• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If I recall correctly, right after Kelly Marie Tran delted her instagram, they posted that they would interview people at Lucasfilm and Disney, about how they intentionally baited fans into harrasing her by creating divisive movies.

They also blew off the idea that she left Instagram over harassment.

These same people deleted their Twitter today after their attempt to get Andi harassed backfired.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what one of the people who RFR Tweeted the picture to had to say about the image:

In the sub-Tweets he calls for Andi and "all other SJWs infesting Lucasfilm" to be fired, just in case it wasn't abundantly clear which audience they are intending to rile up.

If you're like me and sick of seeing the toxic part of the Star Wars fandom harass people over social media because they didn't like a Star Wars film, you might want to report the RFR Patreon for attempting to insight further harassment.

Done.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If I recall correctly, right after Kelly Marie Tran delted her instagram, they posted that they would interview people at Lucasfilm and Disney, about how they intentionally baited fans into harrasing her by creating divisive movies.

The whole episode on that was super fucking cringey and the reason I finally unsubscribed. Kept saying that she doesn't deserve the abuse but then trying to justify why it was happening. Really fucked up and hard to listen to, like they couldn't accept that a good chunk of the fanbase are shitting it up for the rest of us.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rebel Force Radio have been nasty for years. This was just their ugliness coming to the limelight.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
screenshot2018-07-10anjkln.png

giphy.gif

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine gaining all that fame to the point of being known as the official Star Wars podcast only to throw it all away because you got mad about women on the internet. Pathetic.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really miss the days when I could feel embarrassed for being a Star Wars nerd solely because Star Wars was a dork hobby for pencil neck geeks.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What kind of people support these dudes on Patreon anyways? You don't have anything better to with money than give to to people who record podcasts every fucking week about star wars?

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
What kind of people support these dudes on Patreon anyways? You don't have anything better to with money than give to to people who record podcasts every fucking week about star wars?
I mean, I'm on Botchamania and the comedy button's patreon.

It's not about wanting to do that, if you like something, by all means, support them. It's more about what to do when those people betray your expectations and decide to throw your beliefs under the bus because they have a problem with women.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it's an actual company online that will mail someone a bag of dicks...

Dicks By Mail - Anonymously mail a bag of dicks

Yep.

Those aren't dicks either? I wouldn't actually mind receiving those, more useful to me than a bag of dildos. I was making a joke that surely SW fans weren't literally cutting of their own dicks to send to Bobby.

On a related note, I'm a Star Wars whore, but even I cringe at the idea of a whole podcast dedicated to Star Wars talk.

Last edited:

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious. The OP says that look at any thread here and you see fandom has been garbage fire. I have seen people debating, and sometimes arguing whether or not TLJ is good movie. But I've yet to see anyone here engage in the kind of toxic behavior that these podcast people are engaging in. It's kind of insulting to honest.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
how sad to you have to be as a person to incite harassment over fucking star wars

People take stuff like Star Wars (or video games, or comics, or any big media thing, really) and make it the core of their entire being. When they see what they perceive as an attack on their fandom, they go apeshit. Combine that with racism/sexism, and you have what you see here.

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
He said a lot of stuff tho.

What a fucking prick you are, anonymous asshole man.

"he said a lot of stuff"

And then you're gonna sit there and feign surprise that over the course of the last four years some ugly, insecure, anonymous maladjusted internet gamergate pissbabies might have thrown themselves headfirst over the line to do something awful to and/or at me. Like they haven't done this. Fuck, like it didn't happen HERE, back when here was all jug-eared and Orange colored.

I don't even post here and you're STILL fucking nursing your pencildick over the fact people paid attention to me.

It's a thread about a shitty presence in Star Wars fandom removing themselves from a shitty social media platform and all you wanna do is talk about ME and goof on total strangers sending candy dicks to my home address like that's a thing I should expect because "he said a lot of stuff."

Man, fuck you. Fuck Shintoki too. You cowardly, petty, anonymous fuck.

Enjoy your comfy purple circle jerk where nobody ever has to put their name and their face on anything and you never have to own your shit.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
At a certain point, what do you talk about?

Sooooo, that Chewbacca, huh? Chewie, Big Chew, doin that Wookiee thang of the Kashyyk hot tip. Rippin arms.... I like Chewbacca. He's cool.

