• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
All the kids growing up watching these films will love em forever. Took my niece who's 9 to see TROS and she was a big fan. Absolutely loves Rey to death.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
TFA was good. Safe but good. I think it'll be favorably talked about, but TLJ will for sure be the standout.
Yeah TFA was what the franchise needed in 2015... not in 2019.

I remember everyone being happy that live action SW was good again after TFA dropped. People had sky high expectations and JJ pulled it off: a 2 billion dollar acclaimed movie.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on Quality of the next trilogy.

I think the Sequel Trilogy has taught us that it's less about the overall quality than it is how far the movies diverge from fan expectations and feed into that sense of entitlement (or rather, don't).

In other words, if the next trilogy is set in the High Republic era as rumored, the KOTOR stans are coming out of the woodwork, big time.

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I like to think of the ST as Star Wars's Godfather or Alien trilogy; two excellent, contrasting films that folks will forever compare against the other, and then a third, superfluous-feeling chapter that goes off the rails by such a significant degree that people would rather just not talk about it going forward

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I like to think of the ST as Star Wars's Godfather or Alien trilogy; two excellent, contrasting films that folks will forever compare against the other, and then a third, superfluous-feeling chapter that goes off the rails by such a significant degree that people would rather just not talk about it going forward
Dominic Monaghan is Sofia Coppola
Babu Frik is Andy Garcia

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

I think people see me hanging out with people, especially with Star Wars, and think I'm having some big discussions about it. I would fucking love to... If it was right. I would want to do any kind of movie if it made sense, and if it felt not like career suicide.

While I think that's mostly Taika fucking around like he always does, I do feel like there's a bit of truth there as well. We've already seen D&D drop out 'cus they don't wanna deal with everything that doing a Star Wars film entails.

We might have finally gone from, "HOLY I CAN MAKE A STAR WARS" to, "Is this paycheck big enough to make a Star Wars?".

SO HYPED

I wonder if they changed anything around from the reels. Looks splendid, in any case.
I'm sure they're still there but I honestly wish they weren't. I got used to them but I never warmed up to them.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm probably in the minority on Era but I don't really like the level of exaggerated individual personality that the show gives the clones.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I like how the Republic doesn't really care about their individuality but the Jedi really try to encourage it. Encouraging their agency and seeing them as less disposable and interchangeable.

Now, too bad they didn't feel the same way about droids...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Clones being actual characters makes Order 66 a horribly tragic event on an emotional level for everyone involved rather than just being sad because the Jedi died.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I like how the Republic doesn't really care about their individuality but the Jedi really try to encourage it. Encouraging their agency and seeing them as less disposable and interchangeable.
Clones being actual characters makes Order 66 a horribly tragic event on an emotional level for everyone involved rather than just being sad because the Jedi died.

Yup. So much more is stolen away in that moment than just the Jedi's lives.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Order 66 is that game is super sad 'cus you see how close he was with his clones and you also that's not a one off, essentially all Jedis were like that with their Troopers.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
New

gmnhkbx23rg41.jpg

Edit: deleted scene of Rose?

img-2849604-f.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I still wish the helmet had never came back but I gotta admit, the new look was pretty badass. A much better design than the old Jedi Killer redux they were gonna use in Duel.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Rey Grandmother?

k7fbBYC.png

30s5jt1.jpg

Sly Moore, an Umbaran female Force Adept with the alleged ability to manipulate the minds of others, was the senior administrative aide and Chief of Staff of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine during the final years of the Galactic Republic. She would ultimately stand at the chancellor's side along with Vice Chair Mas Amedda on the day Palpatine ended the Clone Wars and anointed himself Emperor of the First Galactic Empire. She was one of the few people who knew of Palpatine's true identity as Darth Sidious.

starwars.fandom.com

Sly Moore

Sly Moore, also known as "the Umbaran," was an Umbaran female Force Adept who served as the Senior Administrative Aide and Chief of Staff for Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine during the final years of the Galactic Republic. Having the ability to manipulate the minds of others, Moore was one of...

