• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Apparently the Formula 1 website news might be about the RJ trilogy, the trademark for it was apparently registered for it recently.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a quiet and slow day for me right now and I'm looking to do some things to the SW Era Discord. Play around with some bots, add fun in-universe roles, and maybe research what other things I can do with Discord to maybe make it more engaging. I figured if anyone was interested and had any ideas, feel free to make suggestions.

Currently here are the emotes:
19cd818307572674fd66c51b2f0441b3.png

And here are how the channels are set:
905381d11cb87920d52e5907b297cc96.png

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
So what we have to look forward to on screen during the so called break till 2022:

Fall 2019:
Resistance - Season 2
The Mandalorian - Season 1
The Rise of Skywalker

2020:
The Clone Wars - Season 7
Resistance - Season 3 (assuming)
The Mandalorian - Season 2 (assuming)

2021:
Cassian Andor - Season 1
Resistance - Season 4 (assuming)
The Mandalorian - Season 3 (assuming)

And potentially the rumored third live action show and the rumored Filoni/Favreau animated show.

So yeah...what break again?
It's gonna feel weird to not have a Star Wars movie in 2020 and 2021 since I been used to them yearly...but this list makes up for it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Thrawn Treason. Better than Alliances but worse than Thrawn 1. The Grysk are just so boring and despite everyone talking about how big of a threat they are, they never feel like it. The Eli/Navigators stuff was great though.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been busy with other things. So are we only getting two trailers for Episode 9? The teaser, and the story trailer this fall? I've got blue balls here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there's likely a Entertainment Weekly cover story dropping next week (TFA/TLJ had similar articles around this time of the year), and a probable BtS reel/new poster at D23 by the end of the month.

Not... quite sure about the former, actually, given that EW's gone monthly and their main Star Wars guy left. Still hoping!

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, there's likely a Entertainment Weekly cover story dropping next week (TFA/TLJ had similar articles around this time of the year), and a probable BtS reel/new poster at D23 by the end of the month.

Not... quite sure about the former, actually, given that EW's gone monthly and their main Star Wars guy left. Still hoping!
"This deal is getting worse all the time."

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
When do they show the final poster? I feel like it's usually pretty close to release but I'm not too sure.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah who knows what is going on with EW.

Anthony Breznican is no longer with EW and he was EW's resident Star Wars fanboy and always wrote those articles.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's from a saga wide behind the scenes sizzle reel shown before the Episode IX panel at Celebration. There were two other shots from the sets of Episode IX as well.

Chills.

One thing I noticed in this clip --

There's a LOT of focus on Luke. Episode title aside, I think he's going to have a bigger presence in TROS than people think.

I'm so fucking pumped for December...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Theres SWERA discord?

Yep!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
It's not really active which I never expected it to be, but it's setup for any kind of discussion in case people want to have it. I also have bots setup to post tweets from certain accounts into appropriate channels (DelReyStarWars in books-and-comics, EAStarWars in games, etc.) to keep people updated. I'm also up to making changes just so that they are there for people to use if they wanted it.

I would also like to find a way (if possible) to easily verify if a new member to the channel has an Era account just to avoid trolls if that were to ever happen.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep!

[Hidden content]

It's not really active which I never expected it to be, but it's setup for any kind of discussion in case people want to have it. I also have bots setup to post tweets from certain accounts into appropriate channels (DelReyStarWars in books-and-comics, EAStarWars in games, etc.) to keep people updated. I'm also up to making changes just so that they are there for people to use if they wanted it.

I would also like to find a way (if possible) to easily verify if a new member to the channel has an Era account just to avoid trolls if that were to ever happen.
I use it as a Star Wars twitter news feed personally haha.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep!

[Hidden content]

Whoo, thanks! Joined.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Why do so many people think Han and Leia split up a few years after Return of the Jedi instead of five years prior to The Force Awakens, that Ben Solo was a little boy when Luke probed his mind instead of a grown man in his mid twenties, and that Luke had been in exile for nearly a decade and purposefully left behind a map for people to find him and not just a map to the first Jedi Temple?

The understanding people have of the simple backstory to the events of the sequel trilogy is a mess.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many people think Han and Leia split up a few years after Return of the Jedi instead of five years prior to The Force Awakens, that Ben Solo was a little boy when Luke probed his mind instead of a grown man in his mid twenties, and that Luke had been in exile for nearly a decade and purposefully left behind a map for people to find him and not just a map to the first Jedi Temple?

The understanding people have of the simple backstory to the events of the sequel trilogy is a mess.
Because the films are very vague about it. I don't remember "five years" being mentioned for example.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Because the films are very vague about it. I don't remember "five years" being mentioned for example.
Well, TFA's dialogue pretty directly implies that they split around the time Ben went bad:
HAN
There was nothing we could've done.
(hard for him to say)
There was too much Vader in him.

LEIA
That's why I wanted him to train
with Luke. I just never should have
sent him away. That's when I lost
him. That's when I lost you both.

HAN
We both had to deal with it in our
own way. I went back to the only
thing I was ever good at.

LEIA
We both did.

Wookieepedia doesn't have a specific date for the destruction of Luke's temple, just that it happened one to six years prior to TFA.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need a soundboard button with McDiarmid saying "roll it again" for roleplaying games and other tabletop games where players roll dice.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine we're looking closer to 2 hours really. I mean, there's probably more music written than used. Alt pieces, options?

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
So many things must be explained and introduced in this movie. I mean we even have new characters, we have the whole "Palpatine is back" thing and etc. 2 hours is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.