• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I was looking at this amusing ("yeh!") recap of all things Palpy, and it reminded me of that that awful cameo of Tarkin at the end of ROTS, a movie I've only seen once and never will again. Terrible make-up job, they shouldn't have bothered with the cameo.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I was looking at this amusing ("yeh!") recap of all things Palpy, and it reminded me of that that awful cameo of Tarkin at the end of ROTS, a movie I've only seen once and never will again. Terrible make-up job, they shouldn't have bothered with the cameo.

Devil's advocate, but with the Tarkin bit at the end of RotS, it's a far away shot where you see him for only a little bit. It's not that bad.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Devil's advocate, but with the Tarkin bit at the end of RotS, it's a far away shot where you see him for only a little bit. It's not that bad.

I'm ill and in bed with the phone right up next to my face. It's so bad!

I just remembered the new SW is 19 days away. This will be the first time I see a movie at the cinema since Spidey Far From Home.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I'm ill and in bed with the phone right up next to my face. It's so bad!

I just remembered the new SW is 19 days away. This will be the first time I see a movie at the cinema since Spidey Far From Home.
I take it back, you're right, this is ... well it's not CGI at least. Rogue One did a good job IMO.

XdQ2zNyU7ThjFKRzsnRcb0yIpmDkNZi82TmEwb6CqFQ.png

Oct 28, 2017
I have Revenge of the Sith on as I'm cleaning the apartment. Padme and Anakin are in their taboo love affair and she says she's pregnant. Anakin grew up in a mud hut on a backwater planet but I know Naboo would have had sex education in their public schools. 15 years later and I find new examples of how dumb these characters are.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Tarkin doesn't look perfect but for 2016? That was pretty much the best cgi human that had that many lines, I don't think you could've done better. It was a necessary technical step.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I have Revenge of the Sith on as I'm cleaning the apartment. Padme and Anakin are in their taboo love affair and she says she's pregnant. Anakin grew up in a mud hut on a backwater planet but I know Naboo would have had sex education in their public schools. 15 years later and I find new examples of how dumb these characters are.

Hey man, think about how Annie was conceived. If anyone has a right to be confused about this shit it's him

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You mean how was Anakin naive enough to believe he was the father?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've not seen any of the new ads but it feels like 99% of the move has been shown in them. GODDAMN TV

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I agree that Star Wars season feels like it started with Mando, continues with Fallen Order and hopefully will close out on a high note with TROS.

Like, even if one likes Christmas more than the other holidays, it's still the Holiday Season.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that Star Wars season feels like it started with Mando, continues with Fallen Order and hopefully will close out on a high note with TROS.

Like, even if one likes Christmas more than the other holidays, it's still the Holiday Season.
Yeah definitely, although it will continue past TROS with more Mando.

We should get some nice Battlefront II DLC soon too.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I think Rian Johnson may be far better at doing scripts for standalone movies than middle chapters within trilogies with almost 40 years of baggage

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So do they ever show Ahsoka actually getting her 2nd lightsaber? Is that gonna be a 7th season thing or just never mentioned?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if that's in her book, I know there's some Lightsaber stuff in there.
It's just strange that for all the filler episodes with the droids or senators they didnt even have a throwaway line about one of the main characters getting a 2nd saber

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do they ever show Ahsoka actually getting her 2nd lightsaber? Is that gonna be a 7th season thing or just never mentioned?

Ahsoka got her second lightsaber as part of a larger visual redesign and CG animation upgrade for all the main characters and the show in general in the third season. At the time there were a lot of Clone Wars tie-in comics and novels and such and I guess they just figured they'd leave it to those other media to fill in the gaps.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, I totally forgot she got the second one during Clone Wars. I was thinking it was a Rebels thing but that was for the white sabers.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, I totally forgot she got the second one during Clone Wars. I was thinking it was a Rebels thing but that was for the white sabers.

Yeah, we do know where she got the white lightsabers from, it was from two kyber crystals from an Inquisitor's lightsaber after she killed him and purified his red crystals, turning them white. Her original green lightsabers were lost on Coruscant when she fled the Jedi, then Anakin will give her two blue ones in season 7 which she buries on Mandalore when she fakes her death.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Lightsabers, you know what really confuses me? Anakin's lightsaber in the PT.

In New Hope George Lucas establishes Anakin's Lightsaber as special, something that was passed down from his father to Luke. Then in the PT, Anakin has multiple Lightsaber that he losses or are destroyed and then he never is shown getting his main Lightsaber. Like, that's not a special Lightsaber at all, it's probably his 50th one he got that year.

Which is doubly weird because George made getting a Lightsaber be this super special thing in the Clone Wars, I wonder if he regretted not making Anakin's Lightsaber special in the PT.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Lightsabers, you know what really confuses me? Anakin's lightsaber in the PT.

In New Hope George Lucas establishes Anakin's Lightsaber as special, something that was passed down from his father to Luke. Then in the PT, Anakin has multiple Lightsaber that he losses or are destroyed and then he never is shown getting his main Lightsaber. Like, that's not a special Lightsaber at all, it's probably his 50th one he got that year.

Which is doubly weird because George made getting a Lightsaber be this super special thing in the Clone Wars, I wonder if he regretted not making Anakin's Lightsaber special in the PT.
How did I forget he lost his lightsaber in AOTC

A quick scene like this would have been nice.

01-ANAKIN-CONSTRUCTS-HIS-SABER.jpg

Or this too.

hqdefault.jpg

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Fallen Order. That final fight was really tough but rewarding once I finally beat it. I don't know how I could have gone without the seven stims I got after going with three for most of the game. Really great Star Wars game.

Ending spoilers:

I loved that the knighting came straight from the 2005 Clone Wars cartoon.

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking Johnson stays for sure if Knives Out becomes a major hit (and it is already doing very well).

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Can I just say how excited I am to see some of the action scenes in The Rise of Skywalker? JJ has such a talent for breathless, whirlwind action. I was rewatching TFA and that movie just sings.

MASTERPIECE. When any action scene kicks off it is just pedal-to-the-metal, fucking going for it, and I love it so much. I can't wait to see the big desert chase in TROS. Fu-Rey Road :P

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can I just say how excited I am to see some of the action scenes in The Rise of Skywalker? JJ has such a talent for breathless, whirlwind action. I was rewatching TFA and that movie just sings.

MASTERPIECE. When any action scene kicks off it is just pedal-to-the-metal, fucking going for it, and I love it so much. I can't wait to see the big desert chase in TROS. Fu-Rey Road :P

Yup. Almost everything about TFA is pitch perfect through about the Rathtar sequence (which I still enjoy anyway). Rey's introduction is classic SW, so is the falcon chase with Rey/Finn. I hope JJ can pull something out of his hat one more time, maybe make a more even overall film that doesn't let up.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I love the Rathtar bit. I still think Finn trying to explain what happened with the door and Rey cutting him off with a simple "That was lucky" is the best joke in the movie :P

Status
Not open for further replies.