• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing ok avoiding leaks so far *touches wood*. Someone posted a leaked image in a forum I go to that I think might be real. Also, saw another big one on a youtube comment, but I'm pretty sure that person was just guessing. From next Monday, I'm goint to start blocking parts of Youtube and muting words on twitter.

Lucasfilm and or Bad robot should have stopped this shit from happening, though. It's not that some people have read them that's the issue, it's the small percentage of those people who want to ruin it for others.

EP8 never leaked like this at all. So that makes me think the leaks for 7 & 8 come from bad robot, but I have no idea on that.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna watch RoS on the 21th, which is 3 days after the opening day here. I'm not sure how I'll avoid all the spoilers. Leaks are easy to avoid since few people read it, but once the movie is out, oh boy...

giphy.gif

I know that feeling, that is why I actually took the day off and am going in the morning on the 18th haha. But no worries... no spoilers from me ;)

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I think I saw some of the leak in the comment section of some random news story about about ticket pre-sales or something, but I can't be sure because my eyes reflexively leapt away like a finger on a hot stove, and I wouldn't know if was true anyway without actually reading the leaks thread.

I'm actually pretty excited to see whether what I read was real or not, to be honest :P

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
How fucking hard is Rey going to crack Kylo on the head to break his mask, though?

And do they fuck afterwards or before?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing ok avoiding leaks so far *touches wood*. Someone posted a leaked image in a forum I go to that I think might be real. Also, saw another big one on a youtube comment, but I'm pretty sure that person was just guessing. From next Monday, I'm goint to start blocking parts of Youtube and muting words on twitter.

Lucasfilm and or Bad robot should have stopped this shit from happening, though. It's not that some people have read them that's the issue, it's the small percentage of those people who want to ruin it for others.

EP8 never leaked like this at all. So that makes me think the leaks for 7 & 8 come from bad robot, but I have no idea on that.

I think you're more or less right on that, since RJ did all his post-production in-house at Lucasfilm.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I ignored the leaks thread as soon as I learnt how, but I feel like I know exactly what it looks like all the same. I basically picture this thread about Benioff & Weiss' first public appearance after the GoT ending:

One person posts a bunch of bullet points, either unflatteringly-worded to begin with or re-interpreted to match the OP's agenda, which then get taken at face value without question by an audience of posters who already want to hate it, until everyone's whipped themselves into a confirmation bias frenzy. And the only way they can talk about it is coming into every Star Wars thread for the next six months and hinting about how they've read the leaks and they're not going to say anything but the movie definitely sucks, what a piece of shit, Star Wars is ruined, etc.

You love to see it.
The thing that got me most about the reactions, here and elsewhere, to that D&D appearance were the number of people shitting on them for saying something like, "GoT was our personal film school because we'd never had to work with people like costume designers before." Which, like, of fucking course. It was not new information that these guys had never been showrunners before, they'd only ever been writers so how could they have ever learned that stuff before actually getting a chance to do it, and yet it became another albatross to hang on them. To say nothing of the number of people who continue to insist, without evidence and contrary to the actual evidence that does exist, that they bailed on GoT early to do Star Wars, it's really crazy how fans of certain franchises even here turn borderline hysterical over nothing.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of comics and legends, it only blows my mind that Marvel didn't re-print some of the major comic stories.

I've wanted to read Dark Empire for forever but Marvel seems to not really give a fuck about it.

Since Marvel re-acquired the Conan: The Barbarian license they've been re-publishing all of their Conan backlog stuff in these massive, sumptuous tomes.

Maybe we'll get something similar to SW at some point.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pablo's Visual Dictionary is still scheduled for the 20th as of now.
hmm. interesting, yet those books don't really have the same potential to spoil ending things. Like, concept art will be showing scenes and story boarding essentially. the visual dictionary will tell you what material the Knights of Ren's shoelaces are made of.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
this way they can include art from the end of the movie

yup. I bet they filmed the ending in secret very late in the process and all the shit floating around right now are just fake endings they filmed to throw off leakers.

shit's been a reality for the biggest movies/tv shows for a while now.

the unfortunate side effect is merch that wants to feature all that stuff (baby yoda, this art book) have to be delayed as a result. I don't really mind tbh.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yup. I bet they filmed the ending in secret very late in the process and all the shit floating around right now are just fake endings they filmed to throw off leakers.

shit's been a reality for the biggest movies/tv shows for a while now.

the unfortunate side effect is merch that wants to feature all that stuff (baby yoda, this art book) have to be delayed as a result. I don't really mind tbh.
It's disappointing for sure, the art books are so great, but this way we get a complete product.
no question that sales of that book will be lower bc they are sacrificing dollars from holiday gift buyers in order to maintain the secrecy of the story. I respect that, even if that book is on my gift list.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
lol that Finn thread is 18 pages long.

How miserable do you have to be to continue talking about this same movie over and over for literally years now

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean jesus. We're talking about EP9 fan posters, why are we comparing them to the best ever made? I meant, in the context of TROS, not literally the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.