• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Art_03.png

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the Rey comic is pretty great. The scene with Leia he mentions is a pretty essential book-end to the events of TFA.

I had low expectations for a "side trip" in-between scenes, but the entire thing is pretty clever in how it draws upon Rey's established strengths.

Jun 12, 2019
It's fine but if they don't use their CGI magic, or whatever they do to keep Leia alive in TROS, for a big emotional scene with Ben, it's gonna be a waste. That's a money shot right there.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yup, the Rey comic is pretty great. The scene with Leia he mentions is a pretty essential book-end to the events of TFA.

I had low expectations for a "side trip" in-between scenes, but the entire thing is pretty clever in how it draws upon Rey's established strengths.
This is awesome to hear. Can't wait to read this. You had me at Rey
Really gonna miss the potential a Leia/Rey relationship could have had in episode IX

:(
Sounds like some stuff they filmed from TFA might check this box in EP9.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you watched til the end of this week's Star Wars Show you'll see that Mar (the fan who live tweeted her first watch of the films) got to tour Lucasfilm.

Of course it's Star Wars so we can't enjoy that:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Since he's the leader of the Knights of Ren, I'd hope the awaits and more figurative than literal. TLJ giving us a lead-esque heavy hint that they were Luke's former students is really fucking cool and it makes the night that Kylo "killed" Luke that much more interesting.

Rian left some wiggle room there so JJ could go in a different way if he wanted but it'll be a bummer if he did.

Oct 28, 2017
Since he's the leader of the Knights of Ren, I'd hope the awaits and more figurative than literal. TLJ giving us a lead-esque heavy hint that they were Luke's former students is really fucking cool and it makes the night that Kylo "killed" Luke that much more interesting.

Rian left some wiggle room there so JJ could go in a different way if he wanted but it'll be a bummer if he did.
I hope they are not Luke's students. Luke failed fucking big time if half his students became Knights of Ren hahahah

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they are not Luke's students. Luke failed fucking big time if half his students became Knights of Ren hahahah
That's what I mean by it makes that night way more interesting.

What the hell did Kylo do to get those students to join him? I can imagine there being factions where some, I dunno, believed Kylo and some didn't and they killed each other. Or maybe Kylo Jedi mind tricked them.

I dunno, there's so many interesting takes to what happened there if the Knights of Ren are Luke's students.

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I mean by it makes that night way more interesting.

What the hell did Kylo do to get those students to join him? I can imagine there being factions where some, I dunno, believed Kylo and some didn't and they killed each other. Or maybe Kylo Jedi mind tricked them.

I dunno, there's so many interesting takes to what happened there if the Knights of Ren are Luke's students.
I don't think Kylo killed those students. I think we're gonna learn that

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"Oh jeez guys, I think I killed Luke. I'll get you guys some pizza 'cus I'm real sorry and stuff"

C0ESF6L.gif

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if Luke's students were all Sheev clones? Sheev is really good at hiding his Sithness right in front of Jedi masters. Maybe Luke was fooled.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Like, I'd like to sit down in person with one of those people and just ask them why the fuck do they care about stupid shit like this? You have to go out of your way to be pissed off by this. Why make yourself so miserable over stuff that means anything?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It needs work but:
1.) I def think this needs to be the title
2.) I'm def going to make this into a shirt for Celebration next year

38db59ab1be7b7cd77a10e64fae09890.png

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see someone watch Star Wars for the first time in a completely nonsensical order. Like, TLJ, RO, RotS, TPM, RotJ, Solo, ESB, TFA, AotC, ANH.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we have descriptions for Marvel's new Star Wars comics coming out in December: https://comicspit.com/2019/09/18/marvel-comics-december-2019-solicitations/

STAR WARS SAGA #1
Written by JESS HARROLD
Penciled by VARIOUS
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY & MORE
As the stage is set for the next great chapter in Marvel's exploration of the galaxy far, far away, get caught up on the story so far! This special issue celebrates all the action, drama and fan-favorite characters — both classic and brand new — that define Jason Aaron, Kieron Gillen and Greg Pak's STAR WARS runs! From Luke Skywalker's earliest confrontations with Darth Vader, to the Rebel Alliance's furious clashes with a resurgent Empire…from the introduction of Han Solo's "wife" Sana Starros, to the debut of the ruthless elite Stormtrooper unit known as SCAR Squadron…from the devastation of the "Hope Dies" storyline to the Scourging of Shu-Torun…the STAR WARS SAGA is packed with major moments in the lives of rebels and rogues alike! Featuring stunning artwork from a host of incredible talents, plus exciting extras! Reserve your copy today!

STAR WARS: EMPIRE ASCENDANT #1
CHARLES SOULE, GREG PAK, SIMON SPURRIER & ETHAN SACKS
LUKE ROSS, ROLAND BOSCHI & MORE (A)
COVER BY RICCARDO FEDERICI
Star Wars Greatest Moments Variant Cover by MICHAEL GOLDEN
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
VARIANT COVER BY PATCH ZIRCHER
VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
DESTINED FOR HOTH!
• Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa and smuggler Han Solo have have struck blow after winning blow against the Empire. The Rebels are digging in their defenses on the remote ice world of Hoth but how long will they truly be safe from their many enemies?
• Darth Vader will stop at nothing to crush the rebels but his efforts to locate their new base have been in vain. Will the dark side of the Force guide him to the missing rebels and to young Skywalker or mire the dark lord in the conflicts of his past?
• Despite a life riddled with treachery and destruction, Doctor Aphra has found a family (of sorts). Former Imperial inspector Magna Tolvan and Aphra's young ward Vulaada will have to face the struggles of a life of rebellion…while Aphra reckons with her legacy.
• Former Imperial loyalist turned cyborg bounty hunter BEILERT VALANCE is taking on a dangerous new mission. And the lives of the entire Rebellion—including his old buddy HAN SOLO's—are at stake should he fail!
56 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T …$5.99

Interesting to note that Doctor Aphra seems to ending? Did we know this? And part of Empire Ascendant seems to cap it off on top of the main run?

