• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think I saw a pie chart somewhere with the home video breakdown with what sells more and DVDs still sell the most. More than blu rays and uhds combined.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
All together of the new art:
EBdGLG5WwAYDw8i.jpg
EBdGLG3X4AEi81l.jpg

EBdGLG5X4AAZmgb.jpg
EBdGLHQXUAQdqYl.jpg

EBdGfxKXoAAHLAC.jpg
EBdGfxyXkAEF9Oz.jpg

oiEuiNB.jpg
EBdGfxhWkAArcBF.jpg

EBdLY1bWwAAK-vQ.jpg
EBdGfwwXkAAAHT2.jpg
Oh man I like these a lot. I mean they're not fantastic but it's cool seeing them all in the same style.

edit: Ok, using a Force Unleashed Vader for ROTJ is ridiculous.

No 4K no buy though, but I do wonder what versions of the OT these will be, and if they'll be downscales of new masters

Last edited:

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Great Star Wars movies(so only the OT)
ESB
ANH
ROTJ

Good Star Wars movies
TFA
TLJ
RO

Average Star Wars movies
Solo
ROTS

Below Average to Bad Star Wars movies
TPM
AOTC

I have a little strange ranking system.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My current not set in stone rankings because it's difficult to rank the new ones

TESB

ANH
TFA
Solo
R1
ROTJ
TLJ

ROTS
TPM
AOTC

Yes, I really like Solo and there's a big gap between TLJ and ROTS

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait

I just realized it's gunna end

Fuck
There are so many tantalizing things about it being the end outside of the obvious of Palpatine's return too. I can't wait.

Anthony Daniels said its the largest role Threepio has had since A New Hope for example. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN. WHY IS THREEPIO IN IT SO MUCH.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There are so many tantalizing things about it being the end outside of the obvious of Palpatine's return too. I can't wait.

Anthony Daniels said its the largest role Threepio has had since A New Hope for example. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN. WHY IS THREEPIO IN IT SO MUCH.
This is good news. I hope it means his buddy R2 will be in it more too.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tumblr_pvvvxpg5ex1tbt6n0o1_1280.jpg

I am really excited for this. It is a chronicling of the history of the Jedi order, narrated through Luke. There was a lot of old content about the Jedi and lightsaber lore that was in a murky status canon-wise, so it will be interesting to see what all this will address while also giving some more background into Luke's latter role and his Jedi Temple that we know so little about.

tumblr_pvvvxpg5ex1tbt6n0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pvvvxpg5ex1tbt6n0o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pvvvxpg5ex1tbt6n0o5_1280.jpg
This reminds me of The Jedi Path book. Looks good.

All together of the new art:
EBdGLG5WwAYDw8i.jpg
EBdGLG3X4AEi81l.jpg

EBdGLG5X4AAZmgb.jpg
EBdGLHQXUAQdqYl.jpg

EBdGfxKXoAAHLAC.jpg
EBdGfxyXkAEF9Oz.jpg

oiEuiNB.jpg
EBdGfxhWkAArcBF.jpg

EBdLY1bWwAAK-vQ.jpg
EBdGfwwXkAAAHT2.jpg
Not a big fan to be honest. My favourites are TLJ, Rogue One and Solo because they closely resemble some posters that I liked already.

There's some confusing choices for the others. Like Boba taking more of the spotlight than Yoda on the Empire cover. A zoomed in shot of Kylo's helmet but his saber being out of proportion on TFA's cover.

Last edited:

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019

I swear to god JJ if there's no porgs in IX I'll never forgive your ass

I love that tattoo so much. Thinking about getting something SW related soon!

The new BR/DVD covers look awesome, I think I'm going to pass as I plan on getting D+. That being said, if they do cool BTS stuff I may have to get them.

Also, since we're ranking:

God tier
-ESB
-TLJ
- Rebels

Very good tier
- ANH
- Clone Wars (TV)
- TFA
- Rogue One (Shoutout to my boy, Gary)

Good tier
- ROTJ
- Solo

Decent tier
- ROTS

Meme tier
- AOTC
- TPM

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if I've ever posted here but I came to this thread to see if I was the only one who felt like they were going crazy reading the toy sales thread
Hasbro just made a mistake and bet on the wrong characters and the wrong films at the wrong time.

Star Wars toy sales slowing down in a dry spell after the underperforming Solo was always going to happen. It'll pick up with Rise of the Skywalker ready to churn out dozens of new toys, if the concept art I've seen is to be believed.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
My hope is that RoS is amazingly great but fails so hard in box office that Disney cancels every spin off or sequel plan.

So that this franchise can END.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
I appreciate you ranking Rebels that high.

Seriously, the first season is a bit rough in places but the later 3 are all incredible.

The Ahsoka/Vader meeting alone is one of the best moments in SW.

My hope is that RoS is amazingly great but fails so hard in box office that Disney cancels every spin off or sequel plan.

So that this franchise can END.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Sadder still that Mark Hamill actually broke down filming it.
I'm grateful for The Last Jedi giving Mark his best performance (and the best one in any Star Wars movie). That performance resonates so strongly to me - the shock, the depression, the isolation, the hope, the redemption. You can tell it was challenging for him to get to that place, knowing how he feels about the character. He absolutely sold it and poured all of himself in. But I do admit, it does hurt a little.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Literally every TLJ hater:
-TLJ sucked and took away all the hype for EP9, no one's gonna see it.
—So you're not gonna watch it?
-I'm gonna watch it but i'm not hyped for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.