• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm going straight to Episode 4 instead of Solo/Rogue One and not watch the Special Editions of the OT as those are not the versions I grew up with, I watched Episodes 4-6 on VHS in 1996 so I should go Despecialized or Project 4k. Plus I don't like most of the changes except for a very few. I wouldn't want the Blu Ray version of ROTJ since it ruined one of my fave scenes in Star Wars.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So how's everyone feelin' right about now? We are only 3 or 4 days away from the release!

At this point, my feeling is, however the film turns out, at least John Williams delivered a total banger of a score. That's like half of my worries filed away.

When is the premiere? When do we expect to get first impressions? When do we expect to get the first reviews?

Premiere's tomorrow night, so we can expect social media impressions to start appearing around 9 or 10pm PST.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Can we cool it with the leak talk? This is just begging for some chucklefuck to come in here and "speculate"

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've decided after I've seen the movie I'm just going to talk about it in this thread. I'm not going to see or care about any other reactions. I'm over it.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

While the "Skywalker" saga is ending, the company won't abandon the characters created in the most recent trilogy.
Interesting.

Additionally, she said, the plan is to move beyond trilogies, which can be restricting.

"I think it gives us a more open-ended view of storytelling and doesn't lock us into this three-act structure," she said. "We're not going to have some finite number and fit it into a box. We're really going to let the story dictate that."

Very interesting.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The next "Star Wars" film is expected to arrive in 2022, and that's essentially all that's known about it. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has an idea for a "Star Wars" movie, but it's in the early stages, according to Kennedy. Rian Johnson, who wrote and directed "The Last Jedi," is also developing more "Star Wars" films.

KK herself confirmed RJ is working on more SW.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
So how's everyone feelin' right about now? We are only 3 or 4 days away from the release!
I'm very curious how people will respond to it. The level of dissonance I feel between myself and other Star Wars fans is vast, so I have no idea if their responses will echo my feelings or not.

I'm much more excited for the TV offerings; Mando, Clone Wars, Obi Wan. Hopefully in the weeks/months after TROS Kennedy will start to articulate her plans for future films. Dispensing with the trilogy format is a promising start.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
How am I feeling about TROS?
I'm excited, but (and sorry to bring everyone down) my ex-wife won't let my daughter go with me on Thursday night. My daughter (13) wants to go, but her Mom won't let me take her because my daughter has her twice-weekly practice. Her first game is almost two months away, so she could definitely skip practice.
We, my wife stepdaughter and daughter, all went to see both TFA and TLJ during the Thursday previews, and those doubled as birthday celebrations for me and they're cherished memories.So, overall, I'm kind of bummed about it.
We do have tickets to see it on Saturday.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just finished TFA, so almost done with my rewatch. Even though TFA is pretty much a retread I still enjoy that movie a lot, was so magical to see it in the theatre for the first time. I'm already going to watch TLJ tonight, since I want to have some breathing room before Rise wednesday.

Not much has changed in my opinion of the movies, only that I seem to like Rogue One more each time I watch it. The reverse is true for RotJ, the throne room scenes are by far the best parts.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Just finished TFA, so almost done with my rewatch. Even though TFA is pretty much a retread I still enjoy that movie a lot, was so magical to see it in the theatre for the first time. I'm already going to watch TLJ tonight, since I want to have some breathing room before Rise wednesday.

Not much has changed in my opinion of the movies, only that I seem to like Rogue One more each time I watch it. The reverse is true for RotJ, the throne room scenes are by far the best parts.
I've never liked RotJ much outside of a few great moments, the last act feels like it goes on for too long

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. I don't want it to end, but I can't wait to see how it all resolves.

God, the wait till Thursday night is going to drag.

Also, I'm curious to see what the social media reactions are coming out of the premiere tomorrow night.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Moving away from the trilogy and "central trio" mindset is the best for the future of the franchise.

Not that trilogies CAN'T exist but I also don't see a purpose in making everything a trilogy either other than just tradition.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Me in August: God, October, and the final trailer are so far away.

Me in October: Man, December, and the movie are so far away.

Me now: Thursday is so far away.

Oct 28, 2017
Actually don't think I'm gonna rewatch the movies before Thursday. I've just seen them too many times at this point that it's pretty much not necessary.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
KK is totally looking at the MCU model for the future, especially since she is working with Feige. big story, connected through multiple films and TV shows, with loose sequels throughout.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY wish they has transcribed where KK said this:

While the "Skywalker" saga is ending, the company won't abandon the characters created in the most recent trilogy.

Because within the context of the full quote, it makes it sound like she just confirmed that there will be future films with these characters. Which would really go against their plan to create new stories that have zero connection to the Skywalker saga.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished ESB Despecialized. GOAT.

Also, it all makes sense now.

"That boy is our last hope."

"No, there is another..."

giphy.gif

Ben just THOUGHT he was talking about Leia :O

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mostly excited but a little anxious as well. I hope J.J. and Terrio deliver a satisfying ending.

I don't have a specific ending in my mind but I'm hoping Kylo's story ends satisfactorily. I'm more confident they'll achieve the same for Rey. Really looking forward to Rey, Finn and Poe sharing some screen time.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Me preparing for the ever growing Star Wars threads and the discussion that will only be more unbearable

giphy.gif

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
In less than 72 hours from now, I'll be sitting in the cinema and watch TROS. I'm beyond hyped at this point. I've just finished rewatching all 9 (excluding Solo, including Rogue One) movies. My body is ready.

Side note: Boy did the PT age badly. Esp. Episode 1 and 2.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Idk i think TROS will be way less divisive than TLJ. It seems like JJ is playing it safe with this one.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
TROS discourse is going to be terrible.
I don't think it will. As soon as something in the movie seems to retcon anything from TLJ, ppl will rather lose their minds about TLJ being not canon than speaking about TROS. It's been this way for weeks and it won't stop seemingly.

Just an EXAMPLE: Say Rey is a prodigy of Darth Maul. Ppl would endlessly hate on TLJ and not on TROS.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
KK is totally looking at the MCU model for the future, especially since she is working with Feige. big story, connected through multiple films and TV shows, with loose sequels throughout.

Kennedy is a more accomplished producer than Feige will ever be so I hope she continues to keep her own counsel and not let SW turn into the MCU.

Honestly, I wish Feige was nowhere near SW.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
1/3th of the discourse will be about how TROS did or didn't retcon TLJ. In a series which has one of the most popular retcons of all time.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was debating how long we should be spoiler free following the film's release and went back to the old thread to see what we did for TLJ. I got a kick out of reading everyone counting down exactly two years ago and the initial reactions. It's nice that many of the same names are still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.