• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like that idea. I definitely think the Inquisitors should be involved.

It would be silly not to. You can't have Vader show up again and the advantage of the Inquisitors is that there's a lot of them and whenever any die they're quickly replaced.

Honestly I'd love to see what happens to the Inquisitors. They're obviously not around any more in the last few years of the Empire (Vader would've just sent them to find Luke for him), so maybe Cal can be involved there somehow.

Would be pretty cool if Cal and Ahsoka teamed up to take out the Inquisitorius once and for all.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
It would be silly not to. You can't have Vader show up again and the advantage of the Inquisitors is that there's a lot of them and whenever any die they're quickly replaced.

Honestly I'd love to see what happens to the Inquisitors. They're obviously not around any more in the last few years of the Empire (Vader would've just sent them to find Luke for him), so maybe Cal can be involved there somehow.

Would be pretty cool if Cal and Ahsoka teamed up to take out the Inquisitorius once and for all.

I would play that. Some of them need to last until Rebels at least. And yeah, I want more Inquisitor content too.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would play that. Some of them need to last until Rebels at least. And yeah, I want more Inquisitor content too.

I was getting ahead of myself there. 🤣

I meant like in a third game set after Rebels but before Empire Strikes Back. It'd at least help explain why Ahsoka and Cal weren't helping the Rebellion against the Death Star (they were busy fighting the Inquisitors) and it'd also explain why Luke wasn't being hunted by Inquisitors in Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi.

curb

Oct 27, 2017

In some ways, this feels like more of a sequel to TLJ than TRoS but there's some stuff in there that I don't think would work all that well (I think Mortis is too out there for most people). I like it though and in a different universe, I think it could have made for a good movie.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
moMghy7.png

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Some more news about yesterdays Kenobi scare. Apparently Mcgregor has another Netflix show in the pipeline and there might have been scheduling conflicts. Still a production delay is infinitely better than a cancellation.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Man, I love Jedi: Fallen Order so much. It's the story-driven Star Wars game I was waiting for. I just found out they added a Photo Mode, so it's probably time for me to start a third playthrough...

When this song started playing in the intro, I knew this game was going to be special.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting ahead of myself there. 🤣

I meant like in a third game set after Rebels but before Empire Strikes Back. It'd at least help explain why Ahsoka and Cal weren't helping the Rebellion against the Death Star (they were busy fighting the Inquisitors) and it'd also explain why Luke wasn't being hunted by Inquisitors in Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi.

I would imagine Cal would move to a supporting position at some point. Maybe pull a Mysteries of the Sith and have him as the main character for a few missions and then a new character take over. Hell bring Mara Jade back. But that dynamic would allow for the player to start with all the Force powers, and then when the new character takes over you are back to leveling up.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine Cal would move to a supporting position at some point. Maybe pull a Mysteries of the Sith and have him as the main character for a few missions and then a new character take over. Hell bring Mara Jade back. But that dynamic would allow for the player to start with all the Force powers, and then when the new character takes over you are back to leveling up.

I hope they have a good plan for that. Going back to square one and rediscovering all of those powers in another game doesn't sound particularly enticing. However it's hard to imagine how they could let you carry forward the current power suite and then develop that through an another game since they already covered 95% of the known force powers.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for a Cal/Merrin dual-protagonist sort of setup, actually.
Yep, this absolutely should be it. Merrin would open up a whole new suite of powers that haven't been done before, maybe powers that aren't active fighting powers but open up new forms of traversal or environmental interaction. The clear option would be some stealth mechanics. You could even have her dive into some Jedi-ish powers as a way to start from zero and level up if they wanted.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I keep meaning to get back to Fallen Order but I just can't get into the combat. Never been a fan of games that focus on partying and what not so I'm just playing on the story mode difficulty lol.

Also it's sometimes an jaw dropping game on the One X (the opening part especially) and other times it looks like early gen. Definitely benefits in areas that are darker or nighttime.

*edit* parrying not partying lol.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
For the next Jedi Fallen Order game, just give us anybody but Cal, he was such a dry superficial character who thought he was the boss of everyone.

I... didn't really get Kestis as a leader by the end of the game. Or at least I don't buy it. He's not even particularly bossy. The end of the game has him doing what he'd been doing since the start - asking people what to do or where to go. I also take a bit of issue with the angry black woman thing, earlier she spoke about how the dark side traumatized her and it went back to that.

A lot of stuff in here is true though, for the life of me I'll never understand why he was so mad at Cere for not explaining who ninth was or what difference it makes. I also think that while I'm not as down on Cal as a lot of people, I'd rather have followed Trilla or at the very least have had more moments where Cal spent actual time with everyone. Also while I was hoping they'd destroy the holicron they didn't as much with criticizing the Jedi Order as they could have and there should have been a discussion about it.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Yep, this absolutely should be it. Merrin would open up a whole new suite of powers that haven't been done before, maybe powers that aren't active fighting powers but open up new forms of traversal or environmental interaction. The clear option would be some stealth mechanics. You could even have her dive into some Jedi-ish powers as a way to start from zero and level up if they wanted.

