• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2019
Why bend over to them and put your resources, time and effort into a market that has shown it doesn't care.

Fast&Furious 6, China gross: 66.5M
Furious 7, China gross: 391M
Fate of the Furious (aka F&F8), China gross: 393M

Point being, you never know when things may turn around and studios are not going to miss an opportunity to turn fortunes around especially if they make obscenely expensive movies. So it's a done deal. SW will woo China until China falls in love, whatever it takes.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Star Wars fans: "Why isn't Star Wars popular in China?!"

China: "Why isn't wuxia popular in the West?!"
To be fair, we did nominate one for Best Picture.

Crouching_Tiger_530x@2x.jpeg

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
They're going by this:

Interestingly, that time would work out perfectly for it to air during or at the end of ESPN's College Gameday show. The trailer is widely believed to debut at halftime of the Monday Night Football game that also airs on ESPN, a Disney owned network.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
My main go-to theater doesn't have all the Thurs night showings listed yet. They all start around 10pm or later, with none of the 5pm to 10pm showings yet, and I know they will have them.

No fan event for me, though I would do it if they held it in the Dolby Cinema, but they don't. It's always on a standard 2D screen. The Fan Event is 5PM, and the first Dolby Cinema showing is 6PM, so I can wait.

Actually... I will probably do IMAX Laser if there are IMAX scenes like The Force Awakens. Not sure if that is confirmed yet?

Marathon is too crazy. If they were showing 4K remasters of the OT it would be awfully tempting, but we all know it will be the Blu-Ray cuts. Better to do your rewatch at home in your own time. I'm curious what the blanket looks like though!

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Waiting for Disney+ so I can watch select TCW and Rebels episodes while going through the movies chronologically.
Good point, before people jump in on the Marathon showing theaters are having with all 9 films, consider Disney+ will have them all and it launches in November so you can do your rewatch that way at your own pace. I mean, I don't blame anyone who wants to do the marathon, but if you ask me, it's stressful enough dealing with people at ONE movie showing let alone 9 in a row. Because you never know what sort of super rude, smelly, inconsidierate, problematic, etc., people or situations are going to pop up. Because people suck, lol.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So for you lovelies that are going to re-watch TCW. Which order you watching in. Please the chronological one.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching the OT on Disney+ because, like a true patrician, I only watch the Despecialized Editions.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can get to the point of selecting tickets on Regal's site, but when you try to move beyond that it just resets and says it's not able to add tickets to the order.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder if it's possible that they do it differently this time and release it with the teaser and not the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.