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My top 10 moments of the ST:

10. Fighting Over the Skywalker Saber - The Last Jedi:
Rey-Kylo-The-Last-Jedi-Cropped.jpg

9. Rey and Chewie Leaving to Find Luke - The Force Awakens:
1498753356-chewbacca-and-rey.png

8. Lando Saves the Day - The Rise of Skywalker:
resistance-fleet-tros.jpeg

7. Reveal of Meditating Luke - The Last Jedi:
starwars_lastjedi_movie_screencaps.com_16378.jpg

6. The Holdo Maneuver - The Last Jedi:
HoldoKamikaze.jpg

5. Ben and Rey Face Palpatine - The Rise of Skywalker:
741135ed2acaa519c0594002c336b8f846d76c61.jpg

4. Luke and Leia - The Last Jedi:
maxresdefault.jpg

3. The Jedi Steps - The Force Awakens:
jedi.jpg

2. Han and Ben - The Rise of Skywalker:
EMN-rOaWwAACY30.jpg

1. Yoda and Luke - The Last Jedi:
EL3P4dNU0AEWyaO.jpg

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Why wasnt Yoda blamed for leaving to Dagobah and refusing to train Luke when the universe need him most and we hate Luke in TLJ for doing the exact same thing?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why wasnt Yoda blamed for leaving to Dagobah and refusing to train Luke when the universe need him most and we hate Luke in TLJ for doing the exact same thing?

Not criticizing TLJ, but a major difference is that the galaxy was completely under the domination of the Empire at the time Yoda and Obi-Wan went into hiding while the galaxy was peaceful and ruled by the New Republic at the time Ben went rogue. There was nothing, politically speaking, stopping Luke from tracking him down and killing him and ending everything right there.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Oh we're doing lists? WE'RE DOING LISTS? Let's GOOOO!

My favourite Sequel Trilogy moments/scenes/stuff (you'll never guess which movie is my favourite :P):

10. The Rey/Kylo lightsabre teleport trick. This is a little bit of a pity vote because otherwise I just wouldn't have had any TROS stuff on the list (perhaps I've mentioned I'm not the biggest fan of the movie :P), but I do really like the moment. Rey seeing Ben for the first time as Ben, the nods of acknowledgment, Ben's shrug. As long as I don't think about anything immediately preceding or following it, like when Ben just gets yote down a hole for the next ten m- NO I'm stopping myself here :P

9. Snoke's first boudoir scene in TLJ. Serkis just goes. for. it. as Snoke, and Rian's writing gives him this wonderful quality of feeling like a great speaker, but from a culture you don't know, using phrases that sound almost like common expressions but not quite the ones you know. I ain't ever heard that shit about "a cur's weakness", but I believe that it's a normal thing to say wherever Snoke comes from, y'know? Honestly this scene is a 10/10 right from the moment Serkis purrs "...a new... Vaaaaadeeeeeer...", but it hits 11/10 when he says "Take that ridiculous thing offff" (I feel like almost all Snoke's lines need italicizing because of Serkis' delivery). Ending it on Kylo smashing his helmet was such a great "Oh, I didn't see this coming" moment.

8. Finn and Rey escaping the TIEs in the Millennium Falcon. What a wonderful scene; still my favourite non-lightsabre action scene in the whole trilogy. We get to know Finn and Rey, they get to know eachother, all while we're treated to a wonderful, bombastic action scene. Love it.

7. That Holdo Manoeuvre. This age of CG blockbusters has definitely desensitized me to all the fireworks, so it was pretty remarkable to find out a pure visual spectacle that could still take my breath away. The way it brings three concurrent storylines to a climax at the same moment (Rey and Kylo's tug-o-war, Finn and Rose about to be executed, the Resistance escaping), all synchronized on Phasma's "Execute" is some masterful editing, too.

6. Luke and Yoda's fireside chat. That's Star Wars, baby. The absolute madman only went and brought back puppet Yoda and wrote a scene that I still can't watch without ugly-crying just a little bit.

