• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The leakers who pretty much got everything right side the movie opened with the Leia training flashback and that the ghosts of Luke and Leia defeated the Emperor in the climax. This seemed to change in reshoots, with a new voices of past Jedi plot thread - the voices reviving Rey, the "I am all the Jedi" moment, Rey's opening scene meditating.
Oh the end fight ghost scene, okay. I'd heard that an earlier version included an apparition from Luke but I didn't know Leia was included as well.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the current ending, while I think the idea of the Force Ghosts appearing would of been cool.

I think the "I am the jedi" moment with the voices of jedi past is really awesome.
But I know people had issues with it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Reshooting the ending that way makes sense to me, I could see how Luke and Leia helping Rey defeat Palpatine sounds cool on paper but then when you actually see the thing it feels like less of a personal victory for Rey. Whereas the new ending feels a bit anti-climactic, but it's Rey's triumph. I get the thought process that led to that.

I think the way the opening sequence was reworked was largely for the worse though. Even small things like removing the line from Hux and Pryde that made it clear Kylo has basically spent his time as Supreme Leader chasing a ghost robs a lot of context from the proceedings.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The voices of the past reaching to Rey was the best part of the ending especially with how it connected to Rey's first experience with The Force being the voices of Luke, young Obi-Wan, and old Obi-Wan.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
TROS user score internationally is pretty interesting

douban for China is at 6.5/10
Allocine for France 3.2/5
Kinopoisk for Russia 6.2/10

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the current ending, while I think the idea of the Force Ghosts appearing would of been cool.

I think the "I am the jedi" moment with the voices of jedi past is really awesome.
But I know people had issues with it.
Force Ghosts appearing would had been bad ass, but I did like the voices of past Jedi as well.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, I know you know better than to pull that. RottenTomatoes changed their methods because of TLJ. They require proof of ticket purchase so the rating cant be gamed. You have to show a proof of ticket before giving any rating now.

None of the various critics or audience ratings trackers we have point to only a "small minority" liking the movie as you claimed.

Proof of ticket purchase was not the reason TLJ was bombed in user scores. That was never the main issue.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Proof of ticket purchase was not the reason TLJ was bombed in user scores. That was never the main issue.
Proof of ticket sales is what was newly implemented to avoid a TLJ sort of review bombing.

Alas, none of these numbers point to anything close to only a "small minority" liking the film like you claimed, would you agree? As all the numbers seem to point to over half liking it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Proof of ticket sales is what was newly implemented to avoid a TLJ sort of review bombing.

Alas, none of these numbers point to anything close to only a "small minority" liking the film like you claimed, would you agree? As all the numbers seem to point to over half liking it.

A film that sidelines the minority characters and worships lightsabers. Yes, I would expect the anti-TLJ crowd to like it.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing *every* Star Wars fan can agree on is we are hyped as hell for The Clone Wars at least. I don't think I have ever encountered a fan who doesn't love TCW.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I actually just watched a few episodes for the first time last night, the arc with Obi-Wan disguising himself as a bounty hunter working with Cad Bane. It wasn't bad, although personally I was a little bored by the bounty hunter part and though the story could have been better if it was told simply from Anakin's point of view. There's definitely a lot of good Anakin character moments in this series. Next up is Darth Maul/Oppress episodes which I think I've seen before and really wasn't a fan of. Slaves of the Republic was also not bad.

I'm definitely hyped for the final season, I'm hoping it's the best one. But I'm not expecting it to be as good as Labyrinth of Evil.

I think one of my biggest consistent problems with the series is the villains - Grievous is an absolute joke, Dooku is boring, almost all the Separatist villains talk like cartoon villains, I don't like bringing Maul back, and I don't like the show's version of Ventress and we should be seeing her end this season. Most of all I want the series to be more war focused.

Last edited:

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I actually just watched a few episodes for the first time last night, the arc with Obi-Wan disguising himself as a bounty hunter working with Cad Bane. It wasn't bad, although personally I was a little bored by the bounty hunter part and though the story could have been better if it was told simply from Anakin's point of view. There's definitely a lot of good Anakin character moments in this series. Next up is Darth Maul/Oppress episodes which I think I've seen before and really wasn't a fan of. Slaves of the Republic was also not bad.

I'm definitely hyped for the final season, I'm hoping it's the best one. But I'm not expecting it to be as good as Labyrinth of Evil.

