• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in total agreement with you on the fact that EA's first battlefront felt far more Star Wars-y in terms of its shooting. It just felt good to blast stuff in that game. Felt like you were shooting lasers and not bullets.
The second one did something to shooting. I don't know if it was weaker cooling or faster laser bolts, it just is missing something BF2015 had.
Then there's the whole class system... i don't have anything against class systems in principle. Indeed, i even like them. But the way BF2 did it... it just doesn't quite work.
And the upgrade system... I tried out the multiplayer, and got instantly killed by someone with maxed out upgrades. Actually, everyone had maxed out upgrades but me. How am i supposed to play in such environment?
And the customization was a mess too, why are there only few weapons for each class that are faction-independent and far better than base weapons? Why have factions with set weapons but then guide everyone to use inappropriate weapons anyhow? And BF2015 had a lot of weapons but they were for most part rather balanced, especially after they sorted out the egregious issues. One could pick a weapon purely based on their style, yet there was no obvious best weapon, nor was any weapon a dud either if your playstyle and equipment worked with that weapon. BF2 had one best weapon from what i could figure, the end.
BF2015 were flaws to be sure, some balance issues, too few maps, only OT content. But man, it was the most fun i've had in any online shooter since classic Halos, hell, some of the most fun i've had with any game.

BF2... what the fuck happened. This was the one time when "more of everything (and teeny tiny bit more balancing)" would have been the correct way of making a sequel, they didn't do that.
Hell, they could've sold cosmetic skins and have their monetization system too, maybe credit/XP earning boosters, and they could've avoided the PR mess BF2s actual monetization caused.

Sorry, i'm just so bitter about that. There are many disappointments in gaming but somehow BF to BF2 feels really bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Placing my bet right now that the Inquisitor chasing him is somebody he knew. A fellow padawan he was friends with or perhaps even his former master.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
JK and JK2 will always be my favorite SW games. I seriously doubt they'll ever be topped. The online component was difficult to master too. Lost hours to both those games.

Losing hope we'll see another game in that style but you never know.

I don't blame you for loving those the most. JK2 was an absolutely phenomenal game. I go back every two years or so and do a play through. I've actually been getting the itch recently. Especially with all this Star Wars hype. I think KOTOR and KOTOR 2 will always be my favorite unless a big fat juicy Star Wars RPG game comes out and dethrones them. I also loved Outcast and Academy though.

Anyone remember Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds? The RTS for PC? Man I had some good times playing that back in the day. Wish we could get a great Star Wars strategy game like that again where you can have whacky scenarios like the Trade Federation versus the Rebel Alliance. But I think with the need for everything to be canon now, it's unlikely we'll get games that play with things like that. Unless I'm mistaken! I gladly will be.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't blame you for loving those the most. JK2 was an absolutely phenomenal game. I go back every two years or so and do a play through. I've actually been getting the itch recently. Especially with all this Star Wars hype. I think KOTOR and KOTOR 2 will always be my favorite unless a big fat juicy Star Wars RPG game comes out and dethrones them. I also loved Outcast and Academy though.

Anyone remember Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds? The RTS for PC? Man I had some good times playing that back in the day. Wish we could get a great Star Wars strategy game like that again where you can have whacky scenarios like the Trade Federation versus the Rebel Alliance. But I think with the need for everything to be canon now, it's unlikely we'll get games that play with things like that. Unless I'm mistaken! I gladly will be.
KOTOR 1/2 are fucking great, they are right up there no doubt. I really hope we get another or a similar game.

Maybe when D&D does their movies we will get it!

Never played the RTS game on PC, heard of it though

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hero fights in Battlefront II are at least hilarious clusterfucks though and appease the kid in me.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
KOTOR 1/2 are fucking great, they are right up there no doubt. I really hope we get another or a similar game.

Maybe when D&D does their movies we will get it!

Never played the RTS game on PC, heard of it though

Ohhhhhhooo baby... Why did you have to go and get me excited about a D&D era RPG?! Sigh. At least we can stay hopeful and dream. Honestly I want Obsidian to have another shot with a Star Wars rpg but be given enough time and budget to actually get it released without being rushed like KOTOR 2.

And if you're ever itching for a RTS I'd definitely recommend it.