5. Han and Kylo out on the catwalk. Again, ugly-crying. This scene always gets me, because I always feel like there's just the tiiiiniest little chance that Kylo isn't going to do it, even though I know he will. Han tenderly cupping his son's cheek as he falls is so heartbreaking. Honestly, how could you not be a Bendemption voter knowing Han Solo's died wanting nothing more than his son to come back?

4. Reylo Force Skype. I don't know if it's cheating when this is actually several scenes over the course of the movie, but whatever I'm doin' it. The moment Rey looks into the middle distance and finds Kylo sitting there is the moment the Sequel Trilogy truly begins. The ferocious sexual tension, Kylo Ren's glistening shirtless bod, the most outrageously erotic touch of fingertips in cinema history. Oh, they fuckin'....

3. Luke's final stand on Crait. When the dust settled after 10 trillion watts of laser energy annihilated Luke Skywalker, and he was still standing, I was in hoype heaven, and I stayed there right through to the reveal that Luke was Force Projecting. Kylo's animal rage and the samurai-style charges are so good, but Luke owns this scene. Turning the tide of a galaxy-wide war single-handedly without so much as raising a hand in violence; Luke Skywalker is the best Jedi ever and this scene is the ultimate example of Jedi-ing.

2. Kylo and Rey's psychic fight on Starkiller Base. The mysteries of the Force laid bare in a single beautiful shot of two actors grimacing at eachother, perfectly conveying the battle of wills going on inside their gorgeous heads. The purest of kino. This is my favourite bit of Force 'training' in all the movies; I was just so delighted to see Rey being forced to learn 'on the job', essentially being taught the concept of Force mind juju by the man who's trying to use it against her, and starting to flex it like a muscle before our very eyes.

1. Kylo Ren. Rey. Snoke. 8 Praetorian Guards. I think this is my favourite moment in all of Star Wars. Kylo using Snoke's mindreading powers against him, Snoke getting his ENTIRE SHIT CHOPPED THE FUCK UP, the sabre hovering over to Rey, Kylo and Rey wordlessly gazing into eachothers eyes before turning back to back and squaring up against the Red Bois for my favourite Star Wars fight scene. The ecstasy of seeing our two favourite kids working together, immediately followed by the agony of them splitting apart again. The Rey Nobody reveal. Adam Driver's "Please". It's too good. Nobody told Rian Star Wars wasn't supposed to be this good; nobody stopped the maniac.

Honorable mentions (oh shit even these are all from TLJ I'm such a mark):
- Luke's first lesson to Rey, such a lovely way of reintroducing the Force
- Finn vs. Phasma. "Rebel scum"
- Comrade Rose educates Finn about class consciousness
- Rey's darkside cave trip. I loved the idea of even a Dark Side cave still not being able to give Rey what she wanted
- BLOW THAT PIECE OF JUNK OUT OF THE SKY!
- That part where Rey does her hair up real nice and mails herself to her boyfriend and they metaphorically fuckkkkk but with lightsabres

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
1 week. Just got into season 6 of clone wars so I am in the home stretch. Season 5 was amazing.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
oh wow we're just one week away.

yeah... these one week intervals between eps are gonna be rough. almost kinda makes we want to hold off watching

(no way would i have the will power to actually do that lmao)

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
My Top 10 Cutest Moments of the Sequel Trilogy

10. BB-8 trying to wake up R2.
A perfect blend of old and new, sad and cute. I can't wait for the kids cartoons where R2 and BB-8 go on adventures together.
r2d2-bb8.gif

9. Porg lightsaber gag
It's a credit to Rian Johnson for how quickly he can make us all go "No, stop touching that" like we're all concerned parents.
giphy.gif

8. Rey meets Poe
This is unfair because everyone makes this face when they meet Oscar Isaac. It's also unfair because I would have loved to see a ReyPoe romance in Duel of the Fates. I'll settle for this gif, though.
latest

