• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god...AOTC is rough despite some good things here and there. Yeah I'm definitely on TPM>AOTC having seen both of them recently. And what on earth happened with Anakin in this movie?

Also, I know there are people who prefer the PT over the ST, but I'm not one of them.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The only good thing about the Holiday Special is that Bea Arthur is a bartender/dancer in the Star Wars universe (and was recently recanonized in one of the books).

swths-bea.gif

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god...AOTC is rough despite some good things here and there. Yeah I'm definitely on TPM>AOTC having seen both of them recently. And what on earth happened with Anakin in this movie?

Also, I know there are people who prefer the PT over the ST, but I'm not one of them.

The PT is a great concept told poorly (my love for ROTS aside).

The ST is a derivative concept told well.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The PT is a great concept told poorly (my love for ROTS aside).

The ST is a derivative concept told well.
Oh yeah I'm getting to ROTS tomorrow(and I remember liking that on rewatching it). I kind of wish TPM and AOTC were actually good to great so it didn't have to be in this situation. That is true about the ST though.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Can't wait for The Rise of Skywalker to come out so we can finally talk about the ST as a whole

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Valid points. But... what other option does TROS have than to try and be a synthesis? It has to be! It's definitely a very tight spot Rian put JJ in.
Quite the opposite, I think. Johnson left the door wide open. They could have told any story they wanted... and they made it about Palpatine.

It just seems to me like a frustrating lack of imagination. I wish they would trust these new characters enough to let them own the screen and have their story.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Knights of Ren feel so weird to me. They've been established since The Force Awakens yet we still have only barley touched on them till recently.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

so Ben took leadership of the knights of ren O:!!!!!!!

they probably would say something about that on TROS

The Knights of Ren feel so weird to me. They've been established since The Force Awakens yet we still have only barley touched on them till recently.

yeah, but given the 2 movies, it makes sense somehow.

Snoke says that Kylo is the leader of the knights of ren, like if it was an achievemente, i always thought "well duh, if they are the students he took with him, he would be obviously their leader"

but they weren't O: the implications are huge!

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Okay Fortnite, I will get back on.

Probably end up getting one of the Star Wars skins too depending how much V-bucks I had left over earlier this year ha ha.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I tried several years ago and just couldn't do it. It's completely, unironically terrible, it's not like "bad in a fun way" like the prequels where you get a lot of entertainment value out of them. There's nothing redeeming about the Holiday Special except the humorous crappiness of the few live-action segments with Mark, Harrison, and Carrie.
Same. It is unwatchable.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Quite the opposite, I think. Johnson left the door wide open. They could have told any story they wanted... and they made it about Palpatine.

It just seems to me like a frustrating lack of imagination. I wish they would trust these new characters enough to let them own the screen and have their story.

We don't know how Palpatine fits into this film so I'd wait to see the execution.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I love Leia's Madonna-esque British accent that comes and goes throughout ANH. Nobody can decide how to pronounce Han. Tarkin calls her "Leah." It's great.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find Beilert Valance totally uninteresting? I have no desire to read this upcoming Bounty Hunters series. But I'll still do it anyway.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This Umbara arc of Clone Wars is nuts, man. Fuckin' Krell.

After Mando #6, I think LF should let Famuyiwa do whatever the hell he wants with Star Wars going forward.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Status
Not open for further replies.