• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving Oscar's speech in that latest tv spot. This movie's gonna have a hell of a finale isn't it?

when the galaxy answers Leia's call! Let's goo!!!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm studying her expression, I'll have the results soon.

When I see dark side Rey in the trailer

ysGDgZU.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatch: The Phantom Menace
  • Qui-Gon is immediately established as an idiot by saying he "doesn't sense anything" aboard the Trade Federation ship
  • The fuckin Force speed effect lmao
  • I love that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan just straight up intimidate Jar Jar into doing their bidding like a couple of cops
  • This romantic scene where a teenage girl meets the ten year old boy she later marries
  • I'm surprised at Sebulba's absence from the canon after TPM. Like there should be a comic where he meets Luke or Vader kills him or something
  • Special edition where they dub over Maul with Sam Witwer when
  • Anakin refers to it as a "laser sword" and then his son refers to it as a laser sword in TLJ so again it's like poetry sort of, they rhyme, every stanza sort of rhy
  • This scene where Qui-Gon bets with Watto is so needlessly confusing. I've seen this movie like a hundred times and I still don't know what exactly happened
  • Qui-Gon runs a blood test on a child under false pretenses so he can count his midichlorians
  • The podracing sequence is an editing nightmare. The concept is cool but it just drags on for so long with no tension especially in the home video versions where it's extended
  • Just noticed when Qui-Gon and Anakin are walking back to the ship there's like a little proto-BB-8 rolling around? Like a little ball-droid looking thing
  • Whatever happened to Valorum? I know he was in that one TCW episode where he was just chilling in retirement. Did Sheev let him live in peace?
  • Sheev refers to Mas Amedda as being on the payroll of the Trade Federation. Is he making this up? I forget to what extent Mas Amedda was in his pocket in the current canon
  • I like how Captain Panaka ended up becoming an Imperial bootlicker who figures out that Leia is Padme's daughter and gets blown up by Saw Gerrera before he can tell anyone
  • Whoa, two of the Jedi on the Council are the same species as Baby Yoda. Has anyone ever noticed this????
  • I don't care what anybody says, the lightsaber fight is dope as hell
  • I want them to do a special edition where Maul screams KENOOOOOBIIIIIIAAAAAAAGH as he falls down the pit
  • Adult Yoda is like "Yeah the kid is obviously serious danger and I sense the dark side all over him but.........eh whatever"

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad super speed didn't make it into the ST. Those one jump Luke does in Empire even looks dumb.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Qui-Gon is immediately established as an idiot by saying he "doesn't sense anything" aboard the Trade Federation ship
Yeah I noticed this too lol

Also Obi-Wan is needlessly ass hole in this one, when Qui-Gon is going back for a slave kid he says "why do I get the sense we've picked up another pathetic life form?"

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Disney+ has all the deleted scenes from each movie including the ones that were exclusive to the box set and I saw some new ones I never knew about, like Bail Organa in Episode I (played by a different actor).

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Also, what was the Council's plan for Anakin if he wasn't going to be trained? Send him back into slavery?

I always thought it would be something along the lines of sending him to the agricultural corps with the failed initiates (though I forget if that's still canon nowadays).

In any case it's kinda moot since Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan probably would have left the Order in order to train him.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You know your cult is whack when you need to only get babies or otherwise they'll realize your shit sucks and they'll go back home.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever is being hidden on Jakku at Empire's End feels like it could've been some decent build up to Palpatine. I mean, obviously it's not since Palpatine coming back wasn't a thing but still.

No spoilers if you've finished Empire's End or have read the TROS leaks, plox.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In regards to the later-than-normal review embargo, I think this final film has a shit-ton of revelations they are trying to keep plugged until the very end.

I think this will review fairly close to the other two films though probably not quite as well as TLJ, which really was a critical darling.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
In regards to the later-than-normal review embargo, I think this final film has a shit-ton of revelations they are trying to keep plugged until the very end.

I think this will review fairly close to the other two films though probably not quite as well as TLJ, which really was a critical darling.

I mean, doesn't TFA have a higher % with more reviews?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, total media blackout time

*New TV spot with 1.5 seconds of new footage*

Alright, I'll just watch it 20 times, post online, consider any possible Reylo-related ramifications of the new scenes, lose myself for a little while thinking about Daisy's quads at that one awards show, then total media blackout

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, doesn't TFA have a higher % with more reviews?

I go by Metacritic, which has a far more credible (in my opinion) swath of professional film critics. Very few films break 80 and TLJ got an 85, which is impressive. (TFA got an 81)

Rotten Tomatoes aggregates just about everyone, including smaller nerd sites, so TLJ getting a lower score there was unavoidable.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If JJ nails TROS like he did with TFA, then this will be by far my favorite cinematic trilogy. Don't let me down, JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.