• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, I bought PS+ just to play Battlefront 2.

Sucks 'cus now I gotta re-start from square one. I wish I could transfer all my progression from my alt account, I had all my main shit up to the max upgrade.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna get worse before it gets better. Hopefully the movie is good but that still won't stop the bullshit. Man, the leaks really fucked any kind of discussion.

Last edited:

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to know I can go on era and be okay with avoiding spoilers

Can't say the same in other places online

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers, the new Star Wars movie will be a fun, fast-paced action film with witty banter. However, this will be completely overshadowed by dorkasses yelling on social media about how such and such plot decision or character moment retroactively "ruins" the franchise.

Like, by that same standard, Star Wars was ruined long ago, but folks just keep falling into the same misery trap for likes or whatever

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly that D+ version of the Greedo scene will never not be funny to me

All I can think of is George Lucas in bed after changing that scene for the 10th time, but he's rolling restlessly under his sheets and mumbling in his sleep sweating profusely

And then he just sits up suddenly eyes wide like "MACLUNKEY!"

Also reminds me of the many people who saw TLJ and didn't realize Rose was a CG creation

This got me fuck

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So39Ao9.png

A thing of beauty.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit think that people who read the leaks regret doing so but create a narrative anyway to try ruin the party for everyone.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even after reading those leaks, I think The Rise of Skywalker will be great.

I'll enjoy it no matter what, though. Just seeing Carrie Fisher one last time is enough for me.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peeked at that thread. Saw something I probably shouldn't have and bailed.

Still honestly I'm MORE interested if anything, not even remotely worth that freak out.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I legit think that people who read the leaks regret doing so but create a narrative anyway to try ruin the party for everyone.

I read the leaks and I'm not at all regretful. Well, maybe a little because I think I might've enjoy some of the reveals, but who knows. I'm still incredibly excited for the movie

As someone who's been around the major fandoms who had leaks this year (GOT, MCU) I think the reaction to these leaks themselves aren't that negative, honestly. Most of the negativity comes from the usual suspects who want them to turn out bad. With GOT, the hate and negative reactions were much more pronounced and universal.

The Star Wars Leaks sub on Reddit is far from the mess Freefolk (the GOT sub) was with the leaks.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the leaks and I'm not at all regretful. Well, maybe a little because I think I might've enjoy some of the reveals, but who knows. I'm still incredibly excited for the movie

As someone who's been around the major fandoms who had leaks this year (GOT, MCU) I think the reaction to these leaks themselves aren't that negative, honestly. Most of the negativity comes from the usual suspects who want them to turn out bad. With GOT, the hate and negative reactions were much more pronounced and universal.

The Star Wars Leaks sub on Reddit is far from the mess Freefolk (the GOT sub) was with the leaks.

Thanks for the clarification about the leak's reception. Here in Eramany users makes looks like the leaks are actually horrible and the movie is gonna suck no matter what. People were literally claiming it was a disaster bounding to happen thanks to the leaks. I really hate these negative hyperboles.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I didn't read the Endgame leaks and people were also negative about it, right? Does anyone have the link to the thread about the Endgame leaks?

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I didn't read the Endgame leaks and people were also negative about it, right? Does anyone have the link to the thread about the Endgame leaks?
I don't have any links, but I can verify that the reception to the Endgame leaks was pretty negative both here and on Reddit. People were mad that Cap didn't die, as well as Thor being fat.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the clarification about the leak's reception. Here in Eramany users makes looks like the leaks are actually horrible and the movie is gonna suck no matter what. People were literally claiming it was a disaster bounding to happen thanks to the leaks. I really hate these negative hyperboles.

Yeah, but that's mostly any Era OT thread. The Hangouts spoiler thread here is much more positive, and Star Wars Leaks as well.

That's not to say I'm 100% on board with every plot point leaked, especially one, but it's so vague and lacking all context that I can't be too upset about it. The leaks for me are just interesting tidbits that i look forward to see on screen.

Oct 28, 2017

I read most of them and hate myself. Stayed virtually spoiler free for both TFA and TLJ. I watched the trailers, of course, but that was it. I think what made TLJ such a good experience for me was all the story surprises. It felt good to see a SW movie and have no idea what was gonna happen.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
For TFA I knew Kylo killing Han for a year beforehand but I'm so happy I didn't know about Rey getting the lightsaber in the forest. I get goosebumps on my face every time from that.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember about here but Reddit freaked out

I will try to look for it on Reddit. Must be funny reading the reactions now.

I don't have any links, but I can verify that the reception to the Endgame leaks was pretty negative both here and on Reddit. People were mad that Cap didn't die, as well as Thor being fat.

That's problem with plot points without any context. Captain had a way better ending than simply dying imo.

Its all about the execution. Leaks most of the time not well received because of the lack of context.

I agree 100% with this.

Yeah, but that's mostly any Era OT thread. The Hangouts spoiler thread here is much more positive, and Star Wars Leaks as well.