I'd be very down with playing as Merrin. Though I hope she gets her own saber or a saber whip like the old EU.

Oct 29, 2017
You didn't specify that you were talking about the model and the model is using her face... It's a shit thing to say.

Is that actress reading this forum? Quit being sensitive. It was a light jab at Respawns subpar character modeling.

But hey, plenty of people were complaining about Cal looking like a "generic, boring white dude," so I see where you're coming from.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't even look cool! That's star wars 101.

I loved her Jedi Master design and her actual story beats were fantastic. If I'm honest I think she did the whole "guilt-ridden Jedi closes themselves off from the Force" thing better than Luke, if only because she acknowledges she fucked up and still struggles with her failure and weakness.

Oct 29, 2017
I loved her Jedi Master design and her actual story beats were fantastic. If I'm honest I think she did the whole "guilt-ridden Jedi closes themselves off from the Force" thing better than Luke, if only because she acknowledges she fucked up and still struggles with her failure and weakness.

With the long hair? Yea she looked fly as fuck

I have to go back and watch all of the cutscenes with her in it again. My first impression rarely tends to be how I actually feel about a character, especially if I've only seen it once. I'm sure with some more actual thought put into it I'll come around. I tend to play most games high as fuck and as a result I dont remember key pieces/scenes that alter my view of that character.

It also doesnt help that I immediately started playing Outer Worlds right after, where characters like Parvati, Nyoka and Vicar Max are more compelling

ket

Jul 27, 2018
For the next Jedi Fallen Order game, just give us anybody but Cal, he was such a dry superficial character who thought he was the boss of everyone.

im not particularly committed to cal being the protag in JFO2 but man this article was a reach. so many factual inaccuracies (cal doesn't save trilla or the 9th sister, merrin's ppl were killed by general grievous not the empire, and he doesn't instantly convince merrin to go with him, she finds out on her own that malicos was lying about the jedi and she's antagonistic towards cal for most of his time of dathomir) and bad faith arguments (apparently cal, a jedi, telling cere to not use the dark side is "bad optics" because of the skin colors of the characters? Lol what).

i do agree with the idea that cal was being hypocritical about cere not telling him about her past trauma though.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this is why, even after TROS, I ultimately view the Sequels as a net gain for the franchise.

My daughter is now 7 and very much equates Rey as much a part of Star Wars as any other character.

Though I was surprised to find out that she's taken to young Leia. I haven't made any effort to push any particular character or trilogy in her direction and figured she'd latch on to Rey more since she's everywhere these days but I think the Princess part won out.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, one of the things I absolutely love about Jedi: Fallen Order is the scale. There are some vistas that are just jaw-dropping in how utterly massive they are. Respawn really did a brilliant job with that stuff. Hopefully in the sequel they can tighten up the gameplay and, y'know, not release a buggy mess of a game.

Man they really, really need to officially release that trailer track. It's hype as hell.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like at this point my posts are nothing but random Star Wars content. This popped up in my youtube feed:

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Very happy to report that my Star Wars-themed cuisine tonight was a success! Using the Galaxy's Edge cookbook I made Tatooine Terrine--a hearty vegetarian dish consisting mainly of eggplant and tofu, with mushrooms, spices, onions and lentils. I also made Polystarch Portion Bread, which was a fun instant bread recipe that's easy to make but difficult to master. They tasted good but definitely felt like something you'd receive on Jakku for a day's worth of scrap.

I even made a couple of drinks--Bantha Chai and Moogan Tea. The chai was both fruity and spicy, and while it looked good for the photo it didn't work very well with the terrine. The Moogan Tea (not pictured) was a real winner though. A combination of unsweetened iced tea and chocolate milk, with a special syrup and alchohol-infused whipped cream, it was the perfect dessert.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy to report that my Star Wars-themed cuisine tonight was a success! Using the Galaxy's Edge cookbook I made Tatooine Terrine--a hearty vegetarian dish consisting mainly of eggplant and tofu, with mushrooms, spices, onions and lentils. I also made Polystarch Portion Bread, which was a fun instant bread recipe that's easy to make but difficult to master. They tasted good but definitely felt like something you'd receive on Jakku for a day's worth of scrap.

I even made a couple of drinks--Bantha Chai and Moogan Tea. The chai was both fruity and spicy, and while it looked good for the photo it didn't work very well with the terrine. The Moogan Tea (not pictured) was a real winner though. A combination of unsweetened iced tea and chocolate milk, with a special syrup and alchohol-infused whipped cream, it was the perfect dessert.

Like, damn. I'm not sure if you could have sold me more on this dang cookbook.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, one of the things I absolutely love about Jedi: Fallen Order is the scale. There are some vistas that are just jaw-dropping in how utterly massive they are. Respawn really did a brilliant job with that stuff. Hopefully in the sequel they can tighten up the gameplay and, y'know, not release a buggy mess of a game.

Man they really, really need to officially release that trailer track. It's hype as hell.

Samuel Kim on YouTube made an amazing recreation of it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Colin just confirmed that Duel of the Fates is real

c219f5e5e73314449a4001abe878a88b.png

Dec 12, 2017

You win the SW section of the internet today.