• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trash marketing altogether.

giphy.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Cassian show is used to incorporate what could have been Solo 2 ideas, with Enfys Nest, Maul/Crimson Dawn, etc. A show just about a pre-Rogue One Cassian Andor doesn't sound especially interesting (though I could be wrong!) but think it would make for a good umbrella for 'Age of Empire' stories in general.

I also hope that these other shows in the works for D+ are set in the ROTJ/TFA gap or, god forbid, the TLJ/TROS gap. I don't need any more content about the 'Dark Times' just like I don't need any more Clone Wars stuff. Break open these three decades between the OT and ST. Fill in some gaps about the rebuilding of the Republic, the Empire on the run, the emergence of the First Order, et al. The Mandalorian might fill in some of that, but given that he's meant to exist on the edges then I don't think it'll really tackle these bigger developments much if at all.

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah, same with RO and Solo. I have no clue what comradedyaltov is complaining about.

I've no clue what you are talking about. RO trailer is heavy on exposition, tells you very clear outline of the story:

Empire reigns. Made a secret weapon. Good guys have a chance to destroy it. Gather a team. Very clear. What's TROS about again, aside destiny whatever that means?

They use 2 types of marketing, some less some more revealing. I just think that TROS would be more effective with more revealing. The rumored opening for the trailer that didn't open the trailer (even though the scene is in the movie) would have blown minds and actually establish a hook.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I've no clue what you are talking about. RO trailer is heavy on exposition, tells you very clear outline of the story:

Empire reigns. Made a secret weapon. Good guys have a chance to destroy it. Gather a team. Very clear. What's TROS about again, aside destiny whatever that means?

They use 2 types of marketing, some less some more revealing. I just think that TROS would be more effective with more revealing. The rumored opening for the trailer that didn't open the trailer (even though the scene is in the movie) would have blown minds and actually establish a hook.

What does revealing anything in the TROS trailer give you? Fucking everybody is going to see it regardless.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that it was announced so early.
Do they even have scripts done yet?
They did but Lucasfilm apparently didn't like them, so Tony Gilroy was brought in to retool the show.

Gilroy is apparently the only man in Hollywood who can crack Cassian Andor lol

I dunno. There is a Showrunner. I'm sure we get Mando s2 before Cassian.
Cassian series wasn't meant to drop until 2021 anyway. But it's likely we'll get Obi-Wan (which has scripts done and shooting dates in place) before it now too.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If it hasn't already been mentioned, Kenobi starts filming in July. Mandalorian S2 should be fall 2020.

I really wouldn't care if Cassian was cancelled.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What is up with the weird obsessive criticism of Finn screaming REY? Does it really bother people that much lol.

Loved it in the trailer, was a nice callback to TFA too.

Like, yeah, the trailers for the last Skywalker episode are going to be purposefully vague. What were you expecting?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aphra Annual #3 and Aphra #38 were good. I'm so curious how this will "end."

Vader still seeing the ghosts of his past and Aphra overhearing his "lost boy" comment...hmmmmmmm

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm a class next to me has a SW movie playing. Wow. Sounds like the teacher is doing a lesson on it, pausing it and lecturing.

Is it sad that by the score I'll instantly know which of the 8 films it is

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
this has nothing to do with chemistry but choice of scenes and how they are edited. None of them supports the theme of friendship, let alone friendship with 3PO (central quote of the trailer) while at the same time Rey herself dismises that her selfie buddies know shit about her. if that isn't mess I don't know what is.

Moreover, chemsitry and genuine friendship are too different things and these characters are barely friends on screen and even 3 teasers couldn't find friendship moments to use, so my guess is that they indeed go around as a group while emotional moments are between Rey and Kylo, Finn and Jannah and whatever other combination that actually supports character arc.

MagicHobo

As someone who has also read the spoilers, I can tell you are indeed inferring and analyzing the trailer from that point of view. You are projecting what you think should be the focus of the trailer and not actually analyzing it from the point of view of someone who knows nothing of the movie.

Indeed, the trailer doesn't give much plot away. None, beside Palpatine returning and Rey having to go up against him, while also the main characters are coming together (a theme emphasized by Palpatine's voiceover) after being separated in TLJ. It also aludes to a final confrontation between the good guys and the bad.

That's all it really needs to be. And that little obsession with Finn's "Reey" scream is starting to be hilarious. In this trailer, we don't really know why Finn is screaming that, at all. You just think it's useless because you've bought into the idea of the Rey Mary Sue.

Honestly, your entire "analysis" is dripping with contempt and biases.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Here's the full schedule -

• Episode 1: Tuesday, November 12
  • Episode 2: Friday, November 15
  • Episode 3: Friday, November 22
  • Episode 4: Friday, November 29
  • Episode 5: Friday, December 6
  • Episode 6: Friday, December 13
  • Episode 7: Wednesday, December 18
  • Episode 8: Friday, December 27

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
And don't get me started on Finnhotep's hysterical REYYYYY that serves no prupose but pretend that there are stakes and that Rey the Mighty Lifter of 1000 Heavy Boulders, who defeated Kylo when she had ZERO training, and who is shown as even more powerful and trained in this very trailer (not to mention her acrobatic attack on Kylo's TIE in the teaser), could be - gasp - in grave danger of being defeated by Kylo! LfuckinOfuckinL. Finn yelling REYYYY is not a genuine concern for Boulder Lifter's safety. It's typical plot acting like there are stakes where there are none. Finn obivously cannot keep up with her acrobatics so he's stuck somewhere on DS since she summersault'd her way further where he couldn't follow. She doesn't need his help now just like she didn't need it in TFA and TLJ. She's proven far more capable than he so he should have learned by now that she doesn't need anyone. So this is not a character moment but, as I said, phony way of saying "maybe this time Rey could lose" even though they doubpled down on showing her power and prowess which automatically kills any stake and suspense about the outcome of the duel.

Trash marketing altogether.
Rey is a Mary Sue

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for this. I like this way instead of releasing them all at once.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kinda interesting that the episode 7 is on a wednesday and it's in the same week as TROS.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought the last episode came out on December 18. I wished that was the case 'cus having the ending of The Mandalorian and then the next day being TROS would've been pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.