• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p5frsquA9r1ul06x7o10_540.gif

When you hear Rey clone theories

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of these people before. And that trailer didn't do anything to tell me what they're actually going to be doing.

Could one of you lovely people fill me in. Please.
I assume they're going to watch the movies and have in depth discussions about each one leading up to TROS.

Their GoT series is really good, they both have a lot of good chemistry.

The guy also has an NBA show that I like a lot.

Oct 28, 2017
JJ appears very confident/excited for what he has in store for people.

My only fear is that this movie will have the same breakneck pace as TFA and won't take time to slow down/breathe when it needs to.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I love everything I'm hearing about TROS expect for Sheev. That one is a big ass question mark for me.

When I first saw the teaser, I was not particularly happy about him returning, and while I don't feel as negative about it anymore, I still am not sold. It feels like he could take Kylo's limelight.

Oct 28, 2017
I love everything I'm hearing about TROS expect for Sheev. That one is a big ass question mark for me.

When I first saw the teaser, I was not particularly happy about him returning, and while I don't feel as negative about it anymore, I still am not sold. It feels like he could take Kylo's limelight.
I think Kylo has taken Finn's limelight more than anything. I fully expect Kylo to join with Rey about midway through to defeat Palps.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So weird having all the promotional stuff so late this year. I went to Toronto Fan Expo this weekend and this is the first one I can think of since 2015 that had nothing for the new movie.

Jun 12, 2019
I think Kylo has taken Finn's limelight more than anything. I fully expect Kylo to join with Rey about midway through to defeat Palps.

BS. I don't know why it's such a taboo that Poe took Finn's limelight as they belong in the exact the same plotline (Resistance). Kylo is in the Force plotline, and therefore has nothing to do with Finn.He isn't even advertised with Finn where Poe's nathan Drake look is cllearly stealing spotlight from Finn's blue pants. Read comments everyhere.

If JJ didn't spare Poe who was supposed to die early in TFA, Finn would have likely been the Resistance leader after a time jump in TLJ and/or TROS. But that role went to Poe since he's already done stuff for them and didn't need off screen development to make the transition into leadership believable (which Finn's going from escaped Stormie would require).

But speaking of Poe, the reveal that he and Zorii knew each other landed with an absolute thud. Not surprise. Killed Rey's momtheiry (there's coincidence and there's stupidity and Rey's mom who knew Poe and maybe had a thing with him would be sheer stupidity). Killed Mara Jade theory (yeah, she ain't going from Poe to Luke or vice versa). Killed Storm Pilot ship (romantic implication of Poerii is possible). Killed Damerrey paper boat (not that this romance was ever possible but 3 people believed so...).

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for the new footage thread, I love reading people yelling about how much they no longer care !

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
The fight among the ruins of the Death Star is going to be a thing of absolute beauty going by that shot.

The fleet of Galactic Empire-era Star Destroyers also proves a lot of leaks correct.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
getting strong dark side cave vibes from empire

this pic is the tunnel vader walks out of in the dark side cave on dagobah in empire
darksidecaverzk5v.jpg

and now rey
reysidecave16nktv.jpg

not suggesting same location. but getting a similar vibe of force vision wierdness

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not sure this is going to be a cave vision moment for Rey. They already used that in TLJ. I'm betting on clone. I think that is what her vision in TLJ is foreshadowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.