• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
While it will be nice to see B-wings actually fight in the movies for once, the Resistance must be in a dire position to be dusting off Y-wings. Those things must be ancient by now.

Also, bringing back all the Galactic Civil War hits, but no U-wings?

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
That social look is chill inducing.

Also, I hope to god that music in that trailer is from TROS.

Will I get my large Space Battle and My long-ass Lightsaber fight.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ooohhh. That's a good idea.
just running with it a little more. Kylo goes into a place that is strong with the dark side of the force, just like Luke on Dagobah, where Luke encounters a vision of Vader and is frightened to find it be a vision of himself behind the mask, now Ben has a similar experience and is frightened to find this vision of a dark side Rey

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
just running with it a little more. Kylo goes into a place that is strong with the dark side of the force, just like Luke on Dagobah, where Luke encounters a vision of Vader and is frightened to find it be a vision of himself behind the mask, now Ben has a similar experience and is frightened to find this vision of a dark side Rey

"It's like poetry, sort of. They rhyme."

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man all I really wanted for IX was a huge space battle but now I'm wondering if it's gonna be too big lmao. saw that shot with all those star destroyers and I was just like

sub-buzz-9177-1559232160-7.jpg

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Man i love Kylo's walking style in that scene, it's so cool. The way he ignites his lightsaber and the way he attacks.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm going to do a write up on time travel in Star Wars later this afternoon

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure this is going to be a cave vision moment for Rey. They already used that in TLJ. I'm betting on clone. I think that is what her vision in TLJ is foreshadowing.

368484.jpg

Aren't trailer/teaser shots typically from the first third of a movie, with maybe a shot or two only from the last 2/3s?

Yep, though this kinda feels like more from the end than usual. Still though, this is the stuff they're fine with us seeing right now, months from release. Imagine the stuff they're holding back!

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
How many different planets we got in this footage ?
Ocean death star remains planet
Jungle Rey training ground planet
Desert " our heroes overlooking the burning man festival " planet
Thats all so far correct ?

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
How much of the thread in OT is full of vague 'spoiler' hints? Want to pop my head in but too nervous about getting spoiled.

Also, I really appreciate the ability for these teasers to show a lot without any dialogue. Really helps fuel speculation.

No chance that
Dark Rey
is here to stay, they wouldn't show that in a teaser months out.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How much of the thread in OT is full of vague 'spoiler' hints? Want to pop my head in but too nervous about getting spoiled.

Also, I really appreciate the ability for these teasers to show a lot without any dialogue. Really helps fuel speculation.

No chance that
Dark Rey

a lot of it

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow, that was much more of a proper trailer than I was expecting.
I was about to say the same.

Love the shot of Kylo and Rey duelling. My favourite part of the teaser by some distance.

At a glance the planet that gets hit by what looks like a Starkiller Base blast could be the same one Kylo's landed his TIE Silencer on.

I wonder what that festival (?) on Pasaana is all about.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

No chance that
Dark Rey
Yeah whenever people start posting 'theories' in the same thread as posters openly saying that so-and-so shot lines up with spoiler leaks, it's time to nope out.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Man the movie has so many fuckin scenes and plus new characters. It's gotta be a 3 hours movie unless they cut some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
3PO is about to be a dumbass again and wander off. Then he gets captured and he gets uploaded violent/threatening code and that's why he looks like that.

Oct 25, 2017
And yea we still haven't gotten a real official story trailer yet. just two teasers. October will be good to use. Triple Force Friday is coming with a vengeance.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a ton of unused Leia footage from TFA because of the "Resistance superweapon" cut subplot and the fact that they reshot several of her scenes on D'Qar. They have a lot of material to work with.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If that Rey/Kylo duel above the waves is supposed to be the final battle of the movie, I'll be disappointed that it means Rey is only ever going to wield the blue lightsaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.