• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. I feel it undermines his character and the threat your supposed to feel from him.
Who feels any threat from Hux though? The guy has always been a sniveling weasel. He doesn't exude menace like Vader, Palpatine, or Snoke, or explosive rage like Kylo.

And it's not as if TLJ treats him like a joke for 2.5 hours either. I think he gets just the right amount of comeuppance in that movie.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else that preordered Resistance Reborn from Amazon UK, and had their's delayed: Just got an email from Amazon, saying it'll be delivered tomorrow!

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching my blu ray copy of TFA, and dam it looks good. But then I guess the Xbox player does some sort of upscaling to 4k?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A new "I hate TLJ/Rian" video popped up on my feed today and I decided to watch it....

Me afterwards:
PessimisticGorgeousKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
One more thing from TLJ: I forgot how fucking cool it is the way Kylo flicks the lightsaber on and off right through the guard's head. I remember the oh shit response in the crowd and had the exact same feeling last night lol.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Sometimes, I feel like this Return of the Jedi moment has the funniest villain line reading ever:

"He will come to you, and you will bring him to me."

The way McDiarmid says it makes me laugh every time. Like, a good hearty laugh. The Emperor's tired of dealing with simple-minded fools all day, the only way to amuse himself is patronising them.

I can't find a clip or gif of it though, lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sometimes, I feel like this Return of the Jedi moment has the funniest villain line reading ever:

"He will come to you, and you will bring him to me."

The way McDiarmid says it makes me laugh every time. Like, a good hearty laugh. The Emperor's tired of dealing with simple-minded fools all day, the only way to amuse himself is patronising them.

I can't find a clip or gif of it though, lol.
Emperor in ROTJ is what I hope we get in TROS. He's just perfect.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Walmart.com said they had Spark of the Resistance but not Resistance Reborn so I said screw it and went to the store to get that. Turns out it was the complete opposite and I am okay with that!

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
hey collider jedi council is going to be actually good and tolerable again. Harloff is gone.

BYE FOREVER

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Emperor in ROTJ is what I hope we get in TROS. He's just perfect.

Can you remind me how he went from normal looking Palpatine to shrivelled up nasty face Emperor? Did Yoda drain his life force in the 3rd prequel? Was his Palpatine face a mask? Hopefully not the latter, otherwise I don't know why he wouldn't continue to look like that after he wins.

I don't want to rewatch the prequels to find out. >_<

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can you remind me how he went from normal looking Palpatine to shrivelled up nasty face Emperor? Did Yoda drain his life force in the 3rd prequel? Was his Palpatine face a mask? Hopefully not the latter, otherwise I don't know why he wouldn't continue to look like that after he wins.

I don't want to rewatch the prequels to find out. >_<
Honestly, I think the simple version is that GL didn't plan it out.

I'm not quite sure if we're supposed to think he was actually transformed into a scarred dude (buying his explanation in the senate), or if that was his real appearance the whole time. But once we get to ROTJ, he looks completely fucking different and.. not nearly as fucked up.

The continuity makes no sense at all.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Honestly, I think the simple version is that GL didn't plan it out.

I'm not quite sure if we're supposed to think he was actually transformed into a scarred dude (buying his explanation in the senate), or if that was his real appearance the whole time. But once we get to ROTJ, he looks completely fucking different and.. not nearly as fucked up.

The continuity makes no sense at all.

haha, makes sense. Or, I should say, either way it doesn't make sense. Because if he did get unwillingly scarred during the prequels, I don't think we see that incident have any emotional impact on him, he seemingly doesn't care that he looks worse than before.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Solid take: Harloff was only ever good when it came to the Movie Schmoedown

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand what your first reply means lol, but I think you are of a similar opnion??

Let me explain that I think Harloff is a clown. I listened to the show for a bit before and after TLJ but he became so insufferable I had to bail. Thankfully I learned that Napzok had his own podcast, Forcecenter, which I dig very much. Now Napzok is the CJC showrunner and Harloff is gone so I will be returning to the show and listening in again.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
haha, makes sense. Or, I should say, either way it doesn't make sense. Because if he did get unwillingly scarred during the prequels, I don't think we see that incident have any emotional impact on him, he seemingly doesn't care that he looks worse than before.
The thing is, thinking about this a little more.. I don't think there is any canon version you could really have that he let Windu fry him, because he doesn't appear to be in any sort of pain when Anakin does the deed. He doesn't limp, his face can move just fine.

So.. my conclusion is that he allowed Anakin and everyone else to believe that he was scarred when that was his true, evil form, once the "mask" came off. For all we know, he used the Force to just completely change his appearance. Maybe his knowledge was that great.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Harloff became hard to take seriously after it became apparent he was really in it for the free stuff of the job after not getting invited to the Galaxy's Edge preview.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I still don't understand what your first reply means lol, but I think you are of a similar opnion??

Let me explain that I think Harloff is a clown. I listened to the show for a bit before and after TLJ but he became so insufferable I had to bail. Thankfully I learned that Napzok had his own podcast, Forcecenter, which I dig very much. Now Napzok is the CJC showrunner and Harloff is gone so I will be returning to the show and listening in again.
Lol I was calling Harloff a clown and joking about him leaving for the circus. Guy fucking sucks.
Harloff became hard to take seriously after it became apparent he was really in it for the free stuff of the job after not getting invited to the Galaxy's Edge preview.
Shit was embarrassing lol

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah he seemed to be living to amplify the anti-tlj opinions just to create the desired site-traffic, and trying to amplify drama. I couldn't fucken take him seriously and his opinions and endless commentary on KK and armchair quarterbacking Lucasfilm business decisions just grew so tiresome.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In fun fandom news: HelloGreedo is releasing a book:

I think he said November 20th?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching TFA and I forgot that Finn says that it was his first time-fighting at the start of the movie. It's a good line because I had always wondered why he didn't leave the First Order earlier lol

As for the thread in OT, why is that even news? Iger first said that about a year ago.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Just saw this again, finally something good came from the other thread

Goddamn, this is Star Wars
This is podracing

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I remember in 2015 I thought people would finally stop arguing about Star Wars and just be happy to have it back

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harloff is honestly one of the stupidest people to ever talk about film on camera.

I still remember the time he had a meltdown insisting fan art of Plagueis from 2012 was secret real concept art of Snoke.

Dude is a fucking idiot. No need to even get into his deranged Galaxys Edge temper tantrum. I might actually give Jedi Council a chance again now that he is gone.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
R2D2 waking up because BB8 talked to him still reminds extremely weak. Three writers and that the best they could come up with?

I still really like TFA but the first half is so much stronger. Dam you, Starkiller base. They fell into the same trap as ROTJ with the second Death Star which I also hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.