• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Link to the io9 article.

After Disney bought Lucasfilm, the first new part of the Star Wars saga they produced was Star Wars Rebels. Early on the show defined what the franchise's new canon would and could become in a post-George Lucas world. But now, just as the movies are getting ready for their second act, Rebels is ready for its final one.

For its first three seasons, executive producer Dave Filoni and his team have told the story of Ezra Bridger, a young boy strong with the Force, who befriends a rogue group working as part of a growing Rebel Alliance. Along the way, the show has introduced several new fan favorite characters, as well as featured appearances from Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Lando Calrissian, Princess Leia, Mon Mothma, and others. But even when the show connects to the movies, it's always been focused on the journey of Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Zeb, Sabine, and Chopper, and their role in fighting the Empire.

Now the fourth and final season is here, which means finally answering some of the most important questions the show has raised. Where are the Jedi Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra during the emergence of Luke Skywalker? How does Grand Admiral Thrawn fit in with Darth Vader and the Emperor? And did any of these rebels play a part alongside Luke, Han, and Leia over the next few years?

Filoni won't say what's next on his agenda after Rebels ends, but he clearly wants it to be Star Wars.

I have an incredibly talented group of people working here [at Lucasfilm]. They've worked for me all 12 years that I've been here. So I feel indebted to them and want to keep creating work for them so they can use their abilities and tell great stories. I also want to keep pushing myself into areas that are challenging and new. I've had a lot of experience now interacting with live-action directors like Rian Johnson who's been really wonderful to me and showing me what their production is like.

I want to celebrate stories, and it doesn't matter what medium its in. I don't care — big screen, small screen — I just need space to tell a story. And do it as best I can. That's my goal in the end. So we'll have to see what form that takes in the future. ...But let's just put it this way. I learned from the best."

And if Filoni isn't at the helm, he wants to pass on what he has learned. Which is just oh, so Star Wars. "I feel rather indebted to George for the knowledge that he gave me," Filoni said. "And it's part of my responsibility to try to help other people maintain what makes Star Wars such a wonderful universe to visit."

Just please don't give him 'Obi-Wan', Disney.

More at the link.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Dave Filoni is a great guy but I think it's time to let some new blood work on whatever comes next.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Filoni is the unsung hero of Star Wars, in my opinion. I'm very excited to hear what his next project is. he and his team (alongside Lucas) help Star Wars reach its peak, in a medium that's more suited for the IP. all hail Darth Filoni

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited about whatever he has next. I'm pretty meh on Rebels overall, but Clone Wars is my favorite part of Star Wars.