look like they were pulled from a different game entirely.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
For me, Into Darkness only really falls apart at the climax, when it clumsily starts borrowing from Star Trek II wholesale. The rest of the film, besides Khan's miscasting, is totally watchable and often fun.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
For me, Into Darkness only really falls apart at the climax, when it clumsily starts borrowing from Star Trek II wholesale. The rest of the film, besides Khan's miscasting, is totally watchable and often fun.
This is a reasonable take. It's also worth noting that a lot of the worst parts of that film come from the writing, which were from the much maligned Kurtzman, Orci, and Lindelof. But, on the other hand TROS has Chris Terrio working on the writing too. But on the other, other hand, the aforementioned Lindelof also made The Leftovers and Watchmen which belong in the toppest of tiers, so how much can you truly blame on individuals in a collaborative medium?!

Oct 28, 2017

From the article:

Rolling Stone: one thing you hear from people is that the character of Rey feels preternaturally gifted, even for a Jedi — that she learns things faster than, say, Luke Skywalker ever did.

JJ Abrams: Yeah, spooky, right? [Smiles] It's a fair point. It's not an accident.

oh, shit

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
LOL

You're missing a ton of character development and basically watching cliff notes of a show based on one fan's opinion of which episodes you should be watching. It's like skipping chapters in a book based on a review on goodreads.com.
I can understand that, the thing is for me though that there's so many bad episodes at least in the early seasons that they've just put me off watching the series when I've tried watching before. So I feel like this is the only way I can watch the series, maybe I'll go back to them later.

The main thing I've consistently noticed is that some of the three part arcs have some really strong ideas but the ending is underwhelming, sadly. That's how I felt watching the S2 Mandalore/Satine arc at least.

Now that's a poster. I prefer this to the American one.

Lando does look weird though. It's also still weird how the Sith troopers have completely disappeared from the marketing, and I'd like to see the Emperor on the poster.

EDIT: Really cool picture that reminds me of the OT behind the scenes.

37660n21g1041.jpg

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I always loved that Padme white outfit. Looks so much like those from the Buck Rogers TV show.

Always loved it. At the time I was hoping she'd turn into a swashbuckling heroine instead of whatever the hell they did to her in Ep 3.

Love the new poster and promotional shots, but it's got to the point that when I think of Rey I envision her with the staff not the lightsaber.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yes there's a long standing theory that Palpatine drained her life force to save Anakin. Notice the intercutting between the two characters as one is dying and the other is being reborn as Vader
I like that theory, except that he shouldn't even know where she is, and it opens a whole can of worms of why doesn't he remotely kill other people then.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take that potential plot hole over the warrior queen/senator that is married to democracy and the rights of everyone and who just gave birth to two children dying of a "broken heart" despite her last words declaring how much she still believes there is good in Anakin tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Was Wookipedia sleuthing and discovered that baby Yoda and Anakin are the same age.

Coincidence!? When it comes to Star Wars, even if the original intent wasn't there, someone at some point will connect those dots anyways.

So... Baby Yoda is the anti-Vader. 100% confirmed for definitely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.