• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If George was going to return to the franchise, I think the most likely project would be something completely new, instead of it focusing on characters somebody else created. Not that I could ever see him returning anyway. I can't imagine him being interested in exploring the OT era any further either.

As that Reddit comment says, it sounds like someone's confused writing credit with 'Based on characters created by' credit.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

Well, that was a fun, oh, half-hour while it lasted.

According to sound editors Matthew Wood and David Acord, John Williams wrote music for the Death Star lightsaber battle, but it was eventually decided to remove it. Ditto the TIE flip. Williams actually sat in with the editors a couple of times and even suggested dropping some cues, so he may have been the one to spur the removal of the Death Star and TIE flip music.

"The majority of the topside Death Star lightsaber fight had music in it at one point and that all got lifted out... until Kylo walks through the wall of water and the music comes in again, which I think was fantastic because it just really made it feel more threatening and real and, that opening, when they're starting their fight there it was...

The TIE flip, where she flips over Kylo's tie, that all had music at one point and we pulled all that out."

Dear leakers, the Duel of the Fates draft going around would be a great birthday present for me. Just throwing that out there.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

According to sound editors Matthew Wood and David Acord, John Williams wrote music for the Death Star lightsaber battle, but it was eventually decided to remove it. Ditto the TIE flip. Williams actually sat in with the editors a couple of times and even suggested dropping some cues, so he may have been the one to spur the removal of the Death Star and TIE flip music.

Dear leakers, the Duel of the Fates draft going around would be a great birthday present for me. Just throwing that out there.

I feel like removed cues eventually make their way out in some form or another. It just may take a while but I suspect we will get them at some point.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

Bahaha, I called it.

I feel like removed cues eventually make their way out in some form or another. It just may take a while but I suspect we will get them at some point.

I wonder if that new Lego Star Wars game might contain some unreleased cues, given that's how we got a lot of non-album music from ROTS and AOTC back in the day.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I wonder if we missed out on something brilliant

On the other hand, the original trilogy duels actually went without music most of the time and it worked.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Apropos of nothing, there's a bit of camera work that I really love during the throne room fight. Right after they swap lightsabers, there's a shot that looks like it was done with a long lens as it rotated around Rey fighting Palpy's guards. It was super badass.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OGYBQUf.gif

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited to have a read through that script. I can't wait to see Hux lose the star wars.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Somebody read your post haha.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This script is as terrible as it seemed like it would be. Makes the very flawed TROS look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Very obvious why Colin got fired.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
DOTF(from the script) wouldn't make for a good Episode 9, and TROS isn't good either for Episode 9. So once again, we lose either way with this movie.

I would take Rian Johnson or some else with better ideas and exceution over what we got instead with both Episode 9s.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
George would not return for some rebel background shit of all things. He'd want to do something fresh.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are currently thinking about doing a fan film of the entire Duel of Fates script.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is the Disney era Star Wars that everyone can agree on enjoying

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
You just know somebody's going to try it. Wonder how firmly LFL will clamp down on efforts to do so.

an animated version is probably the best route to take, imo

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I turn 32 today, been a Star Wars fan since 1996 and will continue on to as well. I'm going to replay Super Star Wars which is a hard but really fun game!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Guys, I turn 32 today, been a Star Wars fan since 1996 and will continue on to as well. I'm going to replay Super Star Wars which is a hard but really fun game!
Happy birthday!

also lol had been playing that on vita and couldn't beat the sarlacc pit for the longest time. Finally figured out you can grind in the level and get a way better blaster. Now I have to figure out what on earth to do in the second level. :p

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
No way TROS wins any Oscars today which is honestly kinda crazy since you'd think they would've gotten something since the Disney ERA. The visual effects and sound editing/mixing are always insanely on point.