• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenGear

Oct 27, 2017
But I thought it was stated that Snoke was not affiliated with the Sith (also says so in the visual dictionary). I guess they can retcon that if they want.
Does it really matter? The Sith order has always felt like an afterthought in Star wars, it was never brought up in the OT and the PT never did anything interesting with it.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does it really matter? The Sith order has always felt like an afterthought in Star wars, it was never brought up in the OT and the PT never did anything interesting with it.

But the Yoda quote posted by Surfinn was specifically about the Sith. I'm just saying that with what we know right now Snoke can't be Palpatine's new apprentice.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Seeing the Bendemption discussion has made me think if this tweet I saw yesterday:

Ben was always getting redeemed. We've been told this since TFA, and all of the recent EU material is pointing to it as well.

They're not going to end the Skywalker Saga by saying, "and the last Skywalker died as an evil punk bitch."

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the Bendemption discussion has made me think if this tweet I saw yesterday:

Ben was always getting redeemed. We've been told this since TFA, and all of the recent EU material is pointing to it as well.

They're not going to end the Skywalker Saga by saying, "and the last Skywalker died as an evil punk bitch."

yeah him stuggling with the light is a defining characteristic.

And I am sure Adam Driver can pull of great performance if they redeem him.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

If I was Leia I'd argue that tweet took my opinion out of context haha.

tumblr_pkhq52QNxY1x4equoo5_500.gif

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snoke literally describes himself as a master. There is no chance of him being Palp's apprentice or subordinate.

i misread your previous post. You were saying that there was a rivalry between Snoke and Palpatine. I don't know about that. Would Palpatine have allowed Snoke to live if he knew of his existence?

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
i misread your previous post. You were saying that there was a rivalry between Snoke and Palpatine. I don't know about that. Would Palpatine have allowed Snoke to live if he knew of his existence?

I would think that if Sheev knew of Snoke, he would have sent Vader to eliminate him or do it himself.

Since this is the end of THE SKYWALKERSSS...do you think we'll ever get Snoke's origin story?

Last edited:

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you want to know Snoke's backstory then it's no good but if you wanna see Snoke and Kylo interecting? Yeah, it's pretty great.

We get to see more of their abusive relationship that we saw in TLJ.

The abusive nature of their relationship as shown in TLJ doesn't make sense to me. In TFA Snoke seemed to be a pretty chill dude so it made sense he'd be able to turn Kylo and act as a substitute parent figure but now it's kind of weird that Kylo stuck with Snoke for as long as he did.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The abusive nature of their relationship as shown in TLJ doesn't make to me. In TFA Snoke seemed to be a pretty chill dude so it made sense he'd be able to turn Kylo but now it's kind of weird that Kylo stuck with Snoke for as long as he did.
In TFA he essentially asks if he's strong enough to murder his dad. Dark Side users aren't really into the whole chill thing.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In TFA he essentially asks if he's strong enough to murder his dad. Dark Side users aren't really into the whole chill thing.

Chill in the sense that he seemed to take all the setbacks in stride. Hux and Kylo didn't manage to get the map? No matter. The resistance manages to destroy starkiller base? Well, they already got the Republic so no matter. In TLJ he's yelling and punishing his subordinates which does't seem to jive with how he was depicted in TFA. And if he was so abusive towards Kylo from the start then it's weird that Kylo took it for so long or why he even decided to go to Snoke to begin with.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All of these quotes were made prior to the moment in TLJ where he takes over the First Order and rejects Rey's offer of redemption. This scene was clearly framed as Kylo's "making his choice" moment.

That doesn't mean they can't walk it back later (see also: Zuko in the Crossroads of Destiny), but this tweet is deliberately ignoring this major fact.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All of these quotes were made prior to the moment in TLJ where he takes over the First Order and rejects Rey's offer of redemption. This scene was clearly framed as Kylo's "making his choice" moment.

That doesn't mean they can't walk it back later (see also: Zuko in the Crossroads of Destiny), but this tweet is deliberately ignoring this major fact.

After this happens Luke still tells Leia that noone's ever really gone in reply to Leia saying that she knows her son is gone.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Chill in the sense that he seemed to take all the setbacks in stride. Hux and Kylo didn't manage to get the map? No matter. The resistance manages to destroy starkiller base? Well, they already got the Republic so no matter. In TLJ he's yelling and punishing his subordinates which does't seem to jive with how he was depicted in TFA. And if he was so abusive towards Kylo from the start then it's weird that Kylo took it for so long or why he even decided to go to Snoke to begin with.
We really see much of him in TFA either, though. Not enough to really say what kind of personality he had.

Snoke and Hux were both characters that JJ wasn't too interested in really defining what made them them in TFA. Snoke isn't the same in TLJ, that's true, but I think it's for the better since in TLJ he has clear character traits. In TLJ he was more than just a Palpatine clone.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I thought Kylo mentioning Snoke sensed his "call to the light" in TFA indicated he feared the consequences of it. The abusive relationship we see in TLJ never felt inconsistent to me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm saying they're could have been one. It makes no sense for two masters lusting for ultimate power to coexist. Unless they're playing a game.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
About to finally play the Battlefront II campaign. Haven't played a (new) SW game since Force Unleashed II (which was garbage).

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I came across some interesting circa 2015 quotes from Kathleen Kennedy and Lawrence Kasdan today. First up, Kathleen Kennedy from an interview with Slashfilm:

Peter: So when J.J. is doing Force Awakens, did he also work on a treatment for the other films in this sequel trilogy?

Kathleen Kennedy:
No, because at that point we were sitting down and talking about where this might go, even as early on as with Michael Arndt. We were sort of plotting out, because obviously if you know up front that you're building the pacing inside a trilogy structure, we needed to have some sense of where this saga was going without locking in on things and leaving room for creative development. But we had to have some sense of where we were going.

And Lawrence Kasdan from an interview with the LA Times:

We talked about [the ending] -- and there's a certain thing that people who are involved with it feel should happen," Kasdan said. "There's a kind of movement that happens.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came across some interesting circa 2015 quotes from Kathleen Kennedy and Lawrence Kasdan today. First up, Kathleen Kennedy from an interview with Slashfilm:

And Lawrence Kasdan from an interview with the LA Times:

['The Force Awakens'] sets up a lot of stuff. There's a lot of people to deal with. And Rian took on that job and he's going to change it, because he's Rian. And I'm sure Colin will change what Rian does.... These movies will all be so different. Rian Johnson is a friend of mine -- he's going to make some weird thing. If you've seen Rian's work, you know it's not going be like anything that's ever been in 'Star Wars.' "

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For whatever reason this guy has Disney+ (maybe reviewing or testing?). Edit: Apparently a free trial version launched in the Netherlands

Seems like Empire of Dreams will be on the service:

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
In TLJ when (1:33:41) Rey herself starts training and hits and breaks a rock with lightsaber (Luke sneaking behind her), a track is playing, does anyone know the song's name?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Every SW movie on plus + resistance, clone wars, rebels...

:o

Deleted scenes are also included in the extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.