Exactly. Like, how can you just sit and talk about SW every week without losing your mind?

There's a new movie every year, an animated series on TV, novels out every few months, and multiple comics each week.

Even still is that enough material to talk about? I mean Solo came out months ago, Rebels has been done, and wasn't the last novel Last Shot? I can't even listen to gaming podcasts anymore because I find them all too boring, focusing on something as singular as SW would seem like torture to listen to every week on end. How many times can you complain about TLJ?

What a fucking prick you are, anonymous asshole man.

"he said a lot of stuff"

And then you're gonna sit there and feign surprise that over the course of the last four years some ugly, insecure, anonymous maladjusted internet gamergate pissbabies might have thrown themselves headfirst over the line to do something awful to and/or at me. Like they haven't done this. Fuck, like it didn't happen HERE, back when here was all jug-eared and Orange colored.

I don't even post here and you're STILL fucking nursing your pencildick over the fact people paid attention to me.

It's a thread about a shitty presence in Star Wars fandom removing themselves from a shitty social media platform and all you wanna do is talk about ME and goof on total strangers sending candy dicks to my home address like that's a thing I should expect because "he said a lot of stuff."

Man, fuck you. Fuck Shintoki too. You cowardly, petty, anonymous fuck.

Enjoy your comfy purple circle jerk where nobody ever has to put their name and their face on anything and you never have to own your shit.

Yo, he back! You staying?

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Even still is that enough material to talk about? I mean Solo came out months ago, Rebels has been done, and wasn't the last novel Last Shot? I can't even listen to gaming podcasts anymore because I find them all too boring, focusing on something as singular as SW would seem like torture to listen to every week on end. How many times can you complain about TLJ?

Back when I was involved with Star Wars podcasting there was always something to talk about. And now when I'm doing a Marvel podcast every single week there are times when I think "damn, what is the podcast going to be this weekend?" and there always ends up being enough to fill the time.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
There's a new movie every year, an animated series on TV, novels out every few months, and multiple comics each week.

Fair enough, I was thinking more about this particular podcast. It's been around for years. I mean, those years in between the prequels and the new movies must've been pretty dry.

If I were to do it, I'd do a deep dive into Truce at Bakura. I've got thoughts on that one.

And then move into Kevin J. Anderson's oeuvre. Treat it seriously. Devote an entire podcast run to each book.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Will do this when I get home thanks

Cheers all, very much appreciate you all helping to stop this from carrying on.

I'm curious. The OP says that look at any thread here and you see fandom has been garbage fire. I have seen people debating, and sometimes arguing whether or not TLJ is good movie. But I've yet to see anyone here engage in the kind of toxic behavior that these podcast people are engaging in. It's kind of insulting to honest.

It's not the discussion in Star Wars threads that is the garbage fire, its what the Star Wars threads are about that is concerning. From Kelly Marie Tran being driven off social media due to constant harassment, to 'fans' wanting to finance a complete remake of TLJ and thinking that threatening to not purchase any more merchandise would be suitable leverage, to this. The fandom has been suffering from these deplorables and they have been generating headlines and, consequentially, threads.

Also, it's great that in a thread about a group of professional podcasters manufacturing their own propaganda in order to incite harassment against a Lucasfilm employee, that is what you chose to be the most concerned about.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn it. I read the title and knew it was going to be Andi, those assholes.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That new Twitter can't be real. What would be the point of deleting their main account and then just making a new one? I'd understand if they got banned but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This fandom keeps descending in the abyss. Holy shit how can an IP so inoffensive and progressive have fans so fucking stupid.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. Like, how can you just sit and talk about SW every week without losing your mind?

Yo, he back! You staying?

Some podcasts, like Blast Points, will talk about any news that happens for he first 20 minutes and then focus on a specific topic for about 40 minutes. Some of my favorites of their's consist of the history of Star Tours, Marcia Lucas, and the original Star Wars Arcade game.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This fandom keeps descending in the abyss. Holy shit how can an IP so inoffensive and progressive have fans so fucking stupid.

Star Wars is basically a religion at this point, which means going to war with other members for not being "true believers," misconstruing the intent of the original material and the author, and treating women as the cause of all their problems.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That new Twitter can't be real. What would be the point of deleting their main account and then just making a new one? I'd understand if they got banned but it doesn't sound like that was the case.
You're making the mistake of assuming these people are smart