• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Ubisoft could get the Star Wars license and we could get a bounty hunter-ish game that was similar to Assassins Creed Odyssey.
Crash/get shot down on a planet like Tatooine,
Do quests/missions in a small area and eventually get a mount like a Blurrg/Dewback/etc which opens open a larger area.
Eventually get a speeder for the full "planet".
Endgame you get the ship fixed and get linear quests around the planet and it's moons.
Year 2 brings in a new planet.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm looking straight into her soul and it's clear she just wants to talk about how sexy Kylo is.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
NO HINTS IF YOU'VE READ THE LEAKS, PLEASE

One of the things I hope this movie has above all else is surprises.

Aside from being a total Star Wars fanboy, I also love the MCU but one of the things that sometimes bums me out about them is that they don't have enough surprises. Just from watching the trailers you can kinda understand what the first arc will be and how it will end and if there's no big twists or whatever, you get the jist of the whole thing from the trailer.

So I hope that once I'm done with the movie, I'm just blown away by all the crazy shit that I just witnessed. JJ says that they're holding a lot back, which I hope is the case. Palpatine being back is definitely one of those things that would've been amazing to not know going in but now that we do, you can sorta start piecing the arc of this movie in your head before going in.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
From the clips we've seen, the color palette is looking so much more vibrant/dynamic/varied. Lots of green/red instead of just the light blue that dominated almost all of TFA.

Hoping for some riskier visual endeavors in TROS.

Yeah, I hope JJ takes more cues from the first third of TFA. I think the whole introduction to Rey's character is masterful in its simplicity and reliance on visual storytelling. I enjoy the rest of the film but it definitely feels like its on a track and it doesn't have much breathing room for creating a rich tone an atmosphere that TLJ has in spades. In films full of so much plot and "stuff happening" the little moments of characters living and breathing in this world are usually a much appreciated contrast to the drama.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I hope JJ takes more cues from the first third of TFA. I think the whole introduction to Rey's character is masterful in its simplicity and reliance on visual storytelling. I enjoy the rest of the film but it definitely feels like its on a track and it doesn't have much breathing room for creating a rich tone an atmosphere that TLJ has in spades. In films full of so much plot and "stuff happening" the little moments of characters living and breathing in this world are usually a much appreciated contrast to the drama.
100% agreed.

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope TROS isn't too fast-paced like TFA
I really have my doubts. I had more hope when the runtime was originally reported to be 2hrs 35 min but the current runtime makes me think this is gonna be a like TFA. This movie is gonna move, it will probably never be boring but I feel like it has a lot of story to tell in the allotted time and I don't see it slowing down for a second.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I really have my doubts. I had more hope when the runtime was originally reported to be 2hrs 35 min but the current runtime makes me think this is gonna be a like TFA. This movie is gonna move, it will probably never be boring but I feel like it has a lot of story to tell in the allotted time and I don't see it slowing down for a second.

Me in the theater watching TROS:

tumblr_p64b2uJAyZ1rp382io5_500.gifv

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I only have TFA and TLJ left in my rewatch, and I'm jazzed because it'll be the first time I've watched either on a 4K HDR screen.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished TFA, what a movie! I'll probably watch TLJ tomorrow and then re-watch TFA on the 17th, then TLJ on the 18th and then finally TROS on the 19th.

[edit]

Snap Wexley and Han not acknowledging each other is funny now that I'm ready Aftermath. Guys, you did a shit ton of stuff together! Not even a 'sup'?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Steve Yedlin (DP on Rian Johnson's movies) has done some videos where he talks about how you don't need to actually shoot on the film anymore to have a movie look like film. There's this whole video where it's footage on film and on digital size by side with the digital one edited to look like film and they look identical.

Anyway, I say that because I was listening to this interview with RJ reveals that TLJ was shot half on film and half on digital. Not only that but the entirety of Knives Out (aside from one single shot) was all done on film. His process to convert digital footage to mimic the way film looks is so perfect that I've never once seen anyone bring up the fact that TLJ didn't look like it was shot on film. And, I mean, this is a movie where every pixel is bitched at.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Steve Yedlin (DP on Rian Johnson's movies) has done some videos where he talks about how you don't need to actually shoot on the film anymore to have a movie look like film. There's this whole video where it's footage on film and on digital size by side with the digital one edited to look like film and they look identical.

