• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

They just mention the one film specifically.
I wonder if the 2024 film will be from Johnson, or if they will slot his films in the odd numbered years during a different month, and just haven't announced dates yet.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, RJ's movies are dead.

The dream was good while it lasted.

[edit]
Either RJ is now directing their movies, which would suck because I want him directing and writing or his movie is coming 2023 but then why not announce it? I thought for sure they would alternate but it seems like they don't want to do one each year anymore.

It's only a matter of time before we find out RJ is out.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
For all the doomsaying I'm seeing, you just know that tone's gonna change when the film ends up being an Old Republic-era joint with a distinct visual aesthetic

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, either Rian's trilogy starts in 2024 or it drops on dates in-between the D&D films that just haven't been announced yet. Otherwise, I'm not sure why Kennedy said just a month ago that Rian and D&D would be meeting soon to map out the next decade of Star Wars movies...unless the outcome of the meeting was to fire Rian and drop his films completely, lol

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a shame that Rian's films look like they are no more.

I'd love to know the reason.

Whatever it was, I hope it was not because of the Last Jedi reaction. It would be pretty pathetic if it was.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Guys RJ's stuff isn't dead. He said so as recently as a few months back. This is saying that the first film after EP9 will be D&D, they could alternate between their movies for all we know.
He will get redeemed because it happened in the other star wars, so it will happen in this one
This is a bad justification

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time we have officially heard of a third live action series for Disney+? I remember rumors but nothing official.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

AX5JmCO.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Now we've reached the point in that thread where people can't help themselves bring up the TLJ as a dig and acts like the sequel trilogy is trash.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt Rian say like 2 weeks ago he's still working on Star Wars
And didn't Kennedy say he's still working on Star Wars like 2 weeks before that?

Yall gotta relax

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
For all we know they're doing separate stand alone films and RJ is doing a trilogy. I think people need to relax.

Oct 25, 2017
For all we know they're doing separate stand alone films and RJ is doing a trilogy. I think people need to relax.

This is the internet. It turns grown men into acting like children. That thread was a tire fire from the first post. No actual discussion is going to be had, and now the thread is at the point people are bringing up the ST and TLJ unprompted to shit on it lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That avatar art is dope, where's it from?
Thanks, Cross-Section linked it from Twitter, it's fan art
This is the internet. It turns grown men into acting like children. That thread was a tire fire from the first post. No actual discussion is going to be had, and now the thread is at the point people are bringing up the ST and TLJ unprompted to shit on it lol.
Sigh.. yeah that thread is something else.

Convergence of D&D and RJ hatred. Just what we fucking needed.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The first KOTOR game is basically a recreation of the OT with some subversions added in and choice (and the setting being a thousand years in the past but only looking like it has only been one hundred or two hundred years at most.. but we'll let that slide) so I'm not really in a rush for it to be adapted into a movie. KOTOR II would be the interesting one but the storyline to that game, while acclaimed for being unique and well written, was divisive among fans and considered "too dark" for Star Wars. I'd do anything for a live action Kreia though.

I think the setting itself is good though and gives us the distance we need from the mainline saga.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
August 23rd-25th: If there was no Episode IX behind-the-scenes reel at Comic-Con, then it will be shown at Disney's D23 Expo. Otherwise nothing new for The Rise of Skywalker (they might throw a couple of stills to someone like Entertainment Weekly, but nothing major). But maybe the first publically released trailer for The Mandalorian. And possibly the first real hints at the movies from David Benioff/D.B. Weiss and Rian Johnson, including the chance Lucasfilm says who is doing the ones recently announced. We could also get a title for the Cassian Andor series and maybe an announcement of a third series or the release date of Clone Wars. Also, more toy reveals.

I (kinda/sorta/from a certain point of view) called it! I knew this news would come this year, I just thought it would take a little longer. Every site that isn't Making Star Wars can eat my dust! In lieu of thanks or praise, please just send money.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we do know from Kathy at Celebration that there is development being done for a Knights of the Old Republic film.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck are people jumping into "RJ films aren't happening"?

Sadly, because it makes sense knowing what we know now.

Let's look at the schedule:

Dec 2021: Avatar 2
Dec 2022: Star Wars D&D
Dec 2023: Avatar 3
Dec 2024: Star Wars 2
Dec 2025: Avatar 4
Dec 2026: Star Wars 3

We know Rian was working on a trilogy, we know D&D were on movies (but not announced as a trilogy, as has been reported). Now that we know the one in 2022 will be D&D's, where does the leave us? Does that mean that 2024's will be RJ's first? Assuming that it is, then D&D's second would then be in 2026. Then does that mean that the second part to RJ's trilogy would be in 2028? A full 4 years after his first?

At this point RJ and D&D's movies are one in the same or RJ is out.

It would've made sense to have D&D and RJ's movies alternating each year but they don't seem to want to do one each year anymore and instead will alternate with Avatar.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe DD and RJ films are alternating.
Or RJ films will get spring slots (or did something else get announced for those?).
Or it will be simply later.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe DD and RJ films are alternating.
Or RJ films will get spring slots (or did something else get announced for those?).
Or it will be simply later.
After Solo, there's no way they put another Star Wars film in the spring. All of this is happening because of Solo's performance, they want to stick to December.

And if it was coming later then, I dunno, I can't see RJ working on Star Wars until 2030 or something.

I'm one of the biggest RJ fanboys on here, it honestly feels like a kick in the balls for his movies to not happen, but there's no way we get a written and directed RJ trilogy anymore.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D&D trilogy, or whatever the hell it is, is gonna be prequel-tier.

Mark my words.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
After Solo, there's no way they put another Star Wars film in the spring. All of this is happening because of Solo's performance, they want to stick to December.

And if it was coming later then, I dunno, I can't see RJ working on Star Wars until 2030 or something.

I'm one of the biggest RJ fanboys on here, it honestly feels like a kick in the balls for his movies to not happen, but there's no way we get a written and directed RJ trilogy anymore.
I dunno why people are jumping to that conclusion when RJ has said himself he's still working on his own movies. This is only one film.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I know people aren't happy with this news, but I'll wait and see what the D&D guys do 1st since this could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.