• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So bored of the whiners that infect this franchise. I know there is no chance, but I do wish they would get bored soon and fuck off. Go and complain about DC or some shit.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So bored of the whiners that infect this franchise. I know there is no chance, but I do wish they would get bored soon and fuck off. Go and complain about DC or some shit.
Give it a few more cycles. These "fans" were moaning about Ewoks ruining Star Wars in the 80s, Jar-Jar destroying Star Wars in the 90s, and they'll be complaining about something else in the newer films after this story concludes.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Another ROTJ point: I liked that they brought back Admiral Piett from ESB. That guy has a good Imperial gaunt look to him.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of marathoning the saga soon, how do you all do it? I'm thinking I-III, Rogue One, IV-VIII. I love Solo but R1 works better with the others. And it has two Skywalkers in it.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking of marathoning the saga soon, how do you all do it? I'm thinking I-III, Rogue One, IV-VIII. I love Solo but R1 works better with the others. And it has two Skywalkers in it.
That's how we did it in the past. I like Solo but the next time we watch it, I might just toss it in at the very end, it doesn't really feel cohesive like Rogue One does in a rewatch.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I've done it in chronological order, with Solo between III and RO. Didn't feel like that much of a digression to me. It's kind of interesting to get a glimpse at life under the Empire, instead of just jumping from its formation to the beginning of the rebellion.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

ANOTHER PROMO SHOT WITH A STUNT SABER. JUST USE A HERO SABER FOR GOD'S SAKE! SERIES RUINED!!!!1! *Ahem* Sorry, I... I feel strongly about lightsabers. I have a problem.

Does anyone know if this is a new still form Ep IX or is it from TLJ? If it's from IX then it could mean Rey goes back to Ach-to!

I'm almost positive it's from Episode VIII. That's the exact same type of stunt lightsaber the production was using on that movie, Daisy is wearing the exact same outfit she wore there during the scene where she cuts the rock in half, and the saber is missing the leather or wood "band-aid" that the Episode IX version of the Graflex lightsaber has around the clamp section.

Oct 28, 2017
Sooo in ESB once the Empire lands and the rebel transports are evacuating... how is Luke able to just leave the planet so easily without running into the imperial blockade? And what about the additional transports that seemingly didn't have the benefits of the ion canon clearing a path for them? I feel like the movie makes a big deal out of this and just completely glosses it over lol

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sooo in ESB once the Empire lands and the rebel transports are evacuating... how is Luke able to just leave the planet so easily without running into the imperial blockade? And what about the additional transports that seemingly didn't have the benefits of the ion canon clearing a path for them? I feel like the movie makes a big deal out of this and just completely glosses it over lol
He's just one x wing. He simply slipped by them. It's a planet after all so there's a lot to cover if you're an imperial blockade. And as for the additional transports, yeah who knows. Wasn't that important to the story anyway.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played Battlefront II up to the Han mission. The game is nothing special but I can't say I haven't had fun. It's solid. I think this and the Shattered Empire comic are the only post-ROTJ stuff, which I'd like to see more of. I was buying Iden's and Del's turn to a point but the Naboo mission is just such a huge leap for the characters, it does not feel natural. They join the rebellion because that's what needs to happen, not because it makes sense for the characters (at this point in the story). Also, Leia's voice actress sounds nothing like Carrie Fisher, it's distracting. At least they sort of kind of tried with Luke, Lando and Han.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know people here like TCW but so much of its really bugs me whenever I watch it.

That Season 6 episode with Yoda fighting Sidious and seeing Anakin's whole turn for one. It just makes Yoda seem even more incredibly stupid once III comes along to not recognize Sidious or to not be actively working to stop Anakin falling to the dark side.

Then there's other stupid stuff, like Sidious personally contacting a bounty Hunter through hologram.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
SPACE

PHYSICS

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know people here like TCW but so much of its really bugs me whenever I watch it.

That Season 6 episode with Yoda fighting Sidious and seeing Anakin's whole turn for one. It just makes Yoda seem even more incredibly stupid once III comes along to not recognize Sidious or to not be actively working to stop Anakin falling to the dark side.

Then there's other stupid stuff, like Sidious personally contacting a bounty Hunter through hologram.
You talking about that thing were Yoda experienced Force Visions and visited the Force planet and stuff? I thought he didn't remember what happened there, like Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi don't recall anything from Mortis (or whatever that weird Force-world was called).

Oct 28, 2017
He's just one x wing. He simply slipped by them. It's a planet after all so there's a lot to cover if you're an imperial blockade. And as for the additional transports, yeah who knows. Wasn't that important to the story anyway.

Yea but you also see the other big transport ship leaving just behind him. The first transport couldn't get through without the ion cannon. And when Luke leaves the base has been fully evacuated so I don't think the remaining transport ships could escape without the canon.

Oct 28, 2017
Watching ESB again last night I noticed some symmetry between it and TLJ that I never picked up on before. When Luke lands on Dagobah he says "it's something out of a dream" and "I don't know, there's something familiar about this."

Rey says very similar things to Luke. "Only in dreams" and "I know this place."

Also, Luke is a whiny bitch in ESB

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
LOL yes. I had the same thought last time I watched ESB. especially jarring after all the hand wringing over stuff in TLJ.
Luke's like just having this relaxing convo with R2. Feels like me taking the kids to a surprise place or something. Oh yeah, buddy we're just gonna go see an old friend maybe there will be ice cream. Meanwhile the Falcon is all oh shit oh shit oh shit.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
New sizing chart from the Rebel Starfighter Owners' Workshop Manual out in November:

RS4.jpg

New Y-Wing, and man is that T-85 a chonky boy

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

I could be completely off the scent here, but it feels like this boils down to "Does Soule make Kylo more or less sympathetic?"

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I just really want to know if the Knights are Luke's Jedi.

Doesn't really make sense if they don't have lighsabers though.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just really want to know if the Knights are Luke's Jedi.

Doesn't really make sense if they don't have lighsabers though.

They have to be. But the lack of lightsabers is weird. Maybe Luke didn't hand them out to students like candy (unlike Yoda).

I could be completely off the scent here, but it feels like this boils down to "Does Soule make Kylo more or less sympathetic?"

Are we getting a splash page of Kylo killing younglings?

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Kylo made his own saber and did whatever he wanted. No reason to think other students wouldn't pick and choose whatever they wanted. Maybe they said fuck the Jedi and even Sith, we're doing our own thing. Maybe Kylo was seen as the only one worthy of creating/using a saber, who knows.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Are we getting a splash page of Kylo killing younglings?
Please no

I think I recall JJ saying that the Knights predate Kylo Ren and the temple massacre so I'm not totally certain about them being Luke's students. Honestly, I don't see how it fits into the story to have so many former Luke students who either have to be killed off or redeemed. If Luke's line about the handful of students is never followed up on though that will be weird.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched Revenge of the Sith the other night and enjoyed the shit out of it. I've finally made peace with the prequels and accept them for what they are.
ROTS is a movie that I could name you a trillion things wrong with it and yet I still really enjoy it.
ROTS is the only close to decent prequel trilogy movie so I can see why.
For all its flaws ROTS is one of the easiest movies in the saga for me to enjoy. And really is a big step up from AOTC in every way. It'll look great in HDR.

My brothers, you are close to seeing the truth.

ROTS is one of the most entertaining and "epic" SW films. It's great fun, and it has occasional moments where the dramatic beats do land well.

Plus Sheev is just
FavoriteNegligibleBluegill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to jump in and I'm sure it's been said many times but I am getting so sick of watching star wars content on YouTube and being blasted with "star wars is failing" " galaxy's edge is a failure" "why ep9 won't save star wars".

I curate my content really well and constantly say I'm not interested and uninterested in those channels yet new ones always seem to show up when I'm watching a star wars video from say star wars explained.

YouTube push this shit hard so it's either super popular content or something else makes the algorithm do it.

Frustrating. Rant over.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to jump in and I'm sure it's been said many times but I am getting so sick of watching star wars content on YouTube and being blasted with "star wars is failing" " galaxy's edge is a failure" "why ep9 won't save star wars".

I curate my content really well and constantly say I'm not interested and uninterested in those channels yet new ones always seem to show up when I'm watching a star wars video from say star wars explained.

YouTube push this shit hard so it's either super popular content or something else makes the algorithm do it.

Frustrating. Rant over.
It's almost as bad as all the RDR2 spoiler videos I had suggested.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Please no

I think I recall JJ saying that the Knights predate Kylo Ren and the temple massacre so I'm not totally certain about them being Luke's students. Honestly, I don't see how it fits into the story to have so many former Luke students who either have to be killed off or redeemed. If Luke's line about the handful of students is never followed up on though that will be weird.

Yeah, the conception of the Knights of Ren during the making of The Force Awakens was that they existed before Ben turned. From Adam Driver:

So who are the Knights of Ren?

It was a group that existed before him, that he was a part of. Their place within everything is maybe more of a satellite group than I would say ... This is really tricky.

J.J. also kind of implied that:

He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren

According to Wookieepedia, the book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded, stated this as fact as well. Though I'm sure J.J. was allowed to contradict it if he wanted to.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So they replaced the prosthetic character Klaud with the CGI character Rose smh

Status
Not open for further replies.