That's not to say I'm 100% on board with every plot point leaked, especially one, but it's so vague and lacking all context that I can't be too upset about it. The leaks for me are just interesting tidbits that i look forward to see on screen.

Yeah, the Era OT (also the gaming side) is pretty negative, but I guess this isn't exclusive to this forum. Reddit can be really negative too. Usually twitter is more positive about this kind of stuff.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I practically submerge myself in leaks for every Star Wars film.

It's been okay. I've read some real whoppers that turned out to be not true, and some that turned out be totally true.

And yeah, the subreddit is a surprisingly chill place; it's a combo of good moderation and the fact that the folks who frequent it usually get 6 months to a year to come to terms with some of the bigger plot twists. Makes all the turmoil here and elsewhere come release seem pretty... well, meaningless, when all is said and done.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Oh jeez I can't imagine finding out about fat Thor without context. That's absolutely something that lived on it's execution and Hemsworth's acting.

The reactions to that and Tony's death were hilarious. So were the ones to Black Widow's death.

People thought Captain ending like that also was uncharacteristic of him and ruined his character. "He would never be so selfish!" lol.

Last edited:

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The reactions to that and Tony's death were hilarious. So were the ones to Black Widow's death.

People think Captain ending like also was uncharacteristic of him and ruined his character. "He would never be so selfish!" lol.

I'll never forget my screening of Infinity War.

Apparently A LOT of people didn't realize Thanos was destined to win the first round and were furious at the ending. My favorite - and this is true - was a nerdish kid literally punching the back of one of the seats in the theater over his frustration as the audience shuffled out.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
*Posts OT.*

Second page: I just....don't care.

Only on era will somebody drive by post an OT just to announce that they don't care about the film.

This site sometimes.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I practically submerge myself in leaks for every Star Wars film.

It's been okay. I've read some real whoppers that turned out to be not true, and some that turned out be totally true.

And yeah, the subreddit is a surprisingly chill place; it's a combo of good moderation and the fact that the folks who frequent it usually get 6 months to a year to come to terms with some of the bigger plot twists. Makes all the turmoil here and elsewhere come release seem pretty... well, meaningless, when all is said and done.

Yeah, seeing a lot of those leaks with context, after months of worrying or anticipating them, is going to a whole other thing.

I read most of them and hate myself. Stayed virtually spoiler free for both TFA and TLJ. I watched the trailers, of course, but that was it. I think what made TLJ such a good experience for me was all the story surprises. It felt good to see a SW movie and have no idea what was gonna happen.

I understand that feeling too, since I also didn't know much about TLJ going in (granted, because that production barely leaked). I watched TLJ in a press screening, so there were zero leaks preparing me for Snoke being cut in half, or Luke's final act. And it was awesome. One of the few things that did leak though, was Leia surviving in space ("she uses the force in an incredible way to survive an attack on her ship"). That detail leaked more than a year before the movie came out.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna watch RoS on the 21th, which is 3 days after the opening day here. I'm not sure how I'll avoid all the spoilers. Leaks are easy to avoid since few people read it, but once the movie is out, oh boy...

giphy.gif

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I ignored the leaks thread as soon as I learnt how, but I feel like I know exactly what it looks like all the same. I basically picture this thread about Benioff & Weiss' first public appearance after the GoT ending:

One person posts a bunch of bullet points, either unflatteringly-worded to begin with or re-interpreted to match the OP's agenda, which then get taken at face value without question by an audience of posters who already want to hate it, until everyone's whipped themselves into a confirmation bias frenzy. And the only way they can talk about it is coming into every Star Wars thread for the next six months and hinting about how they've read the leaks and they're not going to say anything but the movie definitely sucks, what a piece of shit, Star Wars is ruined, etc.

You love to see it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Hm, just a Legends sale on Comixology for now. A Disney Canon sale should be happening too hopefully.

I don't think I have much interests in Legends reading beside maybe the Thrawn Trilogy, novel or comic form.

All the Star Wars movies on Disney+ are 4K with HDR. The original trilogy has brand new scans that look great. There have been nips and tucks here and there, most of them very welcome, with the only really noticeable change being Greedo saying "maclunky" right before being shot.

Ah okay, well guess not that much change then.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I ignored the leaks thread as soon as I learnt how, but I feel like I know exactly what it looks like all the same. I basically picture this thread about Benioff & Weiss' first public appearance after the GoT ending:

One person posts a bunch of bullet points, either unflatteringly-worded to begin with or re-interpreted to match the OP's agenda, which then get taken at face value without question by an audience of posters who already want to hate it, until everyone's whipped themselves into a confirmation bias frenzy. And the only way they can talk about it is coming into every Star Wars thread for the next six months and hinting about how they've read the leaks and they're not going to say anything but the movie definitely sucks, what a piece of shit, Star Wars is ruined, etc.

You love to see it.

Yes, this is basically it. It's incredibly annoying and frustrating.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of comics and legends, it only blows my mind that Marvel didn't re-print some of the major comic stories.

I've wanted to read Dark Empire for forever but Marvel seems to not really give a fuck about it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Status
Not open for further replies.