• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I don't mean to attach any commentary to this or anything but doesn't that seem... early? I guess the only reason I'm wondering is because I saw Kristin Bell on social media mentioning to go see Frozen II as it's leaving theatres (but that did get a sing-along version so maybe that extended its run?)

I don't know if its being pulled completely, but I think its losing a bunch of screens.

Wouldn't be shocked if its close of being pulled if that rumored march date for 4K release is true.

The Star Wars twitter page posted a short little clip with the headline of "See Star Wars One last time in theaters this weekend"

So I kinda took that and assumed they are just winding down the showings.

Oct 28, 2017
England
i'd bet that's greg grunberg finally learning his character is part of comics.
He probably has no idea how much of the new canon is based on his character.

Yeah, I remember him being shocked to discover via Twitter that Snap was married. Then again, TROS assured me that both he and JJ would be shocked to learn that Wedge was his step father.

@greggrunberg
I have a WIFE?!

what about his wife?!

DmaGOyXX0AAGwZS

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
It doesn't though, none of that stuff "happened" anymore.

They "happened" until proven otherwise. Just because it was decided by a corporate entity that previous creative works are no longer valid in terms of strict canonicity, does not mean that their previous merit and validity disappear. Without a doubt, many of the Legends novels and comics and shows provide worldbuilding and characterization and they were legitimate contributions to the Star Wars universe and its many characters. Besides, many do not detract from the "Canon" series at all, so there's no need to simply disregard them.

To reiterate, their place in the Star Wars universe are not disproven or simply made into thin air just because someone at Disney said so. Just like they had validity when they were created and published with a stamp of approval 10 years ago, so do they still exist as part of the universe.

It should be noted that I am mainly refering to Prequel era Legends.

edit: also, this is my approach to it, in case it wasn't already obvious - given the reasons I've stated, it makes the most sense to classify, at least some of them, as legitimate contributions to the universe.

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, I remember him being shocked to discover via Twitter that Snap was married. Then again, TROS assured me that both he and JJ would be shocked to learn that Wedge was his step father.

Lol.

Man, I'd be a terrible celebrity. The minute I find out my face is in a Star Wars comic, I'm collecting all them things forever. Have my whole wookiepedia page memorized

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did anyone actually watch the Resistance finale? It was pretty good tbh, though it felt more like the end to a season than a show. It's a shame how much time was wasted this season. When I look back at the episodes from season 1, there's actually surprisingly little filler - most of them introduce new characters or advance the plot in some way. Season 2 just treads water until the end.

If I had to make a recommended episode guide, I'd keep everything from season 1 except Bibo and Dangerous Business, but season 2 would be pretty well chopped up - Into the Unknown, A Quick Salvage Run, Rendezvous Point, and then everything from Station to Station onwards. That cuts out something like half the season.

Last edited:

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
More photos from my third Jedi: Fallen Order playthrough. For those who haven't played yet I've spoiler tagged this particular moment during my second trip to Zeffo...
8LQOEjg.jpg
6jPJSUT.jpg
8ENUb8k.jpg

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
More photos from my third Jedi: Fallen Order playthrough. For those who haven't played yet I've spoiler tagged this particular moment during my second trip to Zeffo...
8LQOEjg.jpg
6jPJSUT.jpg
8ENUb8k.jpg
Wonderful shots.
Fallen Order is really quite a beautiful game, I almost think they could do an entire animated series just in-engine using assets from this game, which of course would still be loads of work.
Also, ending spoilers:
I was actually pretty upset when Trilla died!

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Wonderful shots.
Fallen Order is really quite a beautiful game, I almost think they could do an entire animated series just in-engine using assets from this game, which of course would still be loads of work.
Also, ending spoilers:
I was actually pretty upset when Trilla died!
I'm with you. An animated series like that would be cool, though I'd love to see Cameron Monaghan and Debra Wilson reprise their roles in live-action someday. Don't think it will ever happen, but with Disney+ I always have a faint glimmer of hope that something like that will come about.
I was also pretty moved by Trilla's death. "Avenge us!" as Vader cut her down was chilling. The use of 'Anakin's Dark Deeds' from Episode III was just... man. So good. The use of John Williams' score in choice scenes throughout the game were all perfect.

I'm very excited to see where the story goes next. I hope Respawn gets to do a sequel.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm with you. An animated series like that would be cool, though I'd love to see Cameron Monaghan and Debra Wilson reprise their roles in live-action someday. Don't think it will ever happen, but with Disney+ I always have a faint glimmer of hope that something like that will come about.
I was also pretty moved by Trilla's death. "Avenge us!" as Vader cut her down was chilling. The use of 'Anakin's Dark Deeds' from Episode III was just... man. So good. The use of John Williams' score in choice scenes throughout the game were all perfect.

I'm very excited to see where the story goes next. I hope Respawn gets to do a sequel.

Debra Wilson was outstanding, I can't believe I didn't recognize her (I haven't seen her since Mad TV). Yeah, I would be really bummed if the same team didn't get to make an expanded sequel, they really did a great job.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
8LQOEjg.jpg
6jPJSUT.jpg
8ENUb8k.jpg

This is the point at which the game went from "Yep, this is fine" to "OH I actually really like this!" for me. The following section where Trilla hacks your radio and talks shit at you the whole time you're exploring the Jedi Vault was an absolute delight.

God what a game! I had practically no expectations going in, but the more I played the more I enjoyed it. I ended up getting 100% on every planet because I didn't want to stop playing it.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
This is the point at which the game went from "Yep, this is fine" to "OH I actually really like this!" for me. The following section where Trilla hacks your radio and talks shit at you the whole time you're exploring the Jedi Vault was an absolute delight.

God what a game! I had practically no expectations going in, but the more I played the more I enjoyed it. I ended up getting 100% on every planet because I didn't want to stop playing it.

I think it was around that point that it clicked for me as well. I wasn't sure about that game at first (partly due to the learning curve on the combat) but once I got into it, it quickly became one of my favorite Star Wars games.

It's me, I'm the 2022 film director.

The Misadventures of Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra and Ahsoka Tano: A Star Wars Story

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just started Season 2 of Clone Wars (watching the non filler way). Man Eps 5 and 6 were awesome. Did a great job on the second Geonosis war

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
With all of the Obi-Wan talk recently I decided to bite the bullet and order the Sideshow Mythos figure.
obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc60155944d8.jpg
obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc601563386d.jpg

I'm sure Hot Toys will make an official Ewan version if/when the show comes out, but that's not gonna be for a few years and I... don't feel like waiting that long.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious on the scale of the event. I'm not expecting some Hall H or Phase 3 MCU stuff, but I'm just wondering what it means in this context.