• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I feel stupid but I cannot for the life of me find how to get a comiXology unlimited subscription in Canada

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
But, counterpoint

She's hot

DeEl1blX4AIlmHO.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

But the rejection that hurt most was when she was a runner-up to play Rose Tico in 2017's Star Wars: The Last Jedi. She was so close to landing it that she chemistry read with John Boyega.

"This was before The Force Awakens came out, and they were already reading for the sequel," Condor recalls. "He was eating Sugarfish, and I had a meeting to just get to know him. I remember looking at him and being like, 'He has no idea what's about to happen to his life. He is going to be the lead in Star Wars. That is so cool.' And then he blew up overnight."

Nuts that they already a runner up to play Rose before TFA even came out.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Listen, y'all know I pretty much despite EU shit. But, I got a free month of Comixology and decided to check out Dr. Aphra. And while it can be a quite humorous series, why exactly do people like this character? She's fucking vile and evil? Like, Jesus fucking CHRIST! Why would anyone want some sort of show centered around someone that crazy and evil?
No way it would happen, but an R rated Aphra show/movie would be amazing

And yes, she's awesome!

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
This is it. The last group of photos I took from the final level of Jedi: Fallen Order. Major spoilers ahead (even though I'm sure YouTubers have long spoiled it by now with their obnoxious thumbnails).
88rdsvk.jpg
M3ughXv.jpg
zKtglXy.jpg
fRPa0zm.jpg
pSTcVeT.jpg
I also wanted to showcase some less action-heavy photos I took. Before the game ended I wanted to take some portrait shots of the crew...

wYQ5hOQ.jpg
Hk6c3Sv.jpg
KA9Auvj.jpg
4glLLja.jpg

While I wish we could've spent more time with these characters, they really grew on me by the end. I hope we see a sequel someday because I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to the Mantis crew just yet.

If anyone from Respawn is reading this... I just want to say thank you. This has been the best Star Wars game I've played in years. One of the few times where I immediately went back for a second playthrough after beating the game, and now for a third to take these photos. It was truly a delight. Thank you.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
While I wish we could've spent more time with these characters, they really grew on me by the end. I hope we see a sequel someday because I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to the Mantis crew just yet.

I felt the same way. I ended up bumping the difficulty a level and immediately diving right into a second playthrough after finishing it because I wasn't ready to be done.

Thanks again for sharing the screenshots. I've really enjoyed them.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
This is it. The last group of photos I took from the final level of Jedi: Fallen Order. Major spoilers ahead (even though I'm sure YouTubers have long spoiled it by now with their obnoxious thumbnails).
88rdsvk.jpg
M3ughXv.jpg
zKtglXy.jpg
fRPa0zm.jpg
pSTcVeT.jpg
I also wanted to showcase some less action-heavy photos I took. Before the game ended I wanted to take some portrait shots of the crew...

wYQ5hOQ.jpg
Hk6c3Sv.jpg
KA9Auvj.jpg
4glLLja.jpg

If anyone from Respawn is reading this... I just want to say thank you. This has been the best Star Wars game I've played in years. One of the few times where I immediately went back for a second playthrough after beating the game, and now for a third to take these photos. It was truly a delight. Thank you.
Great shots and yeah, absolutely brilliant game! Sequel is already being worked on I believe so no worries there (The game did and still is doing exceptionally well for EA). I've been replaying some of the levels myself to get some snaps. Sense of scale at times is incredible!

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
88rdsvk.jpg
M3ughXv.jpg
zKtglXy.jpg
fRPa0zm.jpg
pSTcVeT.jpg

wYQ5hOQ.jpg
Hk6c3Sv.jpg
KA9Auvj.jpg
4glLLja.jpg

Fantastic shots as always. Regardless of my own reservations about the gameplay as well as the "ancient civ we invented so we could do physics puzzles" aspect of the setting, I really am looking forward to whatever they end up doing with the characters, even if I'm cringing thinking about how they're going to explain their lack of presence later in the timeline.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone want spinoff shows based off The Mandalorian? Bob Iger's comments the other day make me feel a bit nervous about what Lucasfilm and Disney want to do with the franchise right now. It honestly seems like they're just throwing shit at the wall internally and seeing what sticks. We go from Solo planting seeds for future projects, Obi-Wan movie, Rian trilogy and D&D trilogy to everything to Solo being axed, Obi-Wan is now a movie, Rian not getting a trilogy and D&D being out. Now Obi-Wan is being re-worked, the concept of trilogies are out and there's talks of Mando spin-offs.

I'd hope that the Disney+ shows are a way for them to do more out there and experimental stories and maybe not right now since we're getting Cassian and Obi-Wan but maybe down the line we get some really out there stuff. Getting a Cara Dune or whatever spin-off shows just sounds SO boring. I honestly don't think those Mando spin-offs ever happen but then I also wonder why Bob Iger even brought them up.

[edit]

Rian's first comments on TROS?

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Perfect PR response from Rian.

Can't wait for 50 videos on that clip. "Ruin Johnson doesn't include JJ in his friends category? Enemies!"

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone comment that RJ should have said "oh, that came out already?"

Would have been hilarious.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone want spinoff shows based off The Mandalorian? Bob Iger's comments the other day make me feel a bit nervous about what Lucasfilm and Disney want to do with the franchise right now. It honestly seems like they're just throwing shit at the wall internally and seeing what sticks. We go from Solo planting seeds for future projects, Obi-Wan movie, Rian trilogy and D&D trilogy to everything to Solo being axed, Obi-Wan is now a movie, Rian not getting a trilogy and D&D being out. Now Obi-Wan is being re-worked, the concept of trilogies are out and there's talks of Mando spin-offs.