7. Puppet Yoda is back
Bringing back Yoda as a puppet isn't just about design. It's about how he moves. How cute Muppets are when they animate properly. Glad to see our little green Space Kermit back and looking adorable. <3

source.gif

6. *insert Eyes emoji*
We all looked. And then looked again. Then were confused by the pants. Then looked some more. This is a "cute" list, not an "oh my" list, but I couldn't not include it.

kylo1.gif

5. Babu Frik
The Rise of Skywalker is a divisive film, but the one thing everyone agrees on is Babu Frik. We must protect this smart boy at all costs.

tenor.gif

4. No eat Porg
Chewy rips men's arms off, but nobody can resist a sad looking Porg. (I bet they taste yummy, tho)

giphy.gif

3. Poe rubs BB-8's belly like a puppy.
C'mon. We all want to do it.

-1Rtg4MgV47sbZJJ_eOVLxTN-etjLbFCDY8oPC86RjaFoAuyRzIGzTV90V-oKKq6j7L3FOHA1c1SoQg_MVBCS42PIzXOBICQnmyf5mpO42O_jMgO1TmV0J3IxRWVcZAuUlOdoxhHKxeVpILvSVDsHJSgmxkHil3tStUY

2. Porg Co-pilot
After Han Solo died, Chewy needed a new co-pilot. The ship was gifted to Rey, but we all know who Chewy really wanted by his side.

tenor.gif

1. BB-8 Thumbs Up
I saw this movie multiple times in theaters, and no sight gag popped harder. It's funny, adorable, inventive and a perfect distillation of our perfect little round buddy.

giphy.gif

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Top 10 Cutest Moments of the Sequel Trilogy

10. BB-8 trying to wake up R2.
A perfect blend of old and new, sad and cute. I can't wait for the kids cartoons where R2 and BB-8 go on adventures together.
r2d2-bb8.gif

9. Porg lightsaber gag
It's a credit to Rian Johnson for how quickly he can make us all go "No, stop touching that" like we're all concerned parents.
giphy.gif

8. Rey meets Poe
This is unfair because everyone makes this face when they meet Oscar Isaac. It's also unfair because I would have loved to see a ReyPoe romance in Duel of the Fates. I'll settle for this gif, though.
latest

7. Puppet Yoda is back
Bringing back Yoda as a puppet isn't just about design. It's about how he moves. How cute Muppets are when they animate properly. Glad to see our little green Space Kermit back and looking adorable. <3

source.gif

6. *insert Eyes emoji*
We all looked. And then looked again. Then were confused by the pants. Then looked some more. This is a "cute" list, not an "oh my" list, but I couldn't not include it.

kylo1.gif

5. Babu Frik
The Rise of Skywalker is a divisive film, but the one thing everyone agrees on is Babu Frik. We must protect this smart boy at all costs.

tenor.gif

4. No eat Porg
Chewy rips men's arms off, but nobody can resist a sad looking Porg. (I bet they taste yummy, tho)

giphy.gif

3. Poe rubs BB-8's belly like a puppy.
C'mon. We all want to do it.

-1Rtg4MgV47sbZJJ_eOVLxTN-etjLbFCDY8oPC86RjaFoAuyRzIGzTV90V-oKKq6j7L3FOHA1c1SoQg_MVBCS42PIzXOBICQnmyf5mpO42O_jMgO1TmV0J3IxRWVcZAuUlOdoxhHKxeVpILvSVDsHJSgmxkHil3tStUY

2. Porg Co-pilot
After Han Solo died, Chewy needed a new co-pilot. The ship was gifted to Rey, but we all know who Chewy really wanted by his side.

tenor.gif

1. BB-8 Thumbs Up
I saw this movie multiple times in theaters, and no sight gag popped harder. It's funny, adorable, inventive and a perfect distillation of our perfect little round buddy.

giphy.gif

lol Rey and Poe go from "hey there ;)" to hating each others guts one movie later.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about a full list, but Rey pulling the saber from the snow, Kylo killing Snoke and then teaming up with Rey against the Praetorian guards, and Luke's last stand on Crait are definitely my top 3 moments of this trilogy.