• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some kind of redemption is coming for Ben. No shit it is Star Wars. Get ticky tack all you want with your definitions of forgiveness, redemption, atonement, whatever, something along those lines is happening to Ben.

Oct 28, 2017
Ben is the son of Han and Leia, the nephew of Luke Skywalker and the co-protagonist in what is now being called the Skywalker Saga. Redemption of some kind is a given

Also, Rey and Ben fighting together was the best moment in TLJ. With Palpatine seemingly returning as the new Big Bad there is no way they don't repeat that TLJ team-up in TROS

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Has anyone else read Age Of Resistance - Supreme Leader Snoke. Certainly feels like they are building up a Ben Solo redemption.

EDIT - just noticed someone else mentioned it on the previous page.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kylo redemption is fine. I thought the more contentious point was whether Kylo should survive Episode IX. IMO he might redeem himself but he will die one way or another to atone for his sins.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I felt like Episode VIII ended with him being a pitiful monster that couldn't be saved because he didn't want to be - but you do have Luke's line "no one is ever really gone." I'll just have to try and look past him murdering dozens (if not more) children and peers and allowing planets with billions of people to blow up if they go that way. He could "finally" do the right thing like Vader did, but it would be sketch if he just got to live happily ever after. <_<

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
JJ is going to give us Force Ghost Wide Ground isn't he

He's gunna drop the ball and redeem him fully, my fears are becoming realized

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I peeked at that Comixology site and the release slate for the comics for the remaining weeks until the movie is out and yeah, I will be buying the 8 or 9 good looking issues that'll be out. I think I'll have to do the Comixology Unlimited trial , get one month free and maybe pay for a second month, to finally get caught up on at least some of the Dr. Aprha stuff too.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If he lives and Reylo is a thing, I'll never forgive JJ

Also I really hope Palp surviving being turned into space dust before the DS explosion doesn't become canon.

Dude got blown up twice in a place with no atmosphere

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural
Yeah

That would be the worst retcon in SW history

So I hope it's not just "here I am, in the flesh, I used the dark side to survive two explosions in the middle of space and floated back in my Force Bubble of Protection tm in search of a new Sith home"

I mean come the fuck on. Dude died on screen twice.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah

That would be the worst retcon in SW history

So I hope it's not just "here I am, in the flesh, I used the dark side to survive two explosions in the middle of space and floated back in my Force Bubble of Protection tm in search of a new Sith home"

I mean come the fuck on. Dude died on screen twice.
yes i agree that him being back in the flesh just straight up without like cloning or possession or force world between worlds shit, that would be bad. I'm hoping it's sort of like a Horcrux situation, or force relic possession kind of thing

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's this ring Snoke's wearing that seems to be featured so prominently in the Snoke comic?

From the TLJ visual dictionary:
5a3cfa9c1c9ff-Anello-Snoke

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I really hope we get a flash back sequence with Snoke talking to Palp in some way, if it makes sense for the story
yes i agree that him being back in the flesh just straight up without like cloning or possession or force world between worlds shit, that would be bad. I'm hoping it's sort of like a Horcrux situation, or force relic possession kind of thing
Time travel or Horcruxs make WAY more sense than Force Bubble of Protection. Please.. no cloning nonsense.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we get a flash back sequence with Snoke talking to Palp in some way, if it makes sense for the story

Time travel or Horcruxs make WAY more sense than Force Bubble of Protection. Please.. no cloning nonsense.

Snoke's apparent obsession with Vader would lead me to believe that he's not connected to Palpatine but who knows.

Oct 28, 2017
Palps didn't give two shits about Vader huh? The entire PT is about how he groomed him to be his apprentice.

"Darth Vader will be more powerful than either of us."

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just read the Snoke one shot and
I'm convinced that Snoke was either some how controlled by the Emperor, or some kind of clone of the Emperor

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell did he bother getting some stone from the catacombs beneath Darth Vader's castle lol
capture3wjbi.jpg

my guess is that the stone is a part of this rock pedestal thing that was featured in the darth vader comics. part of a focusing chamber that allowed vader to open a door to some sort of vision deal where he saw visions of his past. a little "world between worlds"-y

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Palps didn't give two shits about Vader huh? The entire PT is about how he groomed him to be his apprentice.