Honestly, for me, I'm just focusing on the short-term right now to prevent myself from getting analysis-paralysis.
Excited for Clone Wars and I have a backlog of book and comics to read.
That's what i am going to focus on right now and we'll see what happens with live-action when it happens.

So many things have been changing that its just exhausting to keep up with

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

I'd hope that the Disney+ shows are a way for them to do more out there and experimental stories and maybe not right now since we're getting Cassian and Obi-Wan but maybe down the line we get some really out there stuff. Getting a Cara Dune or whatever spin-off shows just sounds SO boring. I honestly don't think those Mando spin-offs ever happen but then I also wonder why Bob Iger even brought them up.

I feel for the poor writer who has to rework all those Doctor Aphra scripts for the Cara Dune series

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm reading some Vader comics now and these are "canon," correct? So, did Vader not blow up the Lars homestead with a molecular bomb that left zero trace of any residence being present. So, how was it still there in TROS?

Not that I care, it's just that if the story is canon I get to act all high and snooty because it's what I've always said, no filmmaker is going to give a shit about the canon. They're going to do whatever they want.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm reading some Vader comics now and these are "canon," correct? So, did Vader not blow up the Lars homestead with a molecular bomb that left zero trace of any residence being present. So, how was it still there in TROS?

Not that I care, it's just that if the story is canon I get to act all high and snooty because it's what I've always said, no filmmaker is going to give a shit about the canon. They're going to do whatever they want.

This misconception has come up before but the molecular bomb thing is meant to erase evidence of life forms being present, not physically destroy the building. The homestead shows up again in this week's Vader comic too.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This misconception has come up before but the molecular bomb thing is meant to erase evidence of life forms being present, not physically destroy the building. The homestead shows up again in this week's Vader comic too.

So, he detonated a bomb to remove evidence that life forms ever being present in a home? That the homestead shows up, again, recently just seems like evidence of a retcon as opposed to consistency.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, he detonated a bomb to remove evidence that life forms ever being present in a home? That the homestead shows up, again, recently just seems like evidence of a retcon as opposed to consistency.

He's being covert and doesn't want the Empire to know he was there. When they use it at Ben's hut, there's a big flash of light and Aphra says "Molecular purge is good. As far as forensic science can tell, no one was here, ever."

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
He's being covert and doesn't want the Empire to know he was there. When they use it at Ben's hut, there's a big flash of light and Aphra says "Molecular purge is good. As far as forensic science can tell, no one was here, ever."

But, that's what precisely would draw attention. If an Imperial ever did come snooping they'd want to know why I home has absolutely zero molecular trace of anyone living there. And thus, they would dig further.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I am ready to hit the panic button if they turn the obi wan series into a movie.

That prolly means they don't know how to move the franchise forwards.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.etonline.com

Diego Luna's 'Star Wars: Rogue One' Prequel Series Will Film This Year

The actor has read scripts for the upcoming Disney+ project.
"It is a different approach because of the beauty and it's how things happen. It's not just what happens. It's not the typical way of approaching a story. It's about how things happen, which in fact, is the same that happened in Rogue One," he continued. "You know the ending, but you don't know how it happened, and we have that challenge in front of us again, which is exciting."

4fNQdE3.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty surprised we've not gotten a leak for the next film.

And it's gonna pretty late for there to not be an official announcement for it either. It's to the point that a delay would not be shocking.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
At work, I've been recently listening to a lot more audiobooks again and started up From a Certain Point of View again. The last time I had listened to it, Disney+ was not even hinted at. Now, listening to it again, I really would like a Disney+ series based on the short stories. Don't care if they'd be live action or animated (why not both?).

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty surprised we've not gotten a leak for the next film.

And it's gonna pretty late for there to not be an official announcement for it either. It's to the point that a delay would not be shocking.
We are only 2 months from Celebration, any announcements would be then.

Jason Ward recently mentioned on a podcast that everything he has heard is still full steam ahead for a Dec 2022 film at Lucasfilm and that pre-production work like concept art is actively going on.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
We are only 2 months from Celebration, any announcements would be then.

Jason Ward recently mentioned on a podcast that everything he has heard is still full steam ahead for a Dec 2022 film at Lucasfilm and that pre-production work like concept art is actively going on.
Celebration is at the end of August this year, so I'd hope we don't have to wait until then to hear any info.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the rumored stuff, what's supposed to be this year? Just the Rebels semi-sequel?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot imagine Lucasfilm will be able to keep the 2022 movie's director under wraps for the next six months. At the very least a director will have to close a deal long before that, which the trades will def pick up.

JJ closed his deal for TROS in September 2017, and that was a super rushed production. So unless Lucasfilm is rushing this one too (which seems counterproductive to the whole point of a 3-year hiatus) then a deal for the next director would certainly be reached well before Celebration.

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The Rise of Kylo Ren has been a dud for me so far, all the retconning of what we've seen and heard from the movies as well as the weird art just isn't working. The best parts have been the flashbacks.

New Vader comic has a great start.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Some High Republic film with a rushed production set for 2022 seems like a recipe for a box office disaster.

I'd close a deal with Rian for the 2024 slot and leave 2022 alone personally.