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #40
SI SPURRIER • CASPAR WIJNGAARD (A)
COVER BY ASHLEY WITTER
STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
A ROGUE'S END, Part 4
• All good things must come to an end. Unfortunately, so must all evil things. And probably also all things somewhere-in-the-middle-it's-complicated.
• Renegade archaeologist DOCTOR APHRA has been outrunning fate far longer than anyone dared hope. But her time is finally up. DARTH VADER stalks her through the shadows of an ancient temple, and this time?
• Only one of them will be leaving in one piece.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we have descriptions for Marvel's new Star Wars comics coming out in December: https://comicspit.com/2019/09/18/marvel-comics-december-2019-solicitations/

STAR WARS SAGA #1
Written by JESS HARROLD
Penciled by VARIOUS
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY & MORE
As the stage is set for the next great chapter in Marvel's exploration of the galaxy far, far away, get caught up on the story so far! This special issue celebrates all the action, drama and fan-favorite characters — both classic and brand new — that define Jason Aaron, Kieron Gillen and Greg Pak's STAR WARS runs! From Luke Skywalker's earliest confrontations with Darth Vader, to the Rebel Alliance's furious clashes with a resurgent Empire…from the introduction of Han Solo's "wife" Sana Starros, to the debut of the ruthless elite Stormtrooper unit known as SCAR Squadron…from the devastation of the "Hope Dies" storyline to the Scourging of Shu-Torun…the STAR WARS SAGA is packed with major moments in the lives of rebels and rogues alike! Featuring stunning artwork from a host of incredible talents, plus exciting extras! Reserve your copy today!

So... a clip show.

STAR WARS: EMPIRE ASCENDANT #1
CHARLES SOULE, GREG PAK, SIMON SPURRIER & ETHAN SACKS
LUKE ROSS, ROLAND BOSCHI & MORE (A)
COVER BY RICCARDO FEDERICI
Star Wars Greatest Moments Variant Cover by MICHAEL GOLDEN
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
VARIANT COVER BY PATCH ZIRCHER
VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
DESTINED FOR HOTH!
• Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa and smuggler Han Solo have have struck blow after winning blow against the Empire. The Rebels are digging in their defenses on the remote ice world of Hoth but how long will they truly be safe from their many enemies?
• Darth Vader will stop at nothing to crush the rebels but his efforts to locate their new base have been in vain. Will the dark side of the Force guide him to the missing rebels and to young Skywalker or mire the dark lord in the conflicts of his past?
• Despite a life riddled with treachery and destruction, Doctor Aphra has found a family (of sorts). Former Imperial inspector Magna Tolvan and Aphra's young ward Vulaada will have to face the struggles of a life of rebellion…while Aphra reckons with her legacy.
• Former Imperial loyalist turned cyborg bounty hunter BEILERT VALANCE is taking on a dangerous new mission. And the lives of the entire Rebellion—including his old buddy HAN SOLO's—are at stake should he fail!
56 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T …$5.99

Another Screaming Citadel-style crossover?

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #40
SI SPURRIER • CASPAR WIJNGAARD (A)
COVER BY ASHLEY WITTER
STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
A ROGUE'S END, Part 4
• All good things must come to an end. Unfortunately, so must all evil things. And probably also all things somewhere-in-the-middle-it's-complicated.
• Renegade archaeologist DOCTOR APHRA has been outrunning fate far longer than anyone dared hope. But her time is finally up. DARTH VADER stalks her through the shadows of an ancient temple, and this time?
• Only one of them will be leaving in one piece.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

I am weirdly filled with dread at the prospect of them finally offing Aphra. She's had a pretty good arc, all said.

yes, yes, in all likelihood, this will actually end with Aphra just barely squeaking out of there and going to ground for a few years, with post-RoTJ sequel series coming in 2022

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Lucasfilm regarding Empire Ascendant:

Star Wars: Empire Ascendant #1 finds the Rebel Alliance — Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo among them — building up Echo Base on the ice planet of Hoth while Darth Vader tries to locate the headquarters in vain. In addition to acting as an epilogue to the Star Wars flagship comic run, which followed the continuing adventures of our heroes after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, the special one-shot will also address the fates of Doctor Aphra and Beilert Valance.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
TIL that Bea Arthur's character from The Holiday Special has been recanonized.

The character of Ackmena first appeared in 1978, during The Star Wars Holiday Special, where she was played by Bea Arthur.[7] Her first mention in canon was in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations,[1] and she finally made an appearance in the short story "The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper" from the 2017 short-story anthology From a Certain Point of View.[8]
Ackmena was homosexual, and took a wife named Sorschi, with whom she lived with out on the Delkin Ridge.[3]

swths-bea.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.