• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the need... the need for speed!
giphy.gif

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Please let it be a successor to X-Wing Alliance.
Just please....

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
If it's on console, it's EA's. That's the whole thing with the Disney deal.

EA's license is around the type of game, not the platform they're on. EA's contract covers "core" games, not necessarily console games. Disney Infinity 3.0 and LEGO Star War The Force Awakens both appeared on consoles but were not from EA.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Weird, banner almost seems like a Rogue Squadron kind of game.

If you're talking about the title pic in the OP it's the same style as the Solo film title. So I wouldn't think too much into it.

Who are we kidding, we all want a new Rogue Squadron for the new consoles, with VR support for the whole game. With HOTAS support, obviously. And cosmetic only microtransactions.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine it being a strategy game like battlefield gothic armada Warhammer 40K
Or like Dreadnought.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
If this is in any way a follow up to the VR in Battlefront 1 I will be in heaven.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Is there something here that says it's definitely published by EA? I don't think the VR stuff needs to be done by EA right? So I would assume if there's any confirmation it's EA then it could be a game.

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Star Destroyer and X-Wing means OT era. Maybe this is Motive's game?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Is the imlpication here that we're getting closer to the PlayStation 5 reveal? This seems like something that you'd wanna show off there. Showing games for current gen seems a bit off considering how close we are to the new systems. Could be wrong.

That being said make it a PC exclusive and have it play out like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. That'd be rad.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Is the imlpication here that we're getting closer to the PlayStation 5 reveal? This seems like something that you'd wanna show off there. Showing games for current gen seems a bit off considering how close we are to the new systems. Could be wrong.

That being said make it a PC exclusive and have it play out like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. That'd be rad.
Just two days ago we had a couple current gen game announcements.

Any idea on when this thing gets announced? Maybe later today?

Mar 23, 2018
Project definitely sounds like a VR game or demo. It has official assets for the Project name so that's its official title.

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue Squadron spiritual successor?

Republic Commando reboot????

I played Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds so much when I was younger. I didn't know Ensemble Studios (creators of Age of Empires/Mythology) made Galactic Battlegrounds as well. Empire at War is cool as hell. It's on PSN so I don't expect an RTS but now I'm dreaming...Creative Assembly making a Star Wars Total War game with the pure love they molded Total Warhammer out of.
Empire at War was made by a lot of the people behind the Dune games and Command & Conquer. Would love a sequel. It especially had amazing space battles.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
There's a selfish part of me that wants this to a be a VR dogfighting game (imagine doing the trench run in VR!!), but it probably would be better for everyone if it were a spiritual successor to Rogue Squadron (which also would be awesome).