• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Right now we know of 3 different Star Wars projects:

1: D&D's "series", now trilogy that will explore a place previously unexplored. No one really knows what this means.

2: Rian's trilogy which will be 100% new, have zero connections to the Skywalker saga.

3: It was leaked that Laeta Kalogridis is working on something related to the Old Republic.

For the last project, even though it's not confirmed, I'd bet my life on it not being an adaptation of the games. Lucasfilm doesn't want to do adaptations of anything Legends. I think, if this project does go forward, the only similarity will be that they both take place in an even longer time ago.

I completely forgot about the Laeta Kalogridis project, oops

I think it was here where we were talking about Wayward Jedi a little while ago

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EDtoWG0WkAEAB9q
FE014B86-D2E2-4FE6-97D7-023CBD47560E.jpeg

Maybe it's just the lighting, but the Mandalorian armor looks a LOT more silver and less red in recent photos than what I've seen before. The shoulder guard is different too.
boba-ed-1538753152.jpg

Maybe he gets it cleaned up.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
There's probably no chance Mandalorian S2 would drop in 2020 right? Has the next season even started filming yet?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
FE014B86-D2E2-4FE6-97D7-023CBD47560E.jpeg

Maybe it's just the lighting, but the Mandalorian armor looks a LOT more silver and less red in recent photos than what I've seen before. The shoulder guard is different too.
boba-ed-1538753152.jpg

Maybe he gets it cleaned up.
Favreau said he changes his armor throughout the series.

The second picture is before he upgrades his armor.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how we're coming up on the end of the Marvel pre-ESB era and we never got to see the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell.

Oct 28, 2017
I think I've decided that I like The Force Awakens more than The Last Jedi. I go back and forth constantly but I think Awakens is more consistent

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I think I've decided that I like The Force Awakens more than The Last Jedi. I go back and forth constantly but I think Awakens is more consistent

I watched Last Jedi again the other day and had the opposite reaction. I think I just like whichever I have seen more recently more. They are both so damn good.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
This might be controversial but uuhh...

I think the Rahtar section is worse than the Canto Bight section.

Both are the the weakest part of each ST movie tho.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
While not the best scene I think it's badness is overstated. A least we get to see Han up to his old tricks .. and there's some great reaction shots between him and Chewie. And there's a bit of world building with the other smuggler factions.
Yeah it aint bad, It just stands out more because the rest of the movie is so good.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Kylo pulling the lightsaber from the snow only for it to fly past him and the camera reveal that it was Rey pulling it is one of my favorite moviegoing moments.

Kylo killing Snoke and then silently teaming up with Rey to take on the praetorian guards was a really good one too though.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I saw TFA 13 times in theaters, whereas I only saw TLJ 4 times. I still like TLJ much more and it contextualized a lot of the faults of TFA for me. TFA was definitely a more rewatchable film, but I think partly because it was more shallow and unknowable.

It was hard to get a full grasp on the characters and the story because there was so little there that was explicitly defined and the pacing was so breathless. Granted I don't think that is a problem, and it speaks to some of the movie magic behind concepts like the mystery box. I could return time and again because it was always just beyond reach. It was like eating a tasty meal but never getting full.

With TLJ I feel like I simply got it the second time around. The first time was dealing with my "subverted expectations" (I did not see anything coming) and grappling with that, and the second time solidified the themes and characters. Everything was clear and important things felt defined. I was satisfied, which is partly why it was a little hard to feel hyped for TROS coming out. I felt like I finished my metaphorical meal.

JJ has always emulated Spielberg, and I think that's true for TFA. I feel like the pacing and spirit of the film is closer to Indiana Jones than the Originals Trilogy. Take the Rathtar sequence, it feels more like a recreation of the boulder scene, or any other run and bumble scene, than the trash compactor. Finn's bumbling and the humor and gags feel more like Indy than Han. Similarly, the First Order and the villains are tonally more like the Nazis than the Empire. Ditto with JJ's macguffins, the characters are racing to find a thing (Luke, the lightsaber, surely something similar in TROS).

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This really shocked me too, TFA is just more consistent as a film from start to finish, and the mains interact more. It's just more fun, and the script is much, much tighter (near perfect really).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
what's kinda cool about going to alamo drafthouse is that they play pre show stuff related to whatever feature you see. so yeah, would be dope if they added a bunch of culminating shots/scenes from the 8 films leading up to episode 9 in the theater. would be dope.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get my book legs back under me in prep for the onslaught of Journey to 9 stuff about to slam into our wallets ... so I've started Phasma, and so far so good.
Been having a hard time with the books this year
I listened to Dooku earlier this year, and it was ...... bizarre? Not great? VERY WEIRD? The audiodrama format was not fun. Needs a lot of improvement for the next time they utilize it.
I read that Myths and Fables book a few weeks ago and it was... whatever, super filler. The first chapter about sandpeople was awful. It makes me nervous for the plot of the Obi-Wan show, bc ya know sandpeople are potentially all over that ... and fucking I'm not interested in sandpeople at all.
There were maybe 2 or 3 ok stories out of the 9. This was on par with that Legends of Luke book, which was the same, with about 25% of the book being any good.
I'm halfway through Master and Apprentice and yeah, I hate to say it but it's not grabbing me.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019

That was insanely good.

Also happy that they're using the D23 thing as a trailer, the less new footage from the movie the better. People will go see this movie to see the end as long as they play teasers everywhere, it doesn't matter which one. Of course we'll get a final trailer, but little bits of new footage are all that's needed. And hopefully The Mandalorian becomes a "cooler talk" type show like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, because people will just want more Star Wars in their lives.

Combine those with Triple Force Friday and I think we will be seeing/hearing about Star Wars pretty consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.