• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Since we spoke of the ROTS novelization by Matt Stover, I stumbled on this quote from the book while I was browsing some old threads. It is so good. Stover really did wonders with the material he was given.

Obligatory copy+paste from the ROTS novelization(the shadow is Palpatine btw):

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever:

The first dawn of light in your universe brings pain. The light burns you. It will always burn you. Part of you will always lie upon black glass sand beside a lake of fire while flames chew upon your flesh.

You can hear yourself breathing. It comes hard, and harsh, and it scrapes nerves already raw, but you cannot stop it. You can never stop it. You cannot even slow it down.

You don't even have lungs anymore.

Mechanisms hardwired into your chest breathe for you. They will pump oxygen into your bloodstream forever.

Lord Vader? Lord Vader, can you hear me? And you can't, not in the way you once did. Sensors in the shell that prisons your head trickle meaning directly into your brain.

You open your scorched-pale eyes; optical sensors integrate light and shadow into a hideous simulacrum of the world around you. Or perhaps the simulacrum is perfect, and it is the world that is hideous.

Padme? Are you here? Are you all right?

Your try to say, but another voice speaks for you, out from the vocabulator that serves you for burned-away lips and tongue and throat.

Padme? Are you here? Are you all right?

I'm very sorry, Lord Vader. I'm afraid she died. It seems in your anger, you killed her.

This burns hotter than the lava had.

No. no, it is not possible!

You loved her. You will always love her. You could never will her death.

Never.

But you remember

You remember all of it.

You remember the dragon that you brought Vader forth from your heart to slay. You remember the cold venom in Vader's blood. You remember the furnace of Vader's fury, and the black hatred of seizing her throat to silence her lying mouth-

And there is one blazing moment in which you finally understand that there was no dragon. That there was no Vader. That there was only you. Only Anakin Skywalker.

That it was all you. Is you.

Only you.

You did it.

You killed her.

You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were
thinking about yourself

It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith-

Because now yourself is all you will ever have.

And you rage and scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, your are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow.

In the end, you do not even want to.

In the end, the shadow is all you have left.

Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto itself-

And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever.

Last edited:

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I read Colin's script for Episode 9...I would had preferred it over what we got. Now I'm more frustrated with TROS, lol.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
Some of that High Republic leak stuff mentioned the Unknown Regions. Perhaps the origins of Palpatine's worshiper audience from TRoS could be explored.

Have them be Non-force sensitive cultists looking for a force user to carry on the Sith tradition after they've been wiped out for a period of time. Literally searching for a new god....

...kinda like the minions.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read Colin's script for Episode 9...I would had preferred it over what we got. Now I'm more frustrated with TROS, lol.
That is "leak" almost certainly fake. RMB is not a valid source. At all. He pals around with Geeks and Gamers.

Notice that *NONE* of the long time Star Wars leakers are backing it.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Some of that High Republic leak stuff mentioned the Unknown Regions. Perhaps the origins of Palpatine's worshiper audience from TRoS could be explored.
I don't think there were actually real people in that audience it was just just a visual for the thousands of sith in Palpatine.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
That is "leak" almost certainly fake. RMB is not a valid source. At all. He pals around with Geeks and Gamers.

AV Club and Slash Film have both confirmed it. Possible they're all being duped, I guess, but I noticed a lot more mainstream outlets seem to be taking it seriously after these outlets are backing it.

Oct 28, 2017
I like how in TLJ when Rey and Poe finally meet they are all smiles and then the first time we see them together in TROS their relationship is difficult and contentious ha

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AV Club and Slash Film have both confirmed it. Possible they're all being duped, I guess, but I noticed a lot more mainstream outlets seem to be taking it seriously after these outlets are backing it.
It's really fishy given RMB's god awful track record and his close ties to the toxic side and given that none of the Star Wars leaks scene is backing it.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I don't think there were actually real people in that audience it was just just a visual for the thousands of sith in Palpatine.
I definitely read them as spirits of Sith that dissipated at the end. But then again, that would fly in the face of Lucas' whole "Sith can't become ghosts" thing. Idk. It was weird.

also, anytime I see a villain have a crowd cheering him in the stands, I just think of the penguins in Batman Returns and start giggling.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely read them as spirits of Sith that dissipated at the end. But then again, that would fly in the face of Lucas' whole "Sith can't become ghosts" thing. Idk. It was weird.

also, anytime I see a villain have a crowd cheering him in the stands, I just think of the penguins in Batman Returns and start giggling.

