• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course, but just a few.
han-solo.gif

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Currently comfort eating and watching Empire of Dreams on Disney +. Marks and Sparks have 3 for 2 on chocolate Stormtrooper helmet easter eggs : )

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know, with the parks being closed probably until at least the summer, Disney has all that merch just laying there in their shops. I honestly think it would be a great idea to sell some of it online.

Basically what I'm saying is I want a deck of sabaac cards from Galaxy's Edge and I don't want to pay for a deck that's twice the price on eBay.

Last edited:

curb

Oct 27, 2017
You know, with the parks being closed probably until at least the summer, Disney has all that merch just laying their in their shops. I honestly think it would be a great idea to sell some of it online.

Basically what I'm saying is I want a deck of sabaac cards from Galaxy's Edge and I don't want to pay for a deck that's twice the price on eBay.

I'd probably buy something if they did that. Partly just to soothe myself over my cancelled trip in May.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
DOTF's script is worse than AOTCs, so it checks out.
Nah. Remember that AOTC literally had racist stereotypes and sexual harassment presented as romance in it. DOTF is flawed, (seriously wtf at that Kylo twist), but it was not PT bad. That first draft was full of moments
AHyiQ7N.png

xI5JCKQ.png

UUr5HbN.png

d8MTqpP.jpg

that could only be described as this:

I don't think John Boyega would've been as eager to roast his own lines in DOTF.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing about the DOTF script was I reckon someone from the Trevorrow camp leaked it thinkng that it would go over well.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about the DOTF script was I reckon someone from the Trevorrow camp leaked it thinkng that it would go over well.

It...did go over well though? DOTF is almost universally considered better than TROS outside this thread. You had globally trending campaigns to #ReleaseTheTrevorrowCut or whatever. Every random snippet of information about his script gets millions of views on Youtube and hits on film websites. Trevorrow's stock skyrocketed among Star Wars fans despite being a crappy director simply because his lame product looked like Citizen Kane next to TROS.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It...did go over well though? DOTF is almost universally considered better than TROS outside this thread. You had globally trending campaigns to #ReleaseTheTrevorrowCut or whatever. Every random snippet of information about his script gets millions of views on Youtube and hits on film websites. Trevorrow's stock skyrocketed among Star Wars fans despite being a crappy director simply because his lame product looked like Citizen Kane next to TROS.
I don't follow too much SW much outside this thread, but I did watch Jenny Nicholson's script read of DOTF and it sounded awful.

This is the first I'm hearing that it was well-liked but even then it doesn't surprise me.

Unreleased material almost always goes over better than released stuff because people's imaginations go wild and they are not meet with the reality of the finished product. It's the same deal when the artbook was leaked, all you hear is ''that looked so much better than what was in the movie''. When the reality is those things were left out for a reason.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
it's one of those things where the grass is always greener. still, as someone who didn't really care for TROS, reading the DOTF script, makes you wonder with some scenes and gets the imagination whirling. Also how much more time would Trevorrow have had with DOTF over JJ with TROS? like a full year?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike the Rey/Kylo side of DOTF but the Resistance stuff is definitely better than TROS' version of it. Certainly feels like it more organically builds off TLJ than TROS.

it's one of those things where the grass is always greener. still, as someone who didn't really care for TROS, reading the DOTF script, makes you wonder with some scenes and gets the imagination whirling. Also how much more time would Trevorrow have had with DOTF over JJ with TROS? like a full year?
I think Trevorrow was hired for IX in 2015, and JJ came onboard late 2017, so somewhere between 2-2.5 years.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Has anyone posted the Collin Trevorrow adaptation:

Harmless trite/10. Tomorrow, my misguided Alien 3 comparison now that SW has Biehn upgraded. KK wanted David Fincher to do one of the ST films btw and one of his first jobs was being an assistant cameraman ROTJ. See, I didn´t just go crazy. Maybe a little.
And I dropped the bounty hunter comic. These almost never work.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of things i like about the DotF and some things I liked about TROS but I would prefer something better than either. I don't give much stock to scripts though. It's because it has possibility while there's no hope for TROS. It's like how people were super upset at Game of Thrones Season 8 for being bad when it was just as bad for years before that. There wasn't any possibility of it getting better after season 8.

My friend and I are watching Clone Wars via Discord. It's my first time through it. We made it to Season 2! Cad Bane is very cool. What were they thinking with Ziro the Hutt's....everything. I watched a lot more of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars when I was a kid and this verion was a little late and I stopped watching cartoons. But hey, what better time and there's some good stuff in there. I assume Cad Bane is like a replacement for Durge from the miniseries?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
My friend and I are watching Clone Wars via Discord. It's my first time through it. We made it to Season 2! Cad Bane is very cool. What were they thinking with Ziro the Hutt's....everything. I watched a lot more of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars when I was a kid and this verion was a little late and I stopped watching cartoons. But hey, what better time and there's some good stuff in there. I assume Cad Bane is like a replacement for Durge from the miniseries?

Somewhat? He works with the Separatists on multiple occasions, but he's far from the single-minded bruiser that Durge was.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing anything being talked about anywhere else so...🤷🏻‍♂️

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing anything being talked about anywhere else so...🤷🏻‍♂️

Expecting an unexciting announcement like TROS or the Galaxy of Adventures shorts making their way onto the platform

BLOW AWAY MY EXPECTATIONS, DISNEY

edit: Somebody on Reddit pointed out that it's probably the Jedi Temple Challenge since it leaked that there were already a number of episodes in the can for that

Last edited: