• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
While I was at Galaxy's Edge the other day, I was thinking about how I get a little disoriented while going through the Falcon interior. I'm not familiar with the layout. So later on I decided to lookup some floorplans to orient myself, also wondering how close Smuggler's Run gets to canon. (I know Smuggler's Run adds a bunch of convenient closed hatches throughout so that the hallways don't have to be as long as they really are, so I'll be ignoring that little designer's conceit and just observing the overall floorplans)

Now, it's common knowledge that the interior of the Falcon has never made perfect sense (particularly regarding the turret ladders that won't fit properly on any form of floorplans). But I thought what I found was interesting.

So here are the current Falcon floorplans post-Solo:
fw8nTJq.png

(these floorplans are clearly based heavily on the older legends floorplans, though with Solo's new additions and some other details added and modified)

However there are two glaring differences between this and Smuggler's Run:
  • First, as riders enter at the #27 left hatch, we see a curved wall in front of us and a hatch to our right. If we were following the above canon floorplan however, it should be the other way around. The hatch should be in front of us and the wall should be to our right. Swapping their placements wouldn't change the ride layout at all, so this is unlikely to be a change made for practicality. It just seems like a mistake, right?
  • Our second problem is the ride's journey to the cockpit through the second route. There are two lines exiting from the main rec room. The main obvious way, and then the way through the back circuitry hallway (#30 on above canon floorplans). Except that on these floorplans, it's just a small closet, and doesn't curve back around to the cockpit at all. You'd assume this one is just done for practical convenience, right?
But this is where things got interesting for me. I found fans online saying that for years, the canon floorplans have been incorrect. They don't match what's on-screen and mistakes have been carried forward in official material. I saw this one fan modified floorplan with corrections (made long before Solo or Galaxy's Edge happened, so it does not include any newer room additions):

4I2JAoD.png

But suddenly...Smuggler's Run makes sense. Riders enter at the #12 left hatch with a curved wall in front of them and a convenience hatch blocking the hallway to their right. Check. Riders in the second line go through the #8 circuitry bay which curves around and exits near the cockpit. Check! Then exiting the ride, the hallway toward the rec room is blocked by another convenience hatch and they exit through the #2 right hatch. This image predates Galaxy's Edge but seems to match it fairly well. Taking a gander at The Force Awakens, that movie also seems to match these fan plans fairly well.

5Gh9aiy.png

(the hallways from the ride's circuitry bay are shortened and streamlined compared to these plans because in reality it's going to a different cockpit altogether, but that easily falls within the realm of ride design)

So oddly enough, Smugger's Run seems to be designed around independent research on the Falcon's layout rather than using the "canon" floorplans that some have claimed are faulty. Interesting! This concludes my useless trivia for today.

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
The D23 trailer played before my IMAX screening of AD ASTRA. God, the movie looks so good on the big screen. I think I'm def reserving IMAX tix for my first viewing

Same, it was dope! Still, I'm a bit hesitant on reserving IMAX tickets until I see some more concrete info on if TROS will actually be shown in the format and not just upconverted like all the recent films (sans TFA) have been.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Question for y'all: Would you do an R-series or BB-unit astromech at Droid Depot in Galaxy's Edge?

I'm going in December, and I love me some BB-units (I have the spheros and have a lot of the funko ones). But the R-series droids are so cool too. What would you do?

Oct 28, 2017
Same, it was dope! Still, I'm a bit hesitant on reserving IMAX tickets until I see some more concrete info on if TROS will actually be shown in the format and not just upconverted like all the recent films (sans TFA) have been.

Honestly, the image quality is always so much better in imax compared to the standard screenings at my theater that I'll just see a movie in imax for the better IQ. Don't even mind if there's black bars.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot how wild these last few episodes of Rebels were...

Hyperspace traveling wolves, space wales, world between worlds, ahsoka cosplaying as gandalf the white.

Shieeeeet. Filoni a madman.

Jun 12, 2019
Rey and Kylo grace Empire 2 TROS covers (you can see Rey's saber up in the corner):

7742b1mj3co31.jpg

they haven't released Rey cover online yet.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think you meant sith welding

that indentation where the front right plate meets the top plate and back right plate, has always been there.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Once the new merchandise hits in early October the deluge and promotions will begin. We should get the last trailer next month along with pre-orders for tickets going live.