Woorloog I agree that it has something to do with the blaster bolt speed. It's waaay to fast in BFII it feels like. I still can enjoy BFII on the whole though but my passion and need for some Star Wars in my life definitely drives me to keep going back. Star Wars is a crazy drug that has its hold on me!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

There are some pretty decent scenes with Anakin and Palp in EP3. I really like a lot of what's here, dialogue is obviously too on the nose in some instances (classic PT George Lucas), but I like the interactions here and how it escalates to two opponents circling, then Palp being the mastermind manipulator he is.. calmly defuses the situation by complimenting Anakin and shifting the focus back onto saving Padme.

The problem is that even in the scenes that are good, GL doesn't know how to direct Anakin to not be a brooding asshole.. just for one scene. I would have liked to see more stuff like this in the PT, Anakin letting his guard down and trusting Palp/befriending him.

I hope we get more of a mixture of Palp in TROS. Maybe he talks to both Rey and Kylo, and is calm/comforting with Kylo as he manipulates him into carrying out whatever plan he has in store. Brute force didn't work with Snoke and ultimately destroyed him. I think Palp is smart enough to understand that the same type of manipulation that worked on Anakin could work on Kylo.

"I know there are things about the Force that they're not telling me" is a fantastic line and one of the best in the PT, and delivered quite well from Hayden.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

There are some pretty decent scenes with Anakin and Palp in EP3. I really like a lot of what's here, dialogue is obviously too on the nose in some instances (classic PT George Lucas), but I like the interactions here and how it escalates to two opponents circling, then Palp being the mastermind manipulator he is.. calmly defuses the situation by complimenting Anakin and shifting the focus back onto saving Padme.

The problem is that even in the scenes that are good, GL doesn't know how to direct Anakin to not be a brooding asshole.. just for one scene. I would have liked to see more stuff like this in the PT, Anakin letting his guard down and trusting Palp/befriending him.

I hope we get more of a mixture of Palp in TROS. Maybe he talks to both Rey and Kylo, and is calm/comforting with Kylo as he manipulates him into carrying out whatever plan he has in store. Brute force didn't work with Snoke and ultimately destroyed him. I think Palp is smart enough to understand that the same type of manipulation that worked on Anakin could work on Kylo.

"I know there are things about the Force that they're not telling me" is a fantastic line and one of the best in the PT, and delivered quite well from Hayden.

Honestly the best scene in the prequels might be the opera house scene from ROTS with Palpatine and Anakin. They actually have some solid moments together that lend credibility towards their relationship and how Palpatine really is sort of a father figure for Anakin. It shows how Obi-Wan could be slightly jealous and untrusting of Palpatine and how Anakin ultimately picks up on that when he protests the Jedi council asking him to spy on Papa Palps. ROTS has its moments.

Another standout is definitely the beautifully eerie moment where we have Anakin and Padme both silently looking out their respective windows thinking about each other as John WIlliams goes ahead and kills it with the score.

Oct 28, 2017

All this stuff is good and so is the stuff with Anakin and the Council, Anakin and Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing about spying on the Chancellor etc. I really enjoyed the writing in these scenes. There was genuine intrigue and character conflict.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

ROTS def has a lot of moments where Lucas' directorial powers are restored to their former strength. The real tragedy is not that the prequels were shit, but that Lucas gave up filmmaking for multiple decades and allowed his skills to atrophy. ROTS is a deeply compromised reminder of what could have been.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any fellow UK Star Wars fans. Heads up, Amazon have both Solo and Last Jedi 4k blu ray's available for £8 today!

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
All this stuff is good and so is the stuff with Anakin and the Council, Anakin and Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing about spying on the Chancellor etc. I really enjoyed the writing in these scenes. There was genuine intrigue and character conflict.

Wasn't ROTS the script that Carrie worked on as script doctor the most? I swear I read that once.

Oct 28, 2017
Title got me thinking about these two lines from Snoke in TFA and TLJ and how 9 aims to pay them off.

"The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance, leading them to the last Jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise."

"Skywalker lives! The seed of the Jedi Order lives! As long as he does... hope lives in the galaxy."

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
That death star debris thread is why we're stuck with Special Editions until the end of time.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friendship cancelled with sequels.
after IX comes out

Mandalorian is my best friend now.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
D4ITns-WkAAKZjt.jpg

Teaser trailer leak:

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Damn! Just catching up on all the Mandalorian stuff (Had to work today). Looks so bloody good! I just hope Disney can get something sorted for us across the pond because the wait will be painful

That Dewback pic!!!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It'll interesting for it to be a weekly show. It will give people enough time to discuss an episode and it also gives the show longevity.

I do find it funny in the OT threads how people are quick to jump and mention how excited they are for this than episode 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.