• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Another couple of years in the gym making gains between TLJ and TROS, and then I think she leaned out a little more to show off that grade A prime beef, and she looks shredded.

Swole.

Vascular.

JACKED.

What I'm saying is Disney needs to start work on Episode X immediately so we can get Daisy back under the iron. Get her hitting those macros, double-scooping on that Whey, pre-workout mid-workout post-workout. I'm talking about that Smolov routine, running blocks back to back to back. If the bar ain't bending you're just pretending. Let her go up a weight class; she can fill it out. You can't flex bone.

Of course Adam will be right there alongside her. They'll spot eachother on bench, scream at eachother when they're going for PBs. Ben Swolo meets Rey Creatine. A Dyad in the Gym.

another reason why Ben Solo should've survived. Now we're robbed of any potential future story potential. Weightlifting based or otherwise.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Also prequel fans are more united, they tend to like all 3 prequels, whereas sequel fans are more divided in subgroups.
Yeah, I know someone who likes all prequels(even considers Episode 2 to be great) and hates TFA(considers it one of the worst SW movies ever) and TLJ but found TROS to be ok at best.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
The updated release schedule for Disney's movie slate was posted over on Reddit and it seems like Star Wars is still listed for 2022, 2024 and 2026. So as of today, 2022 is still happening.

The mentions of Untitled Disney Animation movies are mocking me. Dammit, I want to know what they are! Are any of them musicals, Disney? Tell me at least one of them is a musical! Preferably original and not a sequel.

Also, that stray "xlsx" extension in the file name is killing me. The Disney behemoth, devourer of all media, king of the box office, trusted their movie schedule file to someone who didn't proofread the filename.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
The mentions of Untitled Disney Animation movies are mocking me. Dammit, I want to know what they are! Are any of them musicals, Disney? Tell me at least one of them is a musical! Preferably original and not a sequel.

Also, that stray "xlsx" extension in the file name is killing me. The Disney behemoth, devourer of all media, king of the box office, trusted their movie schedule file to someone who didn't proofread the filename.

I like everything about this post.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder of these guys are actual characters or just art to depict the style of the ERA.

sTiqu6v.jpg

All the other concept art that has lightsabers have pretty standard ones (with teal and purple thrown in the mix) but this one has those and white and black.

The black and white characters also seem to be the same race but they're different colors.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder of these guys are actual characters or just art to depict the style of the ERA.

sTiqu6v.jpg

All the other concept art that has lightsabers have pretty standard ones (with teal and purple thrown in the mix) but this one has those and white and black.

The black and white characters also seem to be the same race but they're different colors.

It took me a bunch of times looking at that image to notice the double white saber. Also, is that a lothwolf (or what ever those things were called)?

I don't even have that much nostalgia for NES Star Wars yet I want that cart.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

sTiqu6v.jpg

Blonde Liv Tyler looks good

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland

sTiqu6v.jpg

Never expected Trandoshan as a Jedi, that's such a cool idea.

The white double-bladed looks really dope, I wonder if the black one has any ties to the darksaber.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Surfinn Bruh where you been? I realized I haven't seen you in this thread in ages
TROS really burned my enthusiasm for SW, for the time being. When the next show is around the corner, I'll be right back here. Was kind of a huge gut punch for me.

Thanks for asking though, I've been pretty invested in AEW and politics. I look forward to Mando continuing and seeing what the next SW show looks like.

Too bad we all aren't somewhat closer, physically, would be fun to meet up.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TROS really burned my enthusiasm for SW, for the time being. When the next show is around the corner, I'll be right back here. Was kind of a huge gut punch for me.

Thanks for asking though, I've been pretty invested in AEW and politics. I look forward to Mando continuing and seeing what the next SW show looks like.

You aren't watching The Clone Wars S7? First two episodes have been excellent.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I don't know man but i feel like The Clone Wars was overrated af and now we're seeing the results. I see no hype for it and barely anyone talks about it, compare this to The Mandalorian.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I don't know man but i feel like The Clone Wars was overrated af and now we're seeing the results. I see no hype for it and barely anyone talks about it, compare this to The Mandalorian.

Mandalorian was new, and released before TROS which I think has dampened excitement somewhat. Clone Wars is a continuation of a very popular series, releasing after TROS, in a timeline we already know about. Plus from what I hear it's still just as excellent.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TCW has always been more of a niche show, Mando was mainstream. You aren't going to get most of the GA fans to care about or watch an animated Star Wars show.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019

I was right with you on TROS. I'm still annoyed by it, obviously there have been bad SW films before but it stings more as an ending. Really hope the new slate of films redeems it.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

Folks don't really recall, but it was about the same in the Cartoon Network days. When we get hype over TCW, we're really thinking of a handful of select moments, arcs, and characters, not individual episodes.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
A handful of copies of the novelization of The Rise of Skywalker are being sold at C2E2, Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Clone Wars is so amazing. Just on Season 6.

Some of the darkest and best Star Wars storytelling.

First two episodes of S6 are amazing too! So much better than Rebels

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's the Tier 3 fan in me, but I'm endlessly bugged that all the TROS promotional art of the duel on the Death Star has Kylo in his mask. Can they not edit Adam's face in just once? I'm sure there are any number of Tumblr artists who'd be only too happy to draw that big honker of his in profile.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this week's Clone Wars. I'm so glad we get to (mostly) finish the series.

I currently have TLJ on while I do a couple things. The more time goes by, the more it cements itself as my favourite Star Wars.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I was in a bookstore earlier tonight and browsed through some of the new Star Wars comics.

oh my god

why is salvador larroca's art so bad

just poorly traced screencaps from the movies

aaahghh

oasnqcwkl99mctjligfc.png

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Why couldn't you Just let me be happy, JJ?

I was in a bookstore earlier tonight and browsed through some of the new Star Wars comics.

oh my god

why is salvador larroca's art so bad

just poorly traced screencaps from the movies

aaahghh

oasnqcwkl99mctjligfc.png
He ruined so many arcs.

Even aside from his awful tracing, all of his designs are godawful and every single panel is done in the most boring and by the numbers way possible.

Also, he's a prick.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what's great about Phantom Menace? The podracer engine sounds.

Fixed.

The podrace was the last truly great SW setpiece (that isn't a lightsaber battle) than can stand up to the magic of the Trench Run, Asteroid Chase, and Speeder Bike chase.

Which isn't to say that the rest of the SW films since then don't have great action. They do. But the above sequences just have that little extra something in terms of merging technical craft and inspiration to give the audience something they've never seen before.