• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 14, 2018
David W. Collins and The Soundtrack Show doesn't have anything to do with RFR anymore does he? I would hate to have to drop it.
Holy shit. I was so disappointed when Collins stopped recording Oxygen and never knew why.

So first of all, holy shit fuck these guys.

Second, thank you for bringing The Soundtrack Show to my attention. I'm so happy to have a new (ish?) music podcast. The host of Oxygen sucked anyway, his commentary was the worst part of the show. And I think I recognize his voice in some of those tweets which just disgusts me.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
Well shit.

Back in 2015 I listened to RFR a few times. They seemed like pretty positive and friendly people, with the exception of an ep where they took a small run the 2nd TFA trailer, which I didn't enjoy and this stopped listening. It's crazy that in 2.5 years they went from that to whatever the hell they were up to now.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit. I was so disappointed when Collins stopped recording Oxygen and never knew why.

So first of all, holy shit fuck these guys.

Second, thank you for bringing The Soundtrack Show to my attention. I'm so happy to have a new (ish?) music podcast. The host of Oxygen sucked anyway, his commentary was the worst part of the show. And I think I recognize his voice in some of those tweets which just disgusts me.

Did Collins and Jimmy Mac have a falling out? And was it over this shit?

SpookyLettuce

May 26, 2018

I'm going to link directly to the audio in Mana's OP because it needs to be heard loud and clear: these men are pure trash. Sexist, ignorant, trash.

I love how they assume boys will completely lose interest and fail to connect with new stories just because they star characters of the opposite gender, despite the fact that girls have had no problem doing that for ages due to how much media is unbalanced in favor of male protagonists.

And then they say women are the minority in genre fiction audiences, completely lacking the self-awareness to realize that the kind of attitude they show in the clip is a big reason why women avoid these types of fandoms in the first place.

Ugh.

I've never listened to RFR and after hearing/reading about them, I'll be glad to stay far away. There are a lot of great SW podcasts out there to listen to instead.

And poor Andi having to put up with this nonsense. Hopefully RFR will stay off Twitter and stop taking part in inciting the hateful crap that goes on in this fandom.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the biggest takeaway from these kinds of threads for me is always how shitty the actual platform of Twitter is, especially when displaying photos. To even semi understand the original tweet embedded here I need to click on it to open twitter, then click on it again to see one of the entire images instead of it cropped in the most non useful way possible. Need to do. It 4 times to see all images.

Why anyone uses that platform is beyond me.

Also Star Wars fans are insane.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder what their wives think of this. And I know one of them has a daughter (the other has two sons whom I hope have more sense then their father). Do you just choose to ignore the women in your life when you spout this kind of nonsense?

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space

I'm going to link directly to the audio in Mana's OP because it needs to be heard loud and clear: these men are pure trash. Sexist, ignorant, trash.

Welp, going to get a subscription to Dr Aphra comics to spite these assholes.

They are also wrong about Marvel not using the older comics for inspiration. Captain Marvel will be based on the Kree/Skrull War storyline from the mid 70s. In Homecoming Peters huge feat of strength getting out from under the building was from Ditkos early Amazing run. Many of the black panther scenes and villains were taken from the original Jungle Action comic. Demon in a Bottle was a part of Starks character development in Iron Man 2.

And that's only the MCU. Nearly everything the x-men movies have done was in part inspired by Claremonts late 70s to 80s run. Phoenix / Dark Phoenix was a 79/80 thing.

Fucking fake nerd boys.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
the biggest takeaway from these kinds of threads for me is always how shitty the actual platform of Twitter is, especially when displaying photos. To even semi understand the original tweet embedded here I need to click on it to open twitter, then click on it again to see one of the entire images instead of it cropped in the most non useful way possible. Need to do. It 4 times to see all images.

Why anyone uses that platform is beyond me.

Also Star Wars fans are insane.

When it comes down to it. Twitter is a great way to spread both information and misinformation. Also a great way to find like minded individuals.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When it comes down to it. Twitter is a great way to spread both information and misinformation. Also a great way to find like minded individuals.

And a horrible way to share photos. I guess it's not designed for that though. Still there should be some smart engineer over there that can make photos be viewable without clicking a million times.

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is going on in fandom, especially Star Wars fandom? I just don't get it. Where is this need to act this way?

I consider myself a big Star Wars fan, but I hated the prequels with a passion (so much so I walked away from the franchise for a bit), but I didn't harass anyone or complain about it. I just walked away and went about my life. If I read a bad Star Wars novel or watched a show I didn't like, I just said it wasn't good or talk with my friends about it, but that was it.

When the new movies came back, I saw TFA and was estatic. I read the Darth Vadar comic and fell in love with Dr. Aphra character. This new resurgence of SW stuff is great because we have new characters and new experiences. Why is that bad?

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Getting mad over a fucking mug and deletes their twitter. Lol. I mean, just the BIGGEST snowflakes I have ever seen.

This is what one of the people who RFR Tweeted the picture to had to say about the image:

In the sub-Tweets he calls for Andi and "all other SJWs infesting L ucasfilm" to be fired, just in case it wasn't abundantly clear which audience they are intending to rile up.