Sir, are you suggesting Jeffrey Jacob Abrams would do things that fly in the face of Lucas's basic worldbuilding and storytelling? That is a SERIOUS accusation.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Sir, are you suggesting Jeffrey Jacob Abrams would do things that fly in the face of Lucas's basic worldbuilding and storytelling? That is a SERIOUS accusation.
Can't hear you. Too busy lightspeed skipping before explaining that the Holdo Maneuver is too complicated to make sense.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
On top of Collider, Slash Film, and AV Club confirming the script is legit, Trevorrow has not denied it either. And he did deny the prior leak that was then re attributed to Jack Thorne's Episode IX script.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

Collider and The Playlist have also verified it. The writer for the latter even mentioned that he's been working on tracking down details of the Trevorrow/Connolly drafts for months and this matches what he's been told in that time.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Have them be Non-force sensitive cultists looking for a force user to carry on the Sith tradition after they've been wiped out for a period of time. Literally searching for a new god....

That's pretty much exactly what they are according to the Visual Dictionary. Sith Cultists aka the 'Sith Eternal'. A group of occult dabbling Empire loyalists who long to see the Sith regain power in the galaxy. Pretty sure they dont like Bananas though ; )

This kinda shit is right up my street and I hope we learn more through extended media sources

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
i like it better tbh, still would have been a mess and i don't think trevorrow's direction could have saved it but who can say?

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

curb

Oct 27, 2017
They're not in the room until Palpatine shows himself and starts talking to Rey.

*shrugs*

I dunno then...

That's pretty much exactly what they are according to the Visual Dictionary. Sith Cultists aka the 'Sith Eternal'. A group of occult dabbling Empire loyalists who long to see the Sith regain power in the galaxy. Pretty sure they dont like Bananas though ; )

This kinda shit is right up my street and I hope we learn more through extended media sources

Sooooooo, then they are real?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

... Isn't this exactly what they are referred to as in the visual dictionary stuff? It's just cultists devoted to the Sith who worship them and live on Exogal

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really interested in reading an alternative script. You never know how things would have played out when it got to the big screen.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grey Jedi shit would tempt me to walk out of the theater.

The concept of grey Jedi literally breaks Star Wars. Thank fucking God we never got this. It would have been worse than Attack of the Clones.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I've always felt as though Grey Jedi is the story equivalent of getting to dabble in light and dark powers in a video game. You want to be good-ish but still shoot lighting from your hands. I've never been keen on it.

Edit : same for "Dark Jedi"

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grey Jedi is the new Holdo maneuver
Hell Pablo Hidalgo himself said grey jedi is an invalid concept and has openly mocked it. No surprise this script would never get approved by Lucasfilm as Colin clearly has never seen a Star Wars movie if he thinks its a great idea to embrace.

Thankfully, we never have to deal with that reality.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Grey Jedi shit would tempt me to walk out of the theater.

The concept of grey Jedi literally breaks Star Wars. Thank fucking God we never got this. It would have been worse than Attack of the Clones.
Damn, and AOTC is considered to be the worst Star Wars movie ever!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell Pablo Hidalgo himself said grey jedi is an invalid concept and has openly mocked it. No surprise this script would never get approved by Lucasfilm as Colin clearly has never seen a Star Wars movie if he thinks its a great idea to embrace.

I refuse to believe anyone who has spent any time thinking about Star Wars would think grey Jedi wouldn't break the entire theme and message of the saga.

Thankfully, we never have to deal with that reality.
Are you saying this script was rejected because the Story Group rejected it? Lmao, like they have any power.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you saying this script was rejected because the Story Group rejected it? Lmao, like they have any power.
No I suspect it got rejected primarly because Colin a terrible screenwriter and hasn't written a single good script in his career to date.

I can't see Lucasfilm ever approving a TROS script in which Kylo doesn't get redeemed as well.