• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less than a quarter, when you consider the L
Has anyone done the full saga rewatch yet, or are you saving it for closer to release?
I'm not watching the prequels. I may watch the Despecialized Original Trilogy. For the sequel trilogy, it depends. Last time, in order to see The Last Jedi early, you had to purchase the TFA/TLJ combo. If they go that route again, I won't watch at home and will just watch it as part of that "event". If it's only Rise of the Skywalker this time, then I'll watch TFA and TLJ at home.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
nnaletA.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Tickets going on sale when I'm at work would be total bullshit.

Looks like tomorrow at 12 I'm gonna mysteriously need to take a dookie. 🤫

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Posted this in the Disney+ thread.

Unless Disney buys the contract out so they can have the streaming rights early like they did in the US with Time Warner then the UK will not have Star Wars (old movies?) for the foreseeable future. Foreseeable future to me means anywhere from a few months to a few years.
WTF! So will SKY be showing The Mandalorian?

edit - nvm we are talking about the movies

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone done the full saga rewatch yet, or are you saving it for closer to release?

I've spread it out... One movie a month chronologically. I passed on Clone Wars and Rebels though. Not because I don't like them, but because of time.

And since it's been awhile since I threw the prequels in, I may as well give a quick overview of my thoughts going through them... Non "special editions" of the OT.

TPM - For all the cheese, it's not too bad to get through. Fun little adventure that still manages to "feel" like Star Wars, and the acting wasn't AS bad as I remember. C
AOTC - Starts off well enough I guess, but that middle is rough. Anakin/Kenobi = good. Anakin/Padme = bad. McGregor feels like the sole highlight here. Even the score seems like a step down. D-
ROTS - High highs, low lows. So close to being genuinely great, but the inconsistency and odd choices keep it average overall. C-
SOLO - Still surprised I enjoy this as much as I do. Nothing terribly special, but it manages to work. B
RO - I always liked it, but re-watches keep moving the needle slightly up. Well shot, well made. B+
ANH - It all started here. A simple, timeless masterpiece that changed the game. A
ESB - Virtually flawless. An amazing take on what sequels could be, and should be. A+
ROTJ - A step down to be sure, but still damned fun with a stellar ending sequence. Loved the Ewoks as a kid, still love them now. B+ (Yub Nub remains superior)
TFA - Great characters, great ride. A little too familiar perhaps, but that familiarity remains fantastic. A-
TLJ - Might be the textbook definition of flawed masterpiece and divisiveness, but I love it. A

That said, I've enjoyed every minute of my re-watch. (yes, even AOTC) Can't even begin to guess the number of times I've watched the OT movies over the last 40 years or so.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like the trailer will dropping around 7pm PT, tickets at 5pm PT:

Kinda crossing my fingers that somebody hits the button on the tickets a little earlier than that, because 5pm/8pm is gonna be a madhouse in terms of online traffic.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
My son turned on ESPN this morning and they're running a Star Wars logo in the bottom left corner every minute or so. 😳

I've been watching ESPN for the last 30 minutes or so and I haven't seen it. They'll put a Home Depot logo up every couple minutes, but I haven't seen anything Star Wars.

Kinda crossing my fingers that somebody hits the button on the tickets a little earlier than that, because 5pm/8pm is gonna be a madhouse in terms of online traffic.

Halftime can vary pretty widely. Last Monday's game went to halftime around 9:40 ET. The game where the trailer for The Force Awakens debuted didn't hit halftime until 10:15/10:20 ET.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All three main characters in the Falcon cockpit, this is already better than the OT (OT never had all three mains together in the cockpit)

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Ugh that's like 1am to 3am UK time so I'll probably end up having to keep refreshing the ticket sites on Tuesday to see when they update.

Status
Not open for further replies.