I think one of my biggest consistent problems with the series is the villains - Grievous is an absolute joke, Dooku is boring, almost all the Separatist villains talk like cartoon villains, I don't like bringing Maul back, and I don't like the show's version of Ventress and we should be seeing her end this season. Most of all I want the series to be more war focused.
You know if you were interested in S7 and looking to watch or rewatch anything, I think you should consider focusing on the Mandalore episodes, starting with The Mandalore Plot. Basically just S2E12-15 and then S5E14-16. The arcs don't require a lot of investment in characters you might not be into if you haven't watched all the other episodes (namely Ahsoka or Ventress), it's really Obi-Wan's story, and they'll set up everything you need to know for the new episodes. I think they are some of the less silly arcs as well, the separatists barely play a part.

Last edited:

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I kinda wish they would do order 66 in the style of clone wars but show us more Jedi dying. I think it would be pretty powerful

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You know if you were interested in S7 and looking to watch or rewatch anything, I think you should consider focusing on the Mandalore episodes, starting with The Mandalore Plot. Basically just S2E12-15 and then S5E14-16. The arcs don't require a lot of investment of characters you might not be into if you haven't watched all the other episodes (namely Ahsoka or Ventress), it's really Obi-Wan's story, and they'll set up everything you need to know for the new episodes. I think they are some of the less silly arcs as well, the separatists barely play a part.
Thanks, I'm trying to watch some of the better Anakin stories too but if it's too much of a struggle maybe I'll skip to those.

If Luke only makes his green one when ROTJ begins I guess this makes sense?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Rey probably retrieved this lightsaber's yellow Kyber crystal to build her own lightsaber from the end of TROS
giphy.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing he'll probably have that Lightsaber for most of the post-Empire run. I imagine they don't wanna have Luke without a Lightsaber for too long.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I want Ezra and Thrawn to be stuck in some crazy ass Exegol like planet that's impossible to reach or leave.

A planet that was first found during the High Republic era.

gfr0I2u.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that Cassian rumor, not because it's not possible but because it comes from some no name website.

If it was true, though, it'd be kinda funny if only Mando ends up coming out before the next film even after Bob Iger talked so much about TV being their priority until 2022.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that Cassian rumor, not because it's not possible but because it comes from some no name website.

If it was true, though, it'd be kinda funny if only Mando ends up coming out before the next film even after Bob Iger talked so much about TV being their priority until 2022.

GWW is sort of middle of the road where they have a lot of scoops but most of them are for things that are years down the line, making it hard to determine their reliability.

In any case, I'd put this rumor at a 70% chance of being true, because we already know Cassian experienced serious script issues last fall and almost got cancelled.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps Cassian Andor's persistent script issues is that there's no story to tell? 🤔

One thing *every* Star Wars fan can agree on is we are hyped as hell for The Clone Wars at least. I don't think I have ever encountered a fan who doesn't love TCW.
I have never cared about the Filoniverse slice of Star Wars

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is an AI? That's actually amazing. It gets that sexy, blunt forcefulness dead on. It's like he's saying those lines to Rey, and as soon as the Force Skype call ends he's going to spend the whole night agonizing over whether he came on too strong.
Yeah, it's honestly the most human AI voice I've ever heard. There's tons of these but you can always tell they're fake but this one? This one is perfect for most of it.

At 0:11 you can tell for, like, half a word that it's not a real person but for the rest? The rest it sounds just like Adam Driver. If I hadn't known it was an AI, I probably would have never noticed the tiny little imperfection at 11 seconds.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty excited for a spy thriller set in the SW universe featuring the writer of the bourne series and one of the showrunners behind the americans.

The talent is there do something neat... but yeah I have mixed feelings about them using Cassian Andor as the lead.

But I really like Diego Luna....

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Love the idea of Cassian show and adore Diego Luna and I love that time period. Could be a live action Rebels show. Let's fucking go

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
- showrunners submit scripts
- KK and execs say "not Star Wars enough"
- rewrites, production hold, new showrunners/writers

repeat ad nauseam

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
One day Lucasfilm won't be a mess, that day is not today.

At this point I don't even feel anything from these news. I'm completely distensized to this shit getting delayed or whatnot, I would not even be surprised if Mando got delayed.

Meanwhile over at Marvel...

s4wYhmZ.jpg

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
One day Lucasfilm won't be a mess, that day is not today.

At this point I don't even feel anything from these news. I'm completely distensized to these shit getting delayed or whatnot, I would not even be surprised if Mando got delayed.

The day it becomes not a mess is the day something explicitly not adherent to "George's vision" (aka the Campbell stuff) is commercially successful, and so opens up the gates for more ambitious and experimental content

And before anyone says it, Mando was super Hero's Journey

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There's 0% of Mando being delayed so I'd say, it's already well into filming and will probably be completed months before it "airs".
I know, I'm sure it won't.

I'm just saying that this type of stuff keeps happening, so much so that a show scheduled to come out in 8 months could get delayed and I wouldn't be surprised.