• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
It wasn't even that long ago that Rian re-confirmed that he's still working on it. I'm going to need a way more credible source to even consider that there's been a change.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to Star Wars rumors, if it doesn't come from Making Star Wars, you're probably safe to ignore it. They're really the only site with a solid track record. Everyone else is spotty at best.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
There is really no reason for Disney to cancel anything from RJ without seeing a script. Scripts are cheap in the grand scheme of things so they aren't out much by taking a wait and see attitude.

Now if RJ wanted to bail because he had zero desire to deal with more toxic Star Wars fandom then I would get that. But if he's still game it only makes sense to let him at least write a draft.

Plus, let's be real, it's not like D&D's work with GOT is getting a better reception from *that* fanbase.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If RJ's movies had gotten the axe, which I doubt, then I would lose all confidence in Disney and Lucasfilm because it would mean that 2 weeks after getting D&D and RJ together to talk about the next ten years, and then announcing 3 movies until 2026, then RJ's movies got cancelled. If you make those types of decisions in under 2 weeks then you're goddamn insane.

Which means that if RJ's movies were donzo, then they were donzo a while ago and RJ wouldn't have been in that meeting with D&D and KK 2 weeks ago.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Christopher Nolan Presents The Dark Jedi
tenor.gif

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fans who do fan films really are incapable of getting Star Wars.

Really great from a technical perspective....but that isn't Star Wars. It's a video game cinematic.
I was more impressed with this last year when it was just a short scene. It now feels overly long.

I must say though, the team (person?) behind this are crazy talented.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Fans who do fan films really are incapable of getting Star Wars I have noticed over the years. The only good ones are the comedy ones.

Really great from a technical perspective....but that isn't Star Wars. It's a video game cinematic.

I feel the exact same way, and felt like a crazy person reading the gushing over it online. Technically impressive and really well put together? Absolutely. But it has none of the tension to something like the Luke/Vader duel on Cloud City. Too flashy for its own good.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the exact same way, and felt like a crazy person reading the gushing over it online. Technically impressive and really well put together? Absolutely. But it has none of the tension to something like the Luke/Vader duel on Cloud City. Too flashy for its own good.
Yep. Really well put together and technically impressive but there is zero emotion. Zero tension. Its all flash.

The comments to the video are full of endless "THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED FROM LUKE IN THE TLJ FUCK YOU DISNEY" type comments of course.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Fans who do fan films really are incapable of getting Star Wars I have noticed over the years. The only good ones are the comedy ones.

Pretty much, as I pointed out in the thread for this video I'm impressed it wasn't shot in the woods like most lightsaber videos on YouTube

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a few weeks ago, I think there was a thread about Hamill talking about the same missed opportunity. It went as expected.

At least if one is made now, it'll be knocked off the front age quickly. Probably by someone asking, 'which Avenger spends the most time taking a dump in the morning?'

Edit: It was this one. https://www.resetera.com/threads/mark-hamill-once-again-expresses-unhappiness-with-new-'star-wars'-sequels.103442/

And, holy shit that thing went 35 pages. I bailed after about 5.

I'll admit, a part of me made that thread because I knew the shitstorm it would cause.

I did not expect for it go for 35 pages though.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nearly spat my drink when Vader punched.

Straight outta Snyder.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That fan made Obi-Wan and Darth Vader fight obviously goes too far in some spots, most notably the Force pushes and punching. That seems a bit too goofy.

They did, however, do a really good job making the Lightsabers feel heavy and brutal as all hell, which I enjoyed. Like, if someone fights in a small room with Lightsabers, then that mothafucka needs to be destroyed and onfire by the end of the fight.

It would've been honestly, genuinely great, if they had shown a bit of restraint. It's still the best fan Lightsaber duel I've seen, though.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That fan made Obi-Wan and Darth Vader fight obviously goes too far in some spots, most notably the Force pushes and punching. That seems a bit too goofy.

They did, however, do a really good job making the Lightsabers feel heavy and brutal as all hell, which I enjoyed. Like, if someone fights in a small room with Lightsabers, then that mothafucka needs to be destroyed and onfire by the end of the fight.

It would've been honestly, genuinely great, if they had shown a bit of restraint. It's still the best fan Lightsaber duel I've seen, though.
Technically it's impressive and I totally agree with the weight/feel of the sabers/fight in general (for the most part anyway) but they chose the wrong scene to rebuild a saber battle for. Obi/Vader didn't need a replacement, it just needed like one or two moments shot/touched up a little better. To upend the tone/feel/pacing of the film in that way is honestly comical.

Also the dialogue is stereotypically terrible.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Hmm... fam. The Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film of all time. I want Rian's trilogy as much as any sane Star Wars fan out there. I usually don't buy into Campea's "scoops". But let's take some things in consideration here:

Dude indeed has sources. He indeed broke the scoop that Affleck was out ages ago, when nobody believed him. I'm inclined to believe at the very least that this is indeed the GoT guys trilogy, instead of Rian's. I know that I don't post here often, but yeah, at face value this isn't good. The fact that any of the trade guys didn't came forward to debunk it either. Dude might be indeed an asshole if some rumors about him are true, but it's not like he doesn't have some legit sources. He does.

If RJ's movies had gotten the axe, which I doubt, then I would lose all confidence in Disney and Lucasfilm because it would mean that 2 weeks after getting D&D and RJ together to talk about the next ten years, and then announcing 3 movies until 2026, then RJ's movies got cancelled. If you make those types of decisions in under 2 weeks then you're goddamn insane.

Which means that if RJ's movies were donzo, then they were donzo a while ago and RJ wouldn't have been in that meeting with D&D and KK 2 weeks ago.
Unless if he still has input, but that isn't his trilogy any longer, but the GoT guys. I don't know, I have no trust whatsoever on the GoT guys, and I love Rian's vision to Star Wars to death. I don't think he is going away anytime soon, but based on Campea's current tracking record of very few and in between "scoops", I have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I'm quite sure that RJ is still working at least in some capacity.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... fam. The Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film of all time. I want Rian's trilogy as much as any sane Star Wars fan out there. I usually don't buy into Campea's "scoops". But let's take some things in consideration here:

Dude indeed has sources. He indeed broke the scoop that Affleck was out ages ago, when nobody believed him. I'm inclined to believe at the very least that this is indeed the GoT guys trilogy, instead of Rian's. I know that I don't post here often, but yeah, at face value this isn't good. The fact that any of the trade guys didn't came forward to debunk it either. Dude might be indeed an asshole if some rumors about him are true, but it's not like he doesn't have some legit sources. He does.

Unless if he still has input, but that isn't his trilogy any longer, but the GoT guys. I don't know, I have no trust whatsoever on the GoT guys, and I love Rian's vision to Star Wars to death. I don't think he is going away anytime soon, but based on Campea's current tracking record of very few and in between "scoops", I have to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I'm quite sure that RJ is still working at least in some capacity.

RJ and KK have confirmed plenty of times that RJ's trilogy is still on. They're not going to re-issue a statement every Friday.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the guy who insured Snoke was Plagueis in Force Awakens and waved art from an old EU novel of Plaguies on screen (which looks nothing like Snoke) and insisted it was actual production art from TFA.

He has no sources. No credibility. A complete joke. When it comes to Lucasfilm.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5fc35d4.png

MOD EDIT: tagged GOT Spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.