Both the PT and OT show how little he actually cares about anything or anyone. Anakin Skywalker was used as a pawn from day 1. He has no personal attachment to Vader whatsoever. As soon as he got old he looked to replace him with Luke.

He literally told Luke to kill Vader so he can take his place at his (Palp's) side dude lol

Oct 28, 2017
Both the PT and OT show how little he actually cares about anything or anyone. Anakin Skywalker was used as a pawn from day 1. He has no personal attachment to Vader whatsoever. As soon as he got old he looked to replace him with Luke.

He literally told Luke to kill Vader so he can take his place at his (Palp's) side dude lol

Yes, I'm aware that he did that. But he "cared" about Vader in the sense that he recognized his power and potential. Same reason Snoke has use for Ben Solo, his mighty Skywalker blood. That's what I mean when I say he "cared." I never suggested he actually had feelings for him.

Thus, I see no inconsistency between Sidious wanting Vader and Snoke wanting Ben

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017

Sidious just wants a super powerful lackey, that's all that line means. As soon as he realises he can replace Vader with Luke, that becomes his new goal.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But to me it seems like Snoke actually legitimately reveres Vader (hence the ring). That wouldn't make sense if him and Vader were both just Palpatine's lackeys.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes, I'm aware that he did that. But he "cared" about Vader in the sense that he recognized his power and potential. Same reason Snoke has use for Ben Solo, his mighty Skywalker blood. That's what I mean when I say he "cared." I never suggested he actually had feelings for him.

Thus, I see no inconsistency between Sidious wanting Vader and Snoke wanting Ben
That's not what caring for someone means though. He cared about power, that's all.

So "he cared about Vader" is just incorrect.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
But to me it seems like Snoke actually legitimately reveres Vader (hence the ring). That wouldn't make sense if him and Vader were both just Palpatine's lackeys.
Just like Palpatine, he reveres power and the ability to use it, not Vader himself. If we look at the TLJ script:
Snoke: Hmm. The mighty Kylo Ren. When I found you, I saw what all masters live to see: Raw, untamed power... and beyond that, something truly special. The potential of your bloodline. A new Vader. Now, I fear I was mistaken.

Palpatine: UNNNNNNLIMMMMITUUUUUD POOOOOOOOOOOWER!!!!!

They quite literally have the same motivation. They are masters, not servants. They both idolize what Vader stood for, a feared and powerful symbol in which can be manipulate to their will.

Snoke wears a ring on his finger, opposed to literally worshiping Vader's mask and his being.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This brings up a good question though. Did he really believe Vader would surpass him when he said that to Yoda?

RavenGear

Oct 27, 2017
Just like Palpatine, he reveres power, not Vader himself. If we look at the TLJ script:

They quite literally have the same motivation. They are masters, not servants. They both idolize what Vader stood for, a feared and powerful symbol they can use and manipulate to their will.
On a different note, Andy Serkis performance as Snoke is greatly underrated. It feels sacrilegious to say but I think TLJ handles the dark side master and apprentice dynamic better than RotJ.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It would be interesting to reveal that Snoke and Palp were going at it behind the scenes in an attempt to take control of the galaxy.

Remember what Yoda said (can't believe I'm quoting the PT): there is always a master an apprentice, no more or less.

Meaning Snoke and Palp can't coexist together. I suspect they had a huge conflict behind the scenes.
On a different note, Andy Serkis performance as Snoke is greatly underrated.
Absolutely.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be interesting to reveal that Snoke and Palp were going at it behind the scenes in an attempt to take control of the galaxy.

Remember what Yoda said (can't believe I'm quoting the PT): there is always a master an apprentice, no more or less.

Meaning Snoke and Palp can't coexist together. I suspect they had a huge conflict behind the scenes.

But I thought it was stated that Snoke was not affiliated with the Sith (also says so in the visual dictionary). I guess they can retcon that if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.