We're getting so close now...

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Once the new merchandise hits in early October the deluge and promotions will begin. We should get the last trailer next month along with pre-orders for tickets going live.

We're getting so close now...

One could argue that this is more marketing than the usual deluge, given that they've now repackaged that D23 footage both for theaters and TV (like they basically just trimmed it down to the TROS footage and aired it as a commercial during Sunday Night Football last night)

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
There's the Empire cover story! I've been waiting for that. Now the painful wait until the article is online.

One could argue that this is more marketing than the usual deluge, given that they've now repackaged that D23 footage both for theaters and TV (like they basically just trimmed it down to the TROS footage and aired it as a commercial during Sunday Night Football last night)

Agreed. Also, WHAT. I must have missed it when I flipped to the Indians game :( Was it this:

Because that seems to have a slightly different version of the BB-8/D-O shot from the teaser. The shot in the teaser had a small dolly move towards the characters. And thus concludes my Stupidly Pedantic Star Wars Minute™ for today.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Also, WHAT. I must have missed it when I flipped to the Indians game :( Was it this:

Because that seems to have a slightly different version of the BB-8/D-O shot from the teaser. The shot in the teaser had a small dolly move towards the characters. And thus concludes my Stupidly Pedantic Star Wars Minute™ for today.

I believe it was, though I somehow missed the BB-8 shot when I saw the spot last night.

Mando story trailer when.

I'm actually content not seeing anything else from that show before it releases. And that's not too far off, in any case.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iger release his book, and he spoke in it somewhat about the relationship with George. Apparently George blew up when he found out they weren't using his sequel outlines because he had been under the impression that they had a tacit agreement to use them (Iger says he takes responsibility for not making it clearer to George that that wouldn't be the case, though he had told him from the start that Disney was under no obligation to follow them). Also George's opinion after screening TFA for the first time: "There's nothing new."

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Iger release his book, and he spoke in it somewhat about the relationship with George. Apparently George blew up when he found out they weren't using his sequel outlines because he had been under the impression that they had a tacit agreement to use them (Iger says he takes responsibility for not making it clearer to George that that wouldn't be the case, though he had told him from the start they Disney was under no obligation to follow them). Also George's opinion after screening TFA for the first time: "There's nothing new."

Make the thread, join the dark side.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The threads and clickbait videos & articles are going to push me to drink. Who wants some?

giphy.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention, the involvement of the Whills/midichlorians/microbiotic world in the overarching story which were seemingly discarded.
oh lord

Also George's opinion after screening TFA for the first time: "There's nothing new."

IIRC right around when the movie came out Lucas said (publicly!) something about how "this is exactly the movie the fans wanted," which I think everyone took for the back-handed compliment it was lol. I'd be curious about his thoughts on TLJ and Solo. I know he liked Rogue One.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If I recall correctly he said TLJ was "beautifully made" but nothing substantial.
The only public statement that he ever gave on TLJ, I think, was that it was "beautifully made". We know he really liked Rogue One and Solo though.
I remember Edwards saying that George had told him he liked Rogue One. Was there anything else?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure a young orphan on a desolate planet named Kira finding exiled Luke on an island and the Jedi killer being Han and Leia's son we're all Lucas ideas.

Also have people forgotten how recently he helped out with Mandalorian episodes?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They updated the thumbnails for the SW saga on vudu. Not sure I like them
tenor.gif

Pretty sure a young orphan on a desolate planet named Kira finding exiled Luke on an island and the Jedi killer being Han and Leia's son we're all Lucas ideas.
I've got no problem with any of those ideas.
Also have people forgotten how recently he helped out with Mandalorian episodes?
He did ?

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
If you're waiting for the big marketing deluge to start, you won't have to wait long. It should start *checks watch* tomorrow.

I think Han and Leia's son fell to the dark side in George's plans, but I believe he was a separate character from the Jedi Killer. I think the Jedi Killer was the one to seduce the son to the dark side, possibly with the help of the "Uber" character.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Han and Leia's son fell to the dark side in George's plans, but I believe he was a separate character from the Jedi Killer. I think the Jedi Killer was the one to seduce the son to the dark side, possibly with the help of the "Uber" character.
Yeah, wasn't Jedi Killer meant to be Talon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.