If you're like me and sick of seeing the toxic part of the Star Wars fandom harass people over social media because they didn't like a Star Wars film, you might want to report the RFR Patreon for attempting to insight further harassment.

Just did this.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
When the new movies came back, I saw TFA and was estatic. I read the Darth Vadar comic and fell in love with Dr. Aphra character. This new resurgence of SW stuff is great because we have new characters and new experiences. Why is that bad?

Cause it's Disney and they ruined everything they touch! Outside of marvel and a few other things but ignore those and you got failures!

/s

What makes me sad is those RFR guys would consider you a "fake" fan cause you dislike the prequels like they do with Simon Pegg.

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
What makes me sad is those RFR guys would consider you a "fake" fan cause you dislike the prequels like they do with Simon Pegg.

N2z9OH2.gif

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is going on in fandom, especially Star Wars fandom? I just don't get it. Where is this need to act this way?

I consider myself a big Star Wars fan, but I hated the prequels with a passion (so much so I walked away from the franchise for a bit), but I didn't harass anyone or complain about it. I just walked away and went about my life. If I read a bad Star Wars novel or watched a show I didn't like, I just said it wasn't good or talk with my friends about it, but that was it.

And people need to stop acting like TLJ was some catalyst for this 'movement" This start well before TFA launched and has only grown because it went unchecked. Seriously why in GODS name are the bitching about Aphra getting her own standalone comic? One of the bright spots spawned from the Vader comic? That's how you grow a damn universe.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As the country becomes more diverse, the potential "non-traditional" (in other words, non-white male) audience expands. Companies who produce genre fiction therefore have been expanding their horizons by incorporating more diversity in a effort to woo these audiences. Some fans, generally white males, see this as an attack on their interests, since what once catered to their fantasies now no longer caters to them exclusively. So Aphra can't have gotten a series because she's popular, it's because the SJWs are trying to force women down our throats. Rey and Finn can't be the heroes because that means there's no new white male hero, and that's Cultural Marxism.

Other people are critical of the new canon on logical grounds like plot or execution. They may argue vociferously but they're not the ones harassing actors.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I fucking hate Ethan Van Sciver. The dude is the answer to the question, "What if Frank Miller hated women instead of Muslims and he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it on Twitter?" He's the modern day poster child for the comics industry producing bitter, shitty dudes.

But Frank Miller does hate women. You only have to read one of his whores whores whores stories to see that.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
We are witnessing a cleansing. Star Wars fandom is showing their ass in wild ways.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my God I barely made it into that clip. It was like listening to the sexist version of Simpsons comic book guy talking to his own clone. I could smell the B.O. through my speakers.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Does Ethan Van Sciver have nothing better to do now that nobody in comics wants to work with him? Continue to die on that hill I guess.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
TLJ is now my favorite Star Wars movie. I liked it as much as Empire Strikes back but I put Empire Strikes Back over it as when I was growing up I spent dozens of hours lost in my imagination wondering what it would be like to exist in that movie. But looking at all the terrible people that can't stand this movie while also making those terrible people out themselves as sexist and racist. Well shit sorry little me this shit gets me way more nowadays.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For all of my bullshit and issues I'm so glad that I don't hate women let alone tot he point of not even being able to understand why other people might like women characters in a fictional series.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
TLJ is a great movie.
"Star Wars" Fandom keeps showing its true toxic colors *
Bobby is still a national treasure.

* Looking back, there was a lot of foreshadowing. Like, whenever i went to a ComicCon (mostly in Star Wars cosplay, no less) - there's always these booths, be it Star Wars amateur Lego builders, Cosplayers (Rebel Legion, 501st Legion and the likes) - They always show off their awesome toys and replicas, with big signs that say "DO NOT TOUCH!"
maxresdefault.jpg

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
George lucas.

Won.

I'm not even that much of a fan of TLJ, but I'm glad what it's done to expose the depths of the grotesque side of the SW fandom.

Didn't they killed George Lucas in South Park because he kept remastering his movies? He raped Indy because the creators of South Park hated Indy 4. People all seemed to love that,

I have a feeling the fanbase hasn't become more toxic, there a just more ways for people to express themselves.

If Attack on the clones or Phantom Menace came out today twitter wouldn't have been kindly to George Lucas or Hayden

Schmeedtz

Nov 6, 2017
TLJ is a great movie.
"Star Wars" Fandom keeps showing its true toxic colors *
Bobby is still a national treasure.

* Looking back, there was a lot of foreshadowing. Like, whenever i went to a ComicCon (mostly in Star Wars cosplay, no less) - there's always these booths, be it Star Wars amateur Lego builders, Cosplayers (Rebel Legion, 501st Legion and the likes) - They always show off their awesome toys and replicas, with big signs that say "DO NOT TOUCH!"
maxresdefault.jpg
Slightly off-topic, but what do these warning signs have to do with toxicity in fandom?
Those props are very expensive, personal property and most times painstakingly handcrafted by their owners.