• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You know with JJ being brought on board just a few months before TFA began filming, R1 having massive reshoots and story changes, Solo being reshot, and now TROS having last minute reshoots two months before release, production on TLJ really has been by far the smoothest, with the movie being basically finished in the summer and many months of fine tuning.
Rian and Ram run a tight ship.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You know with JJ being brought on board just a few months before TFA began filming, R1 having massive reshoots and story changes, Solo being reshot, and now TROS having last minute reshoots two months before release, production on TLJ really has been by far the smoothest, with the movie being basically finished in the summer and many months of fine tuning.
I guess we don't really know but I doubt TROS reshoots are any indication of a troubled shoot, those always happen with these type of movies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know with JJ being brought on board just a few months before TFA began filming, R1 having massive reshoots and story changes, Solo being reshot, and now TROS having last minute reshoots two months before release, production on TLJ really has been by far the smoothest, with the movie being basically finished in the summer and many months of fine tuning, completely finished in September.
There is nothing notable about the TROS reshoots though. They only lasted a week and half. That is pretty par for the course.

So I don't see how TROS can be lumped in there.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't wanna scare kids

Are you implying that Palpatine's kind and caring visage is frightening to children

Nxz4icC.jpg

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we don't really know but I doubt TROS reshoots are any indication of a troubled shoot, those always happen with these type of movies.
There is nothing notable about the TROS reshoots though. They only lasted a week and half. That is pretty par for the course.

So I don't see how TROS can be lumped in there.
We can't say for certain yet, and I'm not sure if we know how long they went on for sure other than just ending, but it sounds like from the major leakers there may be some substantial changes. Reshoots certainly aren't unusually but reshoots this late are. The Last Jedi reshoots were in March 2017 and it was finished in the can in September.

It's almost certainly not as drastic as R1 or Solo but it's not as smooth as TLJ either.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

TROS trailer better have god-tier music and editing. It has a lot to live up to.

I was listening to Comedy Bang Bang the other day and they used the TFA music as epic music for a canon re-cap of a character. Shit killed me when someone asked why there were X-Wings in their backstory.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
More pages from the art book for Jedi: Fallen Order.

And there's definitely some type of press/influencer event for the game right now. Alex from Star Wars Explain is there and mentioned getting to play the game. Hopefully, we'll see the results of this soon.

Yeah, the production for The Last Jedi was very smooth, probably smoother than most movies, to be fair. There were writers saying that it was essentially done in September. J.J. was on the Episode VII production as director for 10 months before he became a writer. And he's kinda notorious for constantly shooting new stuff. There were shoots for The Force Awakens this late. It's almost always tiny stuff though. A shot here, a shot there.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We can't say for certain yet, and I'm not sure if we know how long they went on for sure other than just ending, but it sounds like from the major leakers there may be some substantial changes. Reshoots certainly aren't unusually but reshoots this late are. The Last Jedi reshoots were in March 2017 and it was finished in the can in September.

It's almost certainly not as drastic as R1 or Solo but it's not as smooth as TLJ either.
Bespin Bulletin who has a top notch track record said reshoots lasted from Sept 30th to Oct 8th.

Which is pretty standard for any blockbuster.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Reshoots aren't cause for concern. They literally schedule time for them to help fix things that aren't working or tighten things up.

The only concerning thing about TROS has been there the whole time: they had to quickly write the movie in a short time period after Trevorrow got canned. Reshoots can only help with that issue.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the Feige thread:

Hey Kevin...now that you're doing a Star Wars movie...and you're in charge of the Marvel comics...can I suggest some possible characters for you to focus on? I have a couple ideas...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Cassian Black Series toy 'cus someone gave it to me for Christmas. I mean, I like Cassian and all, but his toy is really boring.

dy1ACrnl.jpg

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
The Kenobi show should feature Chirrut. One of the most under appreciated and coolest new characters. Kenobi flies to Jedha and meets him.

Bring back Donnie Yen, you cowards!
chirrut-jedha-tall.jpg

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I think there's enough there to make Cassian's journey a compelling and interesting story, but it could easily fall into the trap of lacking any real tension because we know how it ends ultimately. Especially as it's not as beloved a character as say, Obi-Wan. That series has to skirt a similar issue, but it'll probably get a bit more of a pass because it's an Obi-Wan series.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how a 'tip' about the Cassian series being cancelled ended up being...the complete opposite!

Given that they're only just now writing the pilot according to the Gilroy news, and Obi-Wan has its scripts apparently ready to go (if they were reverse-engineered out of an Obi-Wan movie script then that would help speed things along) and will shoot early next year, I think that's probably a safe bet.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One toys and Rogue Friday toy release were pretty great. Nice group of people in line at Toys R Us, which was still in business in the US back then. Everyone on the TFA high still, lots of stock, lots of cool new stormtroopers, the deathtrooper, the shoretrooper, classic stormtrooper, tank driver trooper, better looking aliens with Pao and Moroff... some Rebels figures were in stock too. The U-Wing ship the big AT-ACT toy. Lol Rogue One probably had the best toy release of the bunch.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Cassian show will be interesting not so much for Cassian and K-2SO but for the depiction of OT era world. What we saw in Rogue One was great (even OT era Coruscant).

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the Cassian show is interesting for me in that we will get more K2S0 and maybe more Mon Mothma, Bail, King of all time mustache man General Antoc Merrick. etc. spycraft and shootouts and maybe space skirmishes.

But I can easily see that it might not be as interesting to broader market the way Mando is.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

If some of those same leakers are to be believed, the reshoots started on September 30th and ended on October 9th, so they literally only lasted a week and a half. Which is why I don't believe they're as drastic as they have claimed them to be. That sounds like a typical pickup shoot session, probably pencilled in for the end of September because that's when most of the cast's schedules were free.

Rogue One's reshoots went on for much longer, after a rewrite by, and uncredited switch of directors to Tony Gilroy.

Oct 28, 2017
If some of those same leakers are to be believed, the reshoots started on September 30th and ended on October 9th, so they literally only lasted a week and a half. Which is why I don't believe they're as drastic as they have claimed them to be. That sounds like a typical pickup shoot session, probably pencilled in for the end of September because that's when most of the cast's schedules were free.

Rogue One's reshoots went on for much longer, after a rewrite by, and uncredited switch of directors to Tony Gilroy.

That latest pic only strengthens the veracity of the leak outline

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol Just had a rare browse of Off-topic and what do I see? a Rey Mary sue thread. Star Wars threads really are the shits.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this movie has not leaked to the level of TFA. I'm not sure I can successfully dodge spoilers for two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.