• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Woah. Really cool Jedi Revan figure.

What I'm really wondering about is if it was somehow inspired by my mod of Jedi Revan ten years ago, which got really popular.

96490_1.jpg

edit: looks like there was some Jedi Revan costume in Galaxy of Heroes. Definite buy for me.

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Woah. Really cool Jedi Revan figure.

What I'm really wondering about is if it was somehow inspired by my mod of Jedi Revan ten years ago, which got really popular.

96490_1.jpg

edit: looks like there was some Jedi Revan costume in Galaxy of Heroes. Definite buy for me.

There's also the "Star Forge" robes that you can obtain in the endgame.

Also I guess this is how they're releasing the Mandalorian soundtrack?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad that the Skywalker Saga Lego game didn't come out before TROS and then had a free update with the TROS stuff. I mean, COME ON

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
R2D2 waking up because BB8 talked to him still reminds extremely weak. Three writers and that the best they could come up with?

I still really like TFA but the first half is so much stronger. Dam you, Starkiller base. They fell into the same trap as ROTJ with the second Death Star which I also hated.

Originally, and I think this was filmed, R2-D2 was listening while in low power mode and heard the Resistance brass talking about the Empire's maps. That woke him up because he had copied the maps when interfacing with the first Death Star. But J.J. and the editors wanted to hurry up and get to Luke so they cut that scene down a bunch, including jettisoning Poe introducing himself to Rey.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I mean...Maybe it's my extreme confidence in JJ or just pure optimism, but I think discourse will return to where it was post-TFA after TROS comes out.

Don't get your hopes up. At best, and depending on the quality of the movie, we might get the discourse to be better than now, but a lot of people have now invested too much of their last two years on hating Star Wars and they've reached a point of no return. Because it's never actually been about the quality of Star Wars. A lot of those haters just want to be assholes.

It's like how Republicans aren't going to suddenly "see the light" like how some of the Democratic candidates like to say. They don't actually give a shit about civility, rules, or even policies. Liberals and Democrats and minorities are the enemy, they are the "other team" and it's a cultural war now too.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I never played KOTOR. 😔

I'm playing it now. Got it super cheap during a sale last year. Finally installed it a few weeks ago in my continued attempt to get through my backlog. I download a community patch that fixes bugs, which just consists of running two files one after another. Then booted up what is essentially a proto-Mass Effect. ME is basically a remake of KOTOR. You go around the galaxy with a squad of teammates who have their own side quests, while battling a villain who is doing evil shit involving a creepy precursor race. That's right, there's a precursor race of aliens in SW! I wish the movies had some of this.

Flaws of KOTOR:

It doesn't take up the whole screen. I read various ways to accomplish this, but in the end couldn't be bothered. It's not a big deal.

It has some of the worst acting I've ever heard in a video game. Bastila is actually the worst voice acting I've ever heard, without any doubt whatsoever. So bad I declined a romance with her and chose to be a celibate Jedi. That's how bad she is.

Here's me training to be a Jedi.

03B7B396EDA01CFB4ADA6C3FBF3023B29E246E75

Some Wookie lore. (Mission is the name of a character)

2D4A607C8BAB016445897DB5A74ACD664876D7CC

Some more Wookie lore. I really like this, and the whole concept of their homeworld as well.

E7A29DDDBB851328DB802C98C04EBC3F4BBF75EF

This game has the best dialogue choices of any RPG in my opinion. I played a scoundrel who is good at heart, but not afraid to piss people off.

7988B19E9A238856F82769D427C3F4F7E24C3306

I got rejected by Sith soldiers often. I just want to hate fuck, is that too much to ask? :(

9F47D46D60027F7D18C3B082E5378E8A457C66D4

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it fucking Tuesday yet

God why is Disney releasing this on Tuesday instead of Monday WHEN MANY PEOPLE ARE OFF FROM WORK

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I am waiting until Saturday to watch both episodes in the private theater at work. Waiting sucks, but will be worth it to watch with a group of Star Wars fans in a really nice theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.