Anyway, I say that because I was listening to this interview with RJ reveals that TLJ was shot half on film and half on digital. Not only that but the entirety of Knives Out (aside from one single shot) was all done on film. His process to convert digital footage to mimic the way film looks is so perfect that I've never once seen anyone bring up the fact that TLJ didn't look like it was shot on film. And, I mean, this is a movie where every pixel is bitched at.
Wow. Half of TLJ was digital?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Rendering Rose took a large amount of CPU power
giphy.gif

So the big theme seems to be, EVERYONE IS TOGETHER THIS TIME lol
And I couldn't be happier
Apparently they started off shooting on film but they shot more and more on film as they went along, by the end it was about 50/50.

Here's Yedlin talking about making digital look like film:

Wow, is this a common method? Never heard of it

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
While it'll be awesome to see Finn and Rey together again, I'm most excited about Rey and Poe since we've not gotten much of that pairing.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yoooo just got to the Savage Oppress origin arc in Clone Wars

This shit is bonkers in the best way, when he was first deployed and started wrecking shit 😯

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a look at r/starwars for the first time in a while. Saw someone got upvoted for sincerely arguing that AOTC is better than TLJ. I immediately closed that tab.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Had a look at r/starwars for the first time in a while. Saw someone got upvoted for sincerely arguing that AOTC is better than TLJ. I immediately closed that tab.
Right now r/StarWarsleaks is much better than r/StarWars, If you don't mind leaks. People in there love SW, it's like a Reddit version of this thread.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hearing all the same complaints about the new movies over and over again is really tiresome

I just look at the critical and commercial success of these films and shrug it off.

These detractors are genuinely pathetic people who sincerely believe they 'understand' SW better than people like Kasdan, Kennedy, Rian and Abrams. They also - in their itty-bitty heart of hearts - believe they have some manner of ownership of this franchise. As if their protracted fandom should give them both authority and clout in regards to the production of these films. So many of these people - most of them non-creative types - believe that they could make a better SW film because of the epic, sweeping narratives they erected when they were playing with their action figures but in reality, the stories they would craft would probably be prequel-level tripe.

Proof of this are the plethora of fan films on Youtube, most of them artless slogs even if the production values are fantastic.

And frankly, TLJ isn't for dumb people or people who consider the MCU to be the apex of filmmaking. TLJ is a character-driven film and it requires the viewer to check their preconceptions at the door and accept that a character like Luke can be a much more complicated person than a typical, one-dimensional heroic archetype.

Hell, TFA gives Han more depth than the entirety of the OT trilogy in my opinion.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he was overplayed in the cartoon (way too powerful) and underplayed in the film. (Goofy and non-threatening)

Honestly, one of the biggest flaws of the prequels was the juggling of villains. Imagine getting a hint of General Grievous in TPM and then in AOTC you see him lead the droids out maneuvering the clones into an attack and taking out some Jedi, then it leads up to his face off against Obi-Wan in ROTS.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, one of the biggest flaws of the prequels was the juggling of villains. Imagine getting a hint of General Grievous in TPM and then in AOTC you see him lead the droids out maneuvering the clones into an attack and taking out some Jedi, then it leads up to his face off against Obi-Wan in ROTS.

That would have been a much better way to handle the character.

Also that cough was annoying.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The attempt to lionize Lucas and the prequels in the wake of the sequel trilogy was both predictable and so very lame.

George was Public Enemy Number One for nearly two decades but now we've got people claiming we need his deft touch in the sequel trilogy.

Perhaps a bit more dialogue on the nature of sand would please these sequel detractors.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Fallen Order.
Love how overpowering and menacing they made Darth Vader at the end. I hope they get to do a sequel, I am annoyed they introduced a love interest/ally that was a nightsister and then ended the game.
Started my rewatch of ROTJ.
Next week is TFA and then TLJ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.