• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

wait... didn't he shit on SW?

edit: still decent pick.

In fact that was my superpower…. I've never been interested in Star Wars ever, so I have no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid of that. And they were in such a swamp - they were just in terrible, terrible trouble, that all you could do was improve their position."

But it is also for that reason he later confirmed he has no interest in making a future Star Wars movie.

"No, I don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me. I don't think Rogue is a Star Wars movie in a lot of ways. It's a Battle of Britain film."
I wouldn't say he shat on it but he's clearly not a fan haha.

He's a talented writer though and his detachment from the source material might be more of a help than a hindrance.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think getting Gilroy in says a lot of good things for the Cassian show, it honestly makes me a lot more hyped for it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nicholas Meyer and Harve Bennett had never seen a Star Trek episode when they were brought in to do Wrath of Khan.

Sometimes it's helpful to have people in the room who aren't attached to the existing dogma of the fictional universe.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was really annoyed that that thread's moronic OP chose to put an apparent spoiler right in the thread title. Which I only know is a spoiler because it has since been edited out with "(spoiler)". Like fuck off with that.
I've just accepted that I'm gunna be spoiled. Already been hit with major spoilers, it sucks but whatever. People can't help themselves but ruin shit for others

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I was really annoyed that that thread's moronic OP chose to put an apparent spoiler right in the thread title. Which I only know is a spoiler because it has since been edited out with "(spoiler)". Like fuck off with that.
Especially when they started another spoiler thread (despite there already being a spoiler thread in the hangouts section).

I...

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's read the spoilers it sounded like just speculation to me.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why JJ's two movies seem to leak so much? I remember on TFA someone leaked the shooting script to I think Jason Ward.
Probably someone(s) at Bad Robot.

TLJ was only produced by Lucasfilm. TFA and TROS are co-produced by both Lucasfilm and Bad Robot, so there's just more opportunity for things to be seen or trade hands.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping I can make it without being spoiled. I remember after the TFA premiere clicking on an official SW account tweet and the first reply to it had a pic of Han Solo being killed.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping I can make it without being spoiled. I remember after the TFA premiere clicking on an official SW account tweet and the first reply to it had a pic of Han Solo being killed.
It's insane that leaked in November 2014. I read a leak that Han was killed by his own son before he ever got to meet Luke and I couldn't believe it.

All the TLJ spoilers are only leaked when the movie premiered a week early, and I just couldn't stop myself finding out what was going to happen to Luke. I think knowing the spoilers actually made it better.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder whatever happened to the leak of Rey and Luke fighting the water monster in The Last Jedi that everyone was so sure of..

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the shooting script of TROS hasn't leaked so we're probably in a much more vague situation than for TFA

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the leaks for ROTS, the entire novelization, I forget which one, leaked months before the movie opened. It seemed like we had new pictures every day.

This was the first picture I remember seeing for the movie. A fully completed shot just leaked out, it was pretty hype.

anakin-above-dooku.png

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting that Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing in the post tomorrow as well as a small box of the new Topps cards Journey to the Rise of Skywalker, I will share any good TROS cards that I get.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the leaks for ROTS, the entire novelization, I forget which one, leaked months before the movie opened. It seemed like we had new pictures every day.

This was the first picture I remember seeing for the movie. A fully completed shot just leaked out, it was pretty hype.

anakin-above-dooku.png

This movie has been out for 14.5 years and the symbolism of Anakin holding red and blue lightsabers in this moment only just now occurred to me lol

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how much Lucas himself nailed the fundamental problem with the prequels.

"That's about another twenty percent of this story treatment. The first film is twenty percent, the second film is twenty percent and I then ended up with a third film. The problem was the third film was actually more like eighty percent of the story. So, I was sitting there with a lot more story to tell than I actually had time to tell it. It was the reverse of what I had in the first two films. I constantly had to cut it down and cut it down."

The first two are almost a waste while the third one could have been great if it wasn't so rushed. The thing is, the first two could have had a really great story too. They didn't need to be just backstory for the third movie.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have the whole trilogy focus on the Clone Wars and the Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka relationship. I feel like George's heavy involvement in TCW was his metaphorical deathbed realization that the show was what the movies should have been the whole time.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Have the whole trilogy focus on the Clone Wars and the Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka relationship. I feel like George's heavy involvement in TCW was his metaphorical deathbed realization that the show was what the movies should have been the whole time.
Indeed. Ashoka especially would have added so much to the prequels.

Attack of the clones era should have been episode 1

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely would have had all three episodes focus on the clone wars but I wouldn't have included Ahsoka.

Last edited:

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Indeed. Ashoka especially would have added so much to the prequels.

Attack of the clones era should have been episode 1

I think the clone army plot should have been built up since ep I, so the central conflict would flow more evenly than: First movie is a local trade skirmish that gets resolved by the end, second movie is a lot of build up to the very start of a war (In the last 20 minutes) and third movie is the end of the war plus a mad rush to get Anakin to be Darth Vader.

Phantom Menace feels so disconected from the rest of the trilogy, it's so weird.

MikeyLikesIt

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
It's amazing how much Lucas himself nailed the fundamental problem with the prequels.

"That's about another twenty percent of this story treatment. The first film is twenty percent, the second film is twenty percent and I then ended up with a third film. The problem was the third film was actually more like eighty percent of the story. So, I was sitting there with a lot more story to tell than I actually had time to tell it. It was the reverse of what I had in the first two films. I constantly had to cut it down and cut it down."

The first two are almost a waste while the third one could have been great if it wasn't so rushed. The thing is, the first two could have had a really great story too. They didn't need to be just backstory for the third movie.

You're sort of describing the sequel trilogy as well.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm doing a rewatch of the Star Wars movies in the lead up to The Rise of Skywalker/The Mandalorian and I just finished RotJ.

Lotta nostalgia for the OT and they still hold up so well. Ranking the movies as I rewatch them but...

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi

May get some push back on that but that's how I feel. They're all such great movies and reminded me why SW is so special. They really are great movies...

Now for the Prequels. Kinda Funny is also doing a rewatch of all the movies and its fascinating seeing what they think as I go along too.

Status
Not open for further replies.