• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
TFA was 2 hours and 7 minutes (without credits) and TLJ was 2 hours and 23.5 minutes long (without credits).

I'm thinking TROS is ten or so minutes longer than TLJ.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Oh boy. Granted, not all of the music John writes will end up in the final score, but even so, this is at least pushing 2.5 hours... assuming there's fifteen/twenty minutes of film with no music? It's probably much more than that.

Or JJ is fucking around with the edit again and John has to stretch himself for coverage. I think he composed three hours of music for TFA, but that movie was in constant flux. Hopefully that's not the case here.

EDIT: Don says John is bringing back every motif from his previous scores. He specifically mentions Leia, Yoda, Vader, and "Phantom," which I assume is a nod to Duel of the Fates. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
TROS will be 2 minutes long, just a short clip of Robert Iger apologizing for RUINING YOUR CHILDHOOD.

It will still make more then a billion.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Duel of the Fates will play when it's revealed that Qi'ra is Rey's mom and Darth Maul is her father.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
"According to Don Williams, brother of John Williams, The Rise of Skywalker will be about 2hrs 15mins long"

I hope it's longer than that...

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Also worth noting that Don is totally unambiguous about every theme returning in Episode IX.

I don't believe him, but it fits JJ's idea of IX uniting all its predecessors. Are we gonna hear Jar Jar's theme in 2019? Probably not. Will we get a small refrain of Across the Stars? Very likely yes. More representation of prequel music in general would be highly appreciated.

"According to Don Williams, brother of John Williams, The Rise of Skywalker will be about 2hrs 15mins long"

I hope it's longer than that...
None of these movies are scored front-to-back. The ratio of film that is scored v. not scored is higher in Star Wars than virtually any other movie franchise, but it's still not 100%. The first Harry Potter film is 2 hours 40 minutes, and of that John scored 2 hours and 10 minutes (plus five or six minutes of unused music). That movie is long and it has a lot of fucking music. I'm not saying TROS will line up with that, but unless this is a TFA situation the runtime will exceed the length of the score. (TLJ probably doesn't even have two hours of music.)

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine:

Finn, Poe, and Rey are walking the ruins of the second Death Star. Quietness and then they hear a faint laugh. And then:

And then:
palpatine-from-the-star-wars-animated-series.png

DefenselessQualifiedAtlasmoth-size_restricted.gif

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
All of my usual SW hype has me going back and playing random Star Wars games. I have EA access and realize I've never played the old Force Unleashed games for more than like 20 minutes.

Are they worth giving a shot?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
All of my usual SW hype has me going back and playing random Star Wars games. I have EA access and realize I've never played the old Force Unleashed games for more than like 20 minutes.

Are they worth giving a shot?

Yes, just play on Easy so you can capitalize on the games' true potential as Stormtrooper-flinging simulators.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So the trademark being registered was posted as a reply on reddit and after researching I couldn't find anything regarding that. The only thing I could find was a the story of fake production company being registered in the U.K. awhile back, E&E, which is supposed to be a codename for the crew working on the RJ trilogy:
Just seems like speculation that E&E would be the production company for RJ's trilogy. Since we now know that D&D's first movie will be the one out in 2022, seems more likely that E&E would be linked to that?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if formula money liked TLJ?

Because big news for them might mean that RJ stopped working on his trilogy.

🤔🌚

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if formula money liked TLJ?

Because big news for them might mean that RJ stopped working on his trilogy.

🤔🌚

Not just big news, but very good news:

Of course, depending on your view of TLJ, cancelling Rian's trilogy and banning him from Hollywood for life could be seen as very good news!

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
The Kindle version of Queen's Shadow is on sale for 99 cents today at Amazon.
This along with many of the other YA Star Wars novels, doesn't have a Kindle version on Amazon UK, it's so frustrating not having access to so many Star Wars books. I emailed Egmont (who cover a lot of them, such as Ahsoka, Leia: Princess of Alderaan, Lost Stars, etc.) in November last year and they completely blanked me.

Oct 27, 2017
Random question but do you guys think its possible for TROS to in anyway "fix" the fandom (depending on its quality)? I feel like since TLJ the Star Wars discourse has been (for me) completely toxic to the point that its almost impossible to engage with any online convos about these movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.