• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm so tired of clearly misinformed "rumor" videos on YouTube about TRoS and the general hate the movie is getting, EVEN THOUGH IT ISNT EVEN OUT YET.

Like I understand criticizing the movie after it's been released and watched, but give the freaking movie a shot. Okay so you didn't like TLJ, so what? Maybe you'll like The Rise of Skywalker.

Like shit, at least give it a chance and go in with an open mind.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so tired of clearly misinformed "rumor" videos on YouTube about TRoS and the general hate the movie is getting, EVEN THOUGH IT ISNT EVEN OUT YET.

Like I understand criticizing the movie after it's been released and watched, but give the freaking movie a shot. Okay so you didn't like TLJ, so what? Maybe you'll like The Rise of Skywalker.

Just don't bother with them. They've made their made up. Just ignore all SW shit on social media and in the OT here. Makes it much more enjoyable.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
At a 30th anniversary screening of The Empire Strikes Back in 2010, Ford said the last he'd seen the movie was at its premiere in 1980 lol
If you're an actor, why would you ever sit down and watch 2 hours of yourself again? There's tons of actors that don't even watch their movies in the premier.

I've probably seen this convo played out a thousand times over in interviews:

"I don't watch my own moves."

"Why?"

"I don't like seeing myself on screen."

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching Star Wars Explain, apparently next episode of Resistance will have Kaz being cursed. That episode is gonna turn Kaz into fucking Jar Jar.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resistance is such a dud. It so clearly exists as a stopgap "kids will watch anything" show to fill the time between Rebels and the next animated show.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

A lot of actors don't like watching themselves act, it probably feels weird and you just want to shout at yourself for doing something stupid that you'd totally do differently nowadays.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Lol can't believe these new vehicles, guess Disney needed some toys."

The Child Merchandise has arrived (9 page thread)

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Luceno is such a hit-or-miss author for me.

I hated Tarkin, and I also hated the Plagueis novel. His Agents of Chaos duology during The New Jedi Order was completely forgettable, Cloak of Deception was a snore fest, and Millennium Falcon might actually be one of his all-time worsts.

But he wrote The Unifying Force, which I consider to be one of the finest, top-tier Star Wars books of all time. He also wrote Labyrinth of Evil, one of my favorite Clone Wars stories ever.

I think the Aftermath trilogy is a fine next stop - the books are really enjoyable. I'd also consider Bloodline and Resistance Reborn as the only other novels that you'd maybe need to read ahead of TROS. I'd actually suggest Resistance Reborn next, but it includes characters and plot points from the Aftermath trilogy and Bloodline so I wouldn't spoil yourself.
I appreciate the response, Aftermath it is!

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Here's a better idea:

Why don't these whiny fucks skip the film altogether? If they hate SW so much, move the fuck on.

For example, you won't see me in line for Avatar 2.

Why do these 'fans' keep coming back to something they vociferously loathe?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

The spoiler thread is so bad, it's barely even about the spoilers, just negativity about the trilogy

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a better idea:

Why don't these whiny fucks skip the film altogether? If they hate SW so much, move the fuck on.

Well they will have to see it once, just to see how bad it is. And then see it again just to make sure it was as bad as they thought. And then buy it digitally just to confirm how they felt in theaters. And then on Blu-Ray just because they want to have all the saga films in their collection. That'll show Disney how much they screwed up.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Reminder that someone on ERA admitted to buying TLJ and then vowed to never open it or watch the movie again

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Well they will have to see it once, just to see how bad it is. And then see it again just to make sure it was as bad as they thought. And then buy it digitally just to confirm how they felt in theaters. And then on Blu-Ray just because they want to have all the saga films in their collection. That'll show Disney how much they screwed up.
Although to be fair this was perhaps the majority of the fandom during the prequels

Oct 28, 2017
Although to be fair this was perhaps the majority of the fandom during the prequels
To be fair, I didn't hate TPM because I thought it had an SJW agenda or willfully misunderstood the message of the movie because I was too busy hating on it to pay attention.

That was just a bad movie. Despite hating TPM, I was still super excited for AOTC and went to a midnight show with all my buddies ... but I think I walked out of the theater hating that even more!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Reminder that someone on ERA admitted to buying TLJ and then vowed to never open it or watch the movie again
tenor.gif

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Here's a better idea:

I'm just tired of fans in general just setting up their own self fulfilling prophecies about the movie. TLJ haters saying that the movie will be awful and no way it'll be good. I've seen TLJ fans swear up and down the movie will never be "as good" as TLJ.

And here I am just like...Hey, can we like, let the movie come out and then you can go in on why it's the worse SW movie.

Like come on people. AOTC was bad but then RotS came and was clearly the best movie of the PT. Give TRoS a freaking shot. Go in with an open mind. I just want people to go in without biases into the movie, whether you're a fan of TLJ or not. Give this movie a chance like the others were given a fair shake.

The spoiler thread is so bad, it's barely even about the spoilers, just negativity about the trilogy

First off the spoilers/leaks get key things wrong so I don't even trust it. But even if it is real, it's honestly a good plot. It's all in the execution and based off the TV spots, JJ is doing another masterful job.

Status
Not open for further replies.