• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no indication that Filoni plans on abandoning the animated shows (and his beloved VAs like Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka) just to go into live action. We also have persistent rumors that Filoni and Favreau are doing an animated show together.
No no i didn't mean he would be completely abandoning cartoons, sorry. Just that their show would be.

And Ashley Eckstein could (and should be) cast as the live action Ahsoka. (i said in another thread, that i think all of the Ghost crew could play the live action version of their characters)
Every once in a while, Star Wars news will drop and I'll be reminded that I hate the Star Wars fandom
Ohh god. What happened now. ?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The official Twitter account is now trolling me by posting a bunch of pictures from the Star Wars portion of today's presentation, but all zoomed in so you can't see the pictures behind the cast.

Show me Zorii, dammit! I know that's her back there!

And what is that picture behind Oscar Isaac? Is it this:

0qcqRoD.png

Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm right there with you! I'm still freaking out over the 2.5 seconds of footage we got yesterday lol.

Where's Adam Driver?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Something odd about that poster...it kinda looks like a Rebels poster than a movie one? Like all the characters, especially Palpatine, look like 3D cartoony models.

Also, I never got the impression that Daisy did not like TLJ? The most negative/annoyed I've heard of her feeling toward that movie is people coming up to her in Starbucks and shit to complain about it lol
I'm not saying she hated it or anything, but if you look at TFA/TLJ/TROS interviews, she was NOT hyped for TLJ, it's pretty obvious.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, it sounds like this thing dropping tomorrow is some sort of teaser trailer and not a BTS? I'm surprised it has not leaked yet.

Jun 12, 2019
vision vs sight. I don't think they had to remove it cause spoiler but simply assumed it was just a vision. Now I bet it is some sort of vision (of the possible future?) for of course nobody believes Rey really goes dark, lol, they even gave her Thor powers this time around so doubling down on most powerful Light Force User ever.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
vision vs sight. I don't think they had to remove it cause spoiler but simply assumed it was just a vision. Now I bet it is some sort of vision (of the possible future?) for of course nobody believes Rey really goes dark, lol, they even gave her Thor powers this time around so doubling down on most powerful Light Force User ever.
How is throwing a lightsaber and then calling it back associated with her being "the most powerful light force user ever"?

Didn't the jedi in the prequel era do that all the time?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup.

But maybe thats all star wars should be? Simple bliss like TFA? ... I hope not.

Agreed.

I loved TFA but TLJ is SW growing up and I think even some of the cast had a difficult time reconciling that. TLJ is the most character-driven SW film ever made; that's primarily all it is, with the surrounding conflicts used to give each character a chance to grow and make crucial decisions.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys The Last Jedi is a great movie, the stuff revolving around Luke, Rey, and Kylo are some of the best stuff in the series. I'm a bit colder on a bit of the resistance plot line (I think the flow of it all could have taken another pass, and the audience should have known of Leia/Holdo's plan before Poe did.)

However it just doesn't tickle my Star Wars pleasure receptors like TFA and TROS probably will.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Did we know that Disney kinda stealth released a still from Episode IX when they announced their big movie schedule a couple of months ago? Here's the picture from their announcement:

Mpj1yED.jpg

Despite appearances, it is not, technically, from the trailer. There's a very similar shot, but this still appears to come from earlier in it than what is in the trailer. Here's what that shot looks like in the trailer:

efAOKqi.jpg

So ends today's episode of "Oozer's Pedantic Star Wars Minute." Apologies if you all already knew this and I'm just a dummy.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Did we know that Disney kinda stealth released a still from Episode IX when they announced their big movie schedule a couple of months ago? Here's the picture from their announcement:

Mpj1yED.jpg

Despite appearances, it is not, technically, from the trailer. There's a very similar shot, but this still appears to come from earlier in it than what is in the trailer. Here's what that shot looks like in the trailer:

efAOKqi.jpg

So ends today's episode of "Oozer's Pedantic Star Wars Minute." Apologies if you all already knew this and I'm just a dummy.

For what it's worth, I did not know that. Wonder how long they'll hold on that shot in the final film.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, this still is months old, and posted on Era as well. I remember using it in other places. It's a really beautiful still, and I hope it